Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 271102 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #2055 on: June 13, 2016, 05:34:44 PM »
Blame dimmer for having and developing  such a poxxy list, although he not only sees it as depth but can afford crem on top too.
Nobody is cultivated to play to their natural strengths.
The moron wants 22 utility players (showing my age) running around, doing everything.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2056 on: June 13, 2016, 08:59:04 PM »
Bloke has got to an age where we wont get value for money if we trade him out now. Such a shame.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2057 on: June 13, 2016, 10:59:58 PM »
Lost count of the amount of times opposition sides just run through Edwards when coming out of our forward 50 or him & Grigg from a centre clearance....human speed humps.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2058 on: June 14, 2016, 12:09:23 AM »
Bloke has got to an age where we wont get value for money if we trade him out now. Such a shame.

Disagree, he'll be 28 by years end.

He's got another 3-5 years in him at least. If blokes like Goddard and Dal Santo can attract interest and good picks then I think Edwards can - however I note that he's not the same calibre of player.

If we decide to trade him he will attract plenty of attention IMO. However I'd be happy to keep him myself and just play him as a small forward...

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2059 on: June 14, 2016, 06:01:08 AM »
For how many years having we all been saying, just play Edwards as a small forward....many! Its not going to happen, If anything he will probably end up in the back pocket with the rest of them.

I say trade him, yes he has improved but he is not consistent enough and a club on the verge of a premiership may offer their late first round pick for him, something we should take.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2060 on: June 14, 2016, 07:11:58 PM »
Has X-factor. How long has this forum been going crazy for it? Give me consistency anyday

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2061 on: July 01, 2016, 10:40:59 PM »
How did this fine intro aboriginal perform? Train the house down style?
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2062 on: July 01, 2016, 11:19:41 PM »
TRADE.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2063 on: July 01, 2016, 11:32:02 PM »
On this we can agree. Massively overrated is old Unforced Edwards aka Fumbles McShank aka Miss Tackle....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2064 on: July 01, 2016, 11:34:08 PM »
Had a shocker tonight, usually has clean hands but fumbled and when he did lay it off to someone it was a hospital handball or kick resulting in a turnover. In addition his awareness of the goals is very poor, should be more dangerous around goal than he is but continually misses what a class player would nail on most occasions. Agree he should be traded and could be a valuable pick up to a top 4 team who with a bigger spread of class players around him would make him a better player. Seems to have gone backwards this season although he has alot of friends there.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #2065 on: July 02, 2016, 12:00:01 AM »
On this we can agree. Massively overrated is old Unforced Edwards aka Fumbles McShank aka Miss Tackle....
:lol :rollin
Miss Tackle.  :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2066 on: July 02, 2016, 12:07:55 AM »

Disagree, he'll be 28 by years end.

He's got another 3-5 years in him at least. If blokes like Goddard and Dal Santo can attract interest and good picks then I think Edwards can - however I note that he's not the same calibre of player.

If we decide to trade him he will attract plenty of attention IMO. However I'd be happy to keep him myself and just play him as a small forward...
Lol are you seriously comparing  or lumping Edwards in to the same class as those two.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2067 on: July 02, 2016, 12:11:15 AM »
Lost count of the amount of times opposition sides just run through Edwards when coming out of our forward 50 or him & Grigg from a centre clearance....human speed humps.....
That is a great analogy.Very apt. In some ways Edwards has an excuse as a very small bloke but Grigg what is his excuse.
I have laid off Edwards for awhile now just to avoid the inevitable slanging matches but not a lot has really changed  over the years.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #2068 on: July 02, 2016, 12:20:39 AM »
Trade

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2069 on: July 02, 2016, 02:24:08 PM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI