Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 271183 times)

the claw

Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #1440 on: August 04, 2014, 10:46:46 PM »
Is that the same light you see regarding titch being a superior player to dusty?  :help

I've never said that. Nor have I ever said Shane is a great player.
However he's a heck of a lot better than some pencil dicks here painted him as. 8)
his game on the wekend how do you rate it.  brilluiant,  very good  acceptable sub par.  tto me this is one of his better games and it was acceptable.  as i said his best is good solid citizen. unfortunately he drops way below this for big chunks of every season.  think about it magic we have a 26yo or close to it nearly 150 game player and we are still talking about basic s with him.

you know what at 26 he should be a leader both on fiels and off. he should be at a good consistent reliable level. he doesnt have to be an a grader.  like houli like grigg like a few others we must do better. is he the worst player on the list???  no, but is that really a good excuse to retain him for so long.
you know you mat say people are just picking on him but when so many so constantly criticse him do think theres nothing to it but people picking.

Claw I honestly think his game was pretty good and he was one of our best. Some may see it differently.
Think he's starting to show some good form in a midfield role over the past couple of months and is having a real impact on our resurgence.
Believe he is very happy to be playing this genuine mid role as he was starving on a forward flank earlier in the season when the whole team was struggling, particularly out of the middle.

His much maligned foot skills this season are just about the best I have ever seen it.
Particularly for goal. Without fanfare has kicked a whole heap this year without missing.

I think he's still got improvement left in him too. Particularly as he's now spending regular time on the ball. Strong enough now to no longer be getting pushed aside easily and improving his endurance with every passing pre season.

Shane's one of our few who can make stuff happen from not much. Call it X Factor if you like.
Dusty is another but we don't have too many of them.
It's one of the reasons we have to be tolerant of their mistakes because they're looking to create rather than just paint by numbers.
As for any comparisons Dusty's a far better attacking player but Shane would cover a lot for him defensively too.

To the chagrin of a few he won't be traded anywhere.
He's well liked off field, is rated for what he does on field by his peers and was happy to sign with the club for 2 years a few weeks back.

I honestly think Shane gets a raw deal by a lot of Tiger fans. Many still look at him through dark glasses from a few years back and are stubborn with their view of him. That can be hard to shake and often they fail to see the good he does.

If we can upgrade him in time great but he's well entrenched in our current best 22 these days and I expect will be for some time yet.
magic on this one you have my respect in the sense you stick to your guns even when hes been poor which over the course has been most of the time, my opinion . we disagree but well done sir in staying constant and backing in what you believe. in saying that imo hes still ordinary ;D

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1441 on: August 04, 2014, 11:42:32 PM »
magic on this one you have my respect in the sense you stick to your guns even when hes been poor which over the course has been most of the time, my opinion . we disagree but well done sir in staying constant and backing in what you believe. in saying that imo hes still ordinary ;D

Thanks..I think. ;D

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1442 on: August 05, 2014, 08:55:48 AM »

I honestly think Shane gets a raw deal by a lot of Tiger fans. Many still look at him through dark glasses from a few years back and are stubborn with their view of him. That can be hard to shake and often they fail to see the good he does.

Maybe we can get a few experts to comment here, where is WAT by the way?

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1443 on: August 05, 2014, 09:48:56 AM »
Maybe we can get a few experts to comment here, where is WAT by the way?

Expert and WAT in the same sentence.  :help

surely said in jest???  :cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1444 on: August 09, 2014, 04:09:38 AM »
Credit where it's due. Titch was in our best 4-5 players last night. Kicked 2 goals himself and assisted in a couple of others was smart play.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1445 on: August 09, 2014, 06:48:28 AM »
Yes he played very well. I was worried in the 2nd & 3rd qtr as he went missing, he was then slammed and pinged for holding the ball and some of his field kicks let him down. But in the end he did some very good things and was a major contributor to the win.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1446 on: August 09, 2014, 07:14:09 AM »
He is such a good player, hands in close are the best we have. Makes something happen when he is around the ball, constantly moving through congestion :clapping

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1447 on: August 09, 2014, 10:19:37 AM »
Perfect example of this player came last night. After building his body for 8 years he got stopped & slammed like a little boy & he had all the momentum it was classic.  :lol He done his normal few things but his opponent does as he pleases  ;D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1448 on: August 09, 2014, 10:30:14 AM »
Perfect example of this player came last night. After building his body for 8 years he got stopped & slammed like a little boy & he had all the momentum it was classic.  :lol He done his normal few things but his opponent does as he pleases  ;D

What was he thinking trying to get through that. Dempsey was standing on the spot. It was like watching WWE. That was brutal, funny and I thought to myself at the time "momentum killing".

Pretty much sums him up but I'll say this much, his last quarter was the best quarter of footy he has ever played for the club. 2 goals and countless stats with a few tackles.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1449 on: August 09, 2014, 10:33:22 AM »

What was he thinking trying to get through that. Dempsey was standing on the spot. It was like watching WWE. That was brutal, funny and I thought to myself at the time "momentum killing".

Pretty much sums him up but I'll say this much, his last quarter was the best quarter of footy he has ever played for the club. 2 goals and countless stats with a few tackles.

l agree Don. His last 1/4 was good. a great team effort

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1450 on: August 09, 2014, 12:36:18 PM »

It was a poor handball too him.

Had little option bar what he did

He was wide with a paddock in front of him if the pass got to him

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1451 on: August 09, 2014, 01:45:33 PM »
Credit where it's due. Titch was in our best 4-5 players last night. Kicked 2 goals himself and assisted in a couple of others was smart play.

He's having a great year.  :)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1452 on: August 09, 2014, 03:20:16 PM »

Reckon that was one of the best tackles I've seen in a long long time

Remember when tackles like Dempsey's were the norm not the exception
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1453 on: August 09, 2014, 06:38:09 PM »

are you serious. He had plenty of other options but took the bully route & got nailed by a steroid  ;D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1454 on: August 09, 2014, 06:44:31 PM »

are you serious. He had plenty of other options but took the bully route & got nailed by a steroid  ;D

Exactly, had Floss and two others more open with the chance to use the paddock in front of them to get it to Dusty if he was quick enough and he chose the traffic path. It's decisions like that the don't endear him to many. Especially late in a quarter with the game being played on our terms at that stage. Lucky it didn't cost us and he had a great last quarter to make up for it.