Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 271157 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #1890 on: March 17, 2016, 09:57:03 AM »
Talented Tiger playmaker Shane Edwards was forced from the field early in the NAB 3 Challenge match after hurting his shoulder, but the injury is not as severe as first thought.

Burge confirmed that Edwards had suffered a bruised shoulder and minor nerve damage.

“It’s improved really quickly and he’s probably going to be doing some non-contact skills later this week, so I think he’ll be fine for Round 1,” Burge said.

Source: RFC website

No, surely not, really.. :huh :huh
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Shane Edwards on track for Blues opener .... (afl site)
« Reply #1891 on: March 18, 2016, 04:51:27 PM »
Shane Edwards on track for Blues opener

Travis King 
afl.com.au
March 18, 2016 1:41 PM

RICHMOND'S blow of losing star recruit Chris Yarran for six weeks has been softened by the likelihood key playmaker Shane Edwards will be fit for the blockbuster season-opener against Carlton.

Yarran will be sent for surgery early next week to repair plantar fascia tissue damage in his left foot, but Edwards is on track to recover from a sore shoulder in time to face the Blues.

The 27-year-old appeared to have suffered serious damage when he left Etihad Stadium in a sling during Richmond's final NAB Challenge hit-out against Port Adelaide, however, Edwards escaped with only severe bruising and nerve swelling.

"My understanding is that he is (likely to play round one)," Richmond CEO Brendon Gale said on Friday.

"I don't think there's any long-term injury. He got a knock that flared-up some pain and inflammation and nerve issues, but our expectation is that he'll train fully next week and he'll be available."

Edwards' expected availability is a huge relief for the Tigers, who are unlikely to see Yarran until at least round six.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-18/shane-edwards-on-track-for-blues-opener

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shane Edwards on track for Blues opener .... (afl site)
« Reply #1892 on: March 18, 2016, 06:32:40 PM »
Shane Edwards on track for Blues opener

Travis King 
afl.com.au
March 18, 2016 1:41 PM

RICHMOND'S blow of losing star recruit Chris Yarran for six weeks has been softened by the likelihood key playmaker Shane Edwards will be fit for the blockbuster season-opener against Carlton.

Yarran will be sent for surgery early next week to repair plantar fascia tissue damage in his left foot, but Edwards is on track to recover from a sore shoulder in time to face the Blues.

The 27-year-old appeared to have suffered serious damage when he left Etihad Stadium in a sling during Richmond's final NAB Challenge hit-out against Port Adelaide, however, Edwards escaped with only severe bruising and nerve swelling.

"My understanding is that he is (likely to play round one)," Richmond CEO Brendon Gale said on Friday.

"I don't think there's any long-term injury. He got a knock that flared-up some pain and inflammation and nerve issues, but our expectation is that he'll train fully next week and he'll be available."

Edwards' expected availability is a huge relief for the Tigers, who are unlikely to see Yarran until at least round six.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-18/shane-edwards-on-track-for-blues-opener
I just hope this year Dimma makes sure players coming back from injury are 90/100% right to go but more importantly they have had enough of training to have some "touch" back. Nothing worse when they rush blokes back that just fumble the footy for weeks. Having a lot more depth on our list will obviously help with this too if Dimma is prepared to play kids that have good form in the twos.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1893 on: March 18, 2016, 06:39:45 PM »
Haha. Yeah right

He loves playing them unfit
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1894 on: March 24, 2016, 11:27:15 PM »
His form in big games continues to be ordinary.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1895 on: March 24, 2016, 11:45:19 PM »
rubbish
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1896 on: March 24, 2016, 11:47:35 PM »
Like most of his team mates he looked out of touch.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1897 on: March 25, 2016, 12:24:48 AM »
Really? He did a few things that to me were very influential in a scrappy game.

Continues to be a massive barometer for us along with Lids and Dusty.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1898 on: March 25, 2016, 02:37:49 AM »
His form in big games continues to be ordinary.

Correct. Goes unnoticed next to our esteemed captain but equally as dreadful in big games

Downhill skier I like to call them

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1899 on: March 25, 2016, 09:58:26 AM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1900 on: March 25, 2016, 10:00:09 AM »

Agree

Thought his work in the last quarter in particular when his shoulder*** was clearly troubling him was absolutely outstanding.

*** Memo to Tiger players. Blind Freddie could see last night that the Blues made an effort to rough up Edward's shoulder and it worked as the game wore he favoured said shoulder big time. Would it be too much to ask our players to do the same thing to the opposition? Murphy was cutting us to ribbons, don't remember seeing one of our blokes going in a targeting his bung shoulders

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1901 on: March 25, 2016, 10:50:05 AM »
He was poor, however, he just missed a couple of half chances. If he capitalises on those he has a reasonable game.

tony_montana

« Reply #1902 on: March 25, 2016, 10:51:50 AM »
Underrated game, did a lot of good things

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1903 on: March 25, 2016, 10:55:18 AM »

I said he was out of touch. I didn't say he didn't do anything useful. There were several occasions where an in touch Shed would have not fumbled and shot the ball out to a teammate but missed the chance. Yes, there a few pivotal moments that he willed himself onto the contest and created an opportunity. He is now a very important player in the side and so he is judged more harshly than he was 5 years ago. :thumbsup
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1904 on: March 25, 2016, 01:00:30 PM »

I said he was out of touch. I didn't say he didn't do anything useful. There were several occasions where an in touch Shed would have not fumbled and shot the ball out to a teammate but missed the chance. Yes, there a few pivotal moments that he willed himself onto the contest and created an opportunity. He is now a very important player in the side and so he is judged more harshly than he was 5 years ago. :thumbsup

Yep. Had a couple of chances that he normally snaffles but didn't make the most of them. Given what he's capable of producing you therefore have to say he was disappointing.