Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 271086 times)

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #2010 on: May 30, 2016, 11:02:56 AM »
I used to be a massive critic of Sheds but he has developed into a very handy player for us. He was our leading AFLCA vote getter for a good part of the first half of the 2015 season. His broken fibula was probably causing more trouble than the club was letting on.

Now that he's over come his collarbone and leg injuries, I actually think he has been quite servicable of late.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2011 on: May 30, 2016, 11:04:39 AM »
I used to be a massive critic of Sheds but he has developed into a very handy player for us. He was our leading AFLCA vote getter for a good part of the first half of the 2015 season. His broken fibula was probably causing more trouble than the club was letting on.

Now that he's over come his collarbone and leg injuries, I actually think he has been quite servicable of late.

Top 10 in afl for some time
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2012 on: May 30, 2016, 11:45:01 AM »
...which will give him peak currency..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2013 on: May 30, 2016, 11:47:10 AM »
...which will give him peak currency..... :shh

Won't happen though although I agree to some extent. Could get us one of the guns from GWS, maybe even be involved in the Prestia deal...
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2014 on: May 30, 2016, 01:04:26 PM »
He said Titch is better
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #2015 on: May 31, 2016, 03:01:14 AM »
Agree - easily our best expendable player.

For comparison, martin kicked so badly in the 1st q he had negative meters gained

How often does he kick that badly? Was still massive in the contests.

Dusty often has patches of games when his kicking goes to crap
We can thank Dumma's game plan of overemphasising the need for controlled possesion with the use methodical ball movement thus the resultant proliferation of the dinky20 metre special.
 I'm fairly certain that Dustys errors are made when his natural inclination to pinpoint a pass to the chest of a teammate 40-60 metres away suddenly collide with the indoctrination of "The Richmond Way".
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2016 on: June 01, 2016, 02:04:45 PM »
Why I am skeptic Edwards is "expendable"

- Good at crumbling. Richmond, generally terrible at this

- Skilful,  elusive, silky        "

- beautiful hands.           "

-  creative.                "

-  X factor.         "

-  speed.          "

- can play forward successfully.

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2017 on: June 01, 2016, 02:17:05 PM »
Which all equals prime trade value*

*providing potential suitors ignore the fumbling, shanks &wormburners, missed tackles, three shyte finals performances, one-sidedness/Heskey turning circle.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2018 on: June 01, 2016, 02:32:20 PM »
Fumbling? Generally exceptional hands in most aspects of the game IMHO   Greg Williams like ...

Shanks, yes but for mine Is a good kick overall. Good kick for goal too important for a forward

Tackles well at times. Example the first five seconds last match

This no turnin circle business is somewhat exaggerated. Compare with boaty mcboat face troy Chaplin

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2019 on: June 01, 2016, 02:34:41 PM »
Think of the diversity too

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2020 on: June 01, 2016, 04:05:07 PM »
His good hands are more in relation to his quick hand passing....he often fumbles when trying to gather the ball ...he'll even fumble when just carrying the ball or shaping to kick....gets ahead of himself..... you can't say, on balance, that he's a one touch player...

When Rioli's tearing it up 2-3 years from now with one or two of Prestia/O'Meara/Crouch/Steele/Tomlinson/Hartlett feeding him the ball, no-one will care that we traded Edwards.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 04:36:52 PM by Diocletian »

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2021 on: June 01, 2016, 04:38:02 PM »
Personally I don't consider Edwards expendable. Absolute keeper and real X-factor player for me...

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2022 on: June 01, 2016, 07:17:15 PM »
Our team at worse suffers from a slow, predictable, stagnant brand of football and people want to trade away one of the few fast, creative players on our list?

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2023 on: June 01, 2016, 07:18:14 PM »
When he's not in the team we struggle to win (X factor), he is the play maker , Shane can do the unexpected that often leads to a goal. His shanks are often because he trying to pin point a pass in a crowded defensive zone.
To me trading Edwards would be equal with trading Rance

tony_montana

« Reply #2024 on: June 01, 2016, 08:20:53 PM »
Ive been a big shane edwards critic until recent times - what do people think we'd get for him? we wouldnt get a top 10 pick. more likely around the 20 mark which is unders for him, hes  a borderline a grader for us now and that wouldnt be reflected in the compensation we'd receive for a trade  so i say no