Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 271156 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #1635 on: April 03, 2015, 06:35:38 PM »
Where's a link to your stats?

I'll trust One -Eyes over yours
nine msm live score updates. one of the few sites i can find who do a quarter by quarter break down.
would appreciate if you or anyone else could provide a lnk to other sites that do it.

Link please.....
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1636 on: April 03, 2015, 08:40:35 PM »
Well Claw hs raised some good points to ponder in his stats.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1637 on: April 03, 2015, 09:12:22 PM »
The stats are contrary to OEs stats.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1638 on: April 03, 2015, 09:43:49 PM »
I thought Shane Edwards was good for the full game from watching the game.
He is a star at centre clearances ,when we were getting thrashed in the centre he is put in to stop the problem ( Age - 7 clearances)
Very nice work at getting the ball out and giving it to advantage

No wonder the coaching staff rate him very highly

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1639 on: April 03, 2015, 10:06:37 PM »
Has gone up a level in last 12 mths sheds.  Fine player  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Gigantor

« Reply #1640 on: April 03, 2015, 10:07:33 PM »
Agreed Bo

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1641 on: April 03, 2015, 10:34:33 PM »
and that makes me wrong eh. you wouldnt like to bring up those stats from the site i pointed you to.

im forced to keep on saying it supporters defend mediocrity continually for god knows why. his game was average today that means  passable.that is my opinion.  ffs you would not want it drop away because then he becomes a fair dinkum liability. where is oe anyway im sure he can shed some light on those stats..
wont change my opinion of edwards either way. averge player at best whose only consistency is to go missing in games.

yes he has nice hands intight he wins his share of c/ps but at the end of the day he rarely ever does enough. 26yr old going on 27 150 plus games and we are still having debates about his worth.that initself sort of says it all imo.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1642 on: April 03, 2015, 10:39:58 PM »
I thought Shane Edwards was good for the full game from watching the game.
He is a star at centre clearances ,when we were getting thrashed in the centre he is put in to stop the problem ( Age - 7 clearances)
Very nice work at getting the ball out and giving it to advantage

No wonder the coaching staff rate him very highly

They also rate Newman and grigg
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1643 on: April 03, 2015, 10:40:59 PM »

This I agree with. His last 12 have been his best that can't be questioned
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1644 on: April 03, 2015, 10:44:47 PM »

This I agree with. His last 12 have been his best that can't be questioned
can i ask where would you rate his best at the last 12 months. poor, ave, good, verygood, elite.

for what its worth  im more than happy to place him in the average basket.

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1645 on: April 03, 2015, 11:30:31 PM »
and that makes me wrong eh. you wouldnt like to bring up those stats from the site i pointed you to.

im forced to keep on saying it supporters defend mediocrity continually for god knows why. his game was average today that means  passable.that is my opinion.  ffs you would not want it drop away because then he becomes a fair dinkum liability. where is oe anyway im sure he can shed some light on those stats..
wont change my opinion of edwards either way. averge player at best whose only consistency is to go missing in games.

yes he has nice hands intight he wins his share of c/ps but at the end of the day he rarely ever does enough. 26yr old going on 27 150 plus games and we are still having debates about his worth.that initself sort of says it all imo.

You forgot his 7 clearances, which is a good result in anyone's language. Even raised a mention by Malthouse in his presser.

Just STOP always looking for the dark side, it's become boring repititive reading

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1646 on: April 03, 2015, 11:37:13 PM »

You forgot his 7 clearances, which is a good result in anyone's language. Even raised a mention by Malthouse in his presser.

Just STOP always looking for the dark side, it's become boring repititive reading
when people stop talking him up  above what hes done then i will. it does get boring and repetitive people constantly over rating our players as well.

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1647 on: April 03, 2015, 11:49:14 PM »

when people stop talking him up  above what hes done then i will. it does get boring and repetitive people constantly over rating our players as well.

At the end of the day you can only assess ones game by his output!

Game high contested possessions and game high clearances says he's had a pretty good game, not my opinion nor is it your repetitive negative opinion either, it's simply some stats that are highly valued in our game.  Not talking anyone up, just allowing an open mind when assessing ones output

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1648 on: April 04, 2015, 07:48:02 AM »
Where's a link to your stats?

I'll trust One -Eyes over yoursa
nine msm live score updates. one of the few sites i can find who do a quarter by quarter break down.
would appreciate if you or anyone else could provide a lnk to other sites that do it.

also if proved correct all apologies will be accepted  ;D.

one continual complaint i have with edwards is he just doesnt consistently get his hands on the ball enough. to me for an average mid 20 a game is the cut off as good as people make him out t be last yr he went at 17 .6 a game. it highlights the fact he does go missing throughout games too much.

as i said i thought he did some nice things but i also thought his game very inconsistent. and for three quarters he just didnt get his hands on the pill enough for me. 26yo 150 game mids just have to be better.
Q1 4
Q2 7
Q3 3
Q4 7
That's puts Shanes worse three quarter spread of possessions at 14, his best at 17.
According to champion data.
In a a match where game high possessions was 27 then his stats don't look too bad.
I  largely agree with claw about Edwards historically however when it comes to Thursday night, I disagree. He was very consistent.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1649 on: April 04, 2015, 11:40:17 AM »
Watch the replay and see how many goals he was involved in  :shh
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do