Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 271127 times)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #1695 on: April 19, 2015, 06:03:09 PM »
Mr Elite!

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1696 on: April 19, 2015, 06:40:26 PM »
Just another average game by Titch.

:huh

Pretty harsh call

No bites on the old double bluff......diabolical
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1697 on: April 19, 2015, 06:47:50 PM »
Come again  :huh
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1698 on: April 20, 2015, 01:43:37 PM »
geez i have to say the flower sniffers are sure quick of the mark.
its like they are just waiting at the key board with hot sweaty little fingers for the siren to go!!!!!!  so they can post. quite funny really fellas.

anyway just so i cant be accused of only posting when hes average  which is still too often mind, or posters like magic ask silly questions like where are the critics  ::) .
 well done shane on a pretty decent game.

Not on a pretty decent game, it was a bloody good game, Titch showed yet again tonight how valuable he is and how sorely he was missed last week.

As for at the ready waiting to post, well that's only because some on here, without naming names simply just can't concede that their knowledge of the game is somewhat clouded by pride.
lol i did say it was a pretty decent game. you know what im quite prepared to concede the phraseology, it was a how did you put it, a bloody good game.

and just a little point of difference here. i dont come on any thread asking where are the critics when they have bad games.
it really is tough titties if people dont like the criticims of our players.  i call it as i see it win lose or draw.

if i listened to some posters not naming names now,  edwards has been elite for 5 yrs or more. an utter nonsense.
his yr last yr was average yet people call him elite.
yes he has good games he also has average games and god forbid i say it poor ones as well.

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1699 on: April 20, 2015, 01:57:55 PM »
its like they are just waiting at the key board with hot sweaty little fingers for the siren to go!!!!!!  so they can post. quite funny really fellas.

anyway just so i cant be accused of only posting when hes average  which is still too often mind, or posters like magic ask silly questions like where are the critics  ::) .

Not on a pretty decent game, it was a bloody good game, Titch showed yet again tonight how valuable he is and how sorely he was missed last week.

As for at the ready waiting to post, well that's only because some on here, without naming names simply just can't concede that their knowledge of the game is somewhat clouded by pride.
lol i did say it was a pretty decent game. you know what im quite prepared to concede the phraseology, it was a how did you put it, a bloody good game.

and just a little point of difference here. i dont come on any thread asking where are the critics when they have bad games.
it really is tough titties if people dont like the criticims of our players.  i call it as i see it win lose or draw.

if i listened to some posters not naming names now,  edwards has been elite for 5 yrs or more. an utter nonsense.
yes he has good games he also has average games and god forbid i say it poor ones as well.

Been elite for quite some time now!

The easiest thing in the world to do is criticise, say no more

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1700 on: April 20, 2015, 07:26:52 PM »

seems even when you dont criticise even when you acknowledge a good game  you still cop crap. no winninning with some now is there. from here on in i think i will stick with the negatives.
you think him elite thats fine.  plenty dont and the last time i looked thats fine as well.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1701 on: April 20, 2015, 07:47:18 PM »
Some people finipoohink Sheds elite some people don't finipoohink that

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #1702 on: April 21, 2015, 12:05:12 AM »
Just a delight to watch. Silk.

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1703 on: April 21, 2015, 09:07:27 AM »

seems even when you dont criticise even when you acknowledge a good game  you still cop crap. no winninning with some now is there. from here on in i think i will stick with the negatives.
you think him elite thats fine.  plenty dont and the last time i looked thats fine as well.

No not at all, I don't think I ever in my posts ensured you 'cop crap' as you put it.

My only point is that you spend so much time on here being critical of all things Richmond that you've painted yourself into a corner and can't see anything positive when it sticks out like a pimple on your nose.

Shane Edwards is a very good player and an extremely valubale member of the team and has been for quite a while now.  Like anyone in life he also is entitled to have an off day without keyboard warriors taking his hide like it's their right.

Anyway as I say, the easiest thing in life to do is to criticise, say no more

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1704 on: April 21, 2015, 06:37:50 PM »
was is edwards being compared to houli?

far more valuable player

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1705 on: April 22, 2015, 05:15:19 PM »
Cotchin on 3aw talking about the importance of Edwards ...

* He’s crucial. He’s clean with the footy, he’s creative but it’s his work-rate which is the thing that inspires the majority of our teammates. Every time we have a review meeting, he’ll be in three or four examples, where he’s either pushed back to help the defence or shown his ability to equalise in the front half, which is just outstanding. That’s what we want everyone to raise the bar to, so he’s setting the standard in that area.

* Titchy’ Edwards is just one of those guys you love being around. He does fly under the radar, certainly not within our four walls. I think in the AFL world he’s under-rated but he’s starting to get recognition across the board, as he thoroughly deserves.

* I’d almost throw him in as someone who could take his game to a new level as a midfielder. The coaches have a lot of trust in him. He’s thrown into the centre bounce a lot because of how good he is at winning centre-bounce clearance and he’s just one of those guys that you can trust that he’s going to perform week in, week out.  That’s the level he’s got to.  I think he’s 26-27 now and has been in the system for a long time.  He was just trying to find that consistency and last year he was rewarded with a top-five Best and Fairest finish. I think we’re going to see even bigger things this year, which is only exciting for our footy club.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-04-22/edwards-energises-tigers

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #1706 on: April 22, 2015, 05:18:42 PM »
Now the collective has had a tizz over titch, I fear for him friday :help

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1707 on: April 22, 2015, 07:12:36 PM »
Malthouse gave him a big wrap for his clearances in the first round.

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #1708 on: April 22, 2015, 07:22:52 PM »
Cotchin on 3aw talking about the importance of Edwards ...

* He’s crucial. He’s clean with the footy, he’s creative but it’s his work-rate which is the thing that inspires the majority of our teammates. Every time we have a review meeting, he’ll be in three or four examples, where he’s either pushed back to help the defence or shown his ability to equalise in the front half, which is just outstanding. That’s what we want everyone to raise the bar to, so he’s setting the standard in that area.

* Titchy’ Edwards is just one of those guys you love being around. He does fly under the radar, certainly not within our four walls. I think in the AFL world he’s under-rated but he’s starting to get recognition across the board, as he thoroughly deserves.

* I’d almost throw him in as someone who could take his game to a new level as a midfielder. The coaches have a lot of trust in him. He’s thrown into the centre bounce a lot because of how good he is at winning centre-bounce clearance and he’s just one of those guys that you can trust that he’s going to perform week in, week out.  That’s the level he’s got to.  I think he’s 26-27 now and has been in the system for a long time.  He was just trying to find that consistency and last year he was rewarded with a top-five Best and Fairest finish. I think we’re going to see even bigger things this year, which is only exciting for our footy club.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-04-22/edwards-energises-tigers

Dont worry Trent, those of us that attend matches see how good he is.  :bow

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1709 on: April 23, 2015, 11:56:25 AM »
Dimma in his round 3 dissection talking about Titch:

Q. Shane Edwards has pressure acts and 10 scoring involvements. Has his position in the team been upgraded from important to critical?

Dimma:
Shane has become a wonderful player for our footy club and had two outstanding games so far this year. No doubt if he had played in the Bulldogs game, our side look different and we perform to a better level. His ability to, one, create, and two, impact the game defensively, is probably the best in our side. His a player since Dimma has been at Richmond, that hasn't missed a game and has improved each and every year. A great player. He's always been critical but now he is starting to believe that he is one of the elite players of the competition and we are fortunate to have him. So we look forward to seeing the continued season improvement. One thing we'd like to see more is more scoreboard pressure (i.e. kicking goals himself). We know he generates a lot of goal assists but we