Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 271119 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Shane Edwards - 150th game this week [merged]
« Reply #1530 on: September 01, 2014, 07:31:47 PM »
Awesome game. Let's see how he goes next year
wouldnt say awesome game at all. had a very good second half which quite frankly is about where he needs to play every week.

i thought he arrived in 2012 well if i listened to supporters he had.  reckon he played 10 or 12 good games in a row in 2012, but since then its taken until about rnd 15 this yr for him to string good games together again. and even then his good games produce barely enough imo.

ive seen the purple patches before and reckon he wont sustain the standard, very relevant comment imo lets see how he goes next yr. i for one certainly wont be jumping on any band wagon based on a few good games,  where lets be totally honest for a player his age with his  experience and role he should be at week in week out yr in yr out.

:thumbsup :clapping
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1531 on: September 01, 2014, 07:49:31 PM »
Awesome game. Let's see how he goes next year
wouldnt say awesome game at all. had a very good second half which quite frankly is about where he needs to play every week.

i thought he arrived in 2012 well if i listened to supporters he had.  reckon he played 10 or 12 good games in a row in 2012, but since then its taken until about rnd 15 this yr for him to string good games together again. and even then his good games produce barely enough imo.

ive seen the purple patches before and reckon he wont sustain the standard, very relevant comment imo lets see how he goes next yr. i for one certainly wont be jumping on any band wagon based on a few good games,  where lets be totally honest for a player his age with his  experience and role he should be at week in week out yr in yr out.

I'd say awesome game because he had a pretty good first half with his use in close but turned it up another notch in the second half but that's just my opinion. I agree on the purple patches hence why I said let's see how he goes next year. Seems every year this bloke goes from a bottom tradeable player to an outstanding one who "has turned the corner".
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 08:29:25 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1532 on: September 01, 2014, 08:31:15 PM »
Snip! Stick to the topic, ppl!

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1533 on: September 01, 2014, 10:02:59 PM »
Snip! Stick to the topic, ppl!

Aww I'm guessing it was directed at me and I missed it

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1534 on: September 02, 2014, 09:46:13 AM »
Blinkers blinkers everywhere. 8)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Former Rooster Shane Edwards flies under the radar with Richmond (Adel. Addy)
« Reply #1535 on: September 05, 2014, 04:38:29 AM »
Former Rooster Shane Edwards flies under the radar with Richmond

Kym Morgan
Adelaide Advertiser
September 05, 2014

GREG Edwards reckons son Shane is the most invisible 150-game player in the AFL, and that’s the way both of them like it.

The Tigers small forward has typically flown under the radar during Richmond’s staggering revival over the past nine weeks, but his impact hasn’t been lost on his coach Damian Hardwick.

Nor will it be ignored by Power coach Ken Hinkley as he plots how to stop the Tigers at Adelaide Oval this Sunday.

Playing the difficult small forward role, former North Adelaide player Edwards has averaged 21 possessions, one goal and 3.5 tackles a match since round 14.

He again proved his underrated value when he racked up 25 disposals pinch hitting in the midfield during the Tigers pulsating win over the Swans last week.

“I always tell him, I reckon he’s the most invisible player in the competition for the amount of games he’s played,’’ Edwards senior says.

“And he always says he hopes that never changes because that’s the way he likes it.

“There’s still a lot of people that wouldn’t even know who he is after 150 games and he’d love that.”

Greg, now the chief executive at North Adelaide, was a star in his own right.

In 1982, he became the youngest ever SANFL player to kick 100 goals in a season, when he bagged 104 majors for Central District as a 19-year-old.

His career was tragically cut short after he suffered a serious eye injury in a trial match against Glenelg the following year.

Edwards senior has been a quiet, but admiring, observer as Shane has gone from a 65kg teenage draftee to an important role player at Richmond, and attributed his son’s transformation to hard work.

“I’m just proud of him,’’ Greg says.

“He was always a pretty skinny and small junior.

“He was never the best junior in his team but he did all the little things really well and he worked hard.”

Complementing Edwards’ hard work is a freakish ability and a flair which prompted Hardwick to recently label the forward “an incredible talent”, and admire Edwards’ season-on-season improvement.

Edwards senior has a small link to Alberton, where he was the chief executive for the Magpies for a short time.

But there is no question where his loyalties lie this Sunday.

He, wife Tara, and his other son, Kym, will be at Adelaide Oval supporting the Tigers.

“I was actually a Geelong support up until 2007 when Shane joined,’’ Edwards says.

“I switched that year and Geelong one it first premiership in more than 40 years and they’ve won another two since.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/former-rooster-shane-edwards-flies-under-the-radar-with-richmond/story-fndv8t7m-1227048113302

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Former Rooster Shane Edwards flies under the radar with Richmond (Adel. Addy)
« Reply #1536 on: September 05, 2014, 09:24:24 AM »
“I switched that year and Geelong one it first premiership in more than 40 years and they’ve won another two since.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/former-rooster-shane-edwards-flies-under-the-radar-with-richmond/story-fndv8t7m-1227048113302

it wont be long and ours will be coming  :shh

dwaino

Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #1537 on: September 05, 2014, 10:11:44 AM »
"One it first"

:lol

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1538 on: September 05, 2014, 01:55:11 PM »
"One it first"

To be fair, he was a Geelong support.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger Time

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #1539 on: September 05, 2014, 03:08:12 PM »
"One it first"

To be even fairer, it was most likely the dumbass who wrote the article, not Shane's dad that made the error!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1540 on: September 05, 2014, 03:11:49 PM »
"One it first"

To be even fairer, it was most likely the dumbass who wrote the article, not Shane's dad that made the error!

I realise that but thanks for creating an account just to tell me anyway....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1541 on: September 05, 2014, 03:12:39 PM »
"One it first"

Is that you Mr. Edwards?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Shane Edwards is elite: Champion Data (afl site)
« Reply #1542 on: September 05, 2014, 03:43:31 PM »
Titch is elite and the most improved at Richmond according to Champion Data ...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-05/the-inquirer-cream-awards-night

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1543 on: September 05, 2014, 03:58:15 PM »
"Elite" please, that word is used very loosely in that context!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1544 on: September 05, 2014, 08:40:06 PM »
"One it first"

To be even even fairer
WELCOME!
Lots of people name their swords......