Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 271119 times)

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #2100 on: July 18, 2016, 01:29:28 PM »
Stood up for Edwards a lot in previous years but he's really not doing enough atm.

Used to consider him a barometer for our club but currently I'd be happy to fish him around as trade bait...

Can't fish a player around who is not up to the level & has no consistency. l sad to say he is at the end of his career. A 10 year player who gave 1 year. He is on the chopping block & the club will axe him at the end of the season. They pushed better players like Matty Rogers out the door at 10 years

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2101 on: July 18, 2016, 02:10:34 PM »
Stood up for Edwards a lot in previous years but he's really not doing enough atm.

Used to consider him a barometer for our club but currently I'd be happy to fish him around as trade bait...

Can't fish a player around who is not up to the level & has no consistency. l sad to say he is at the end of his career. A 10 year player who gave 1 year. He is on the chopping block & the club will axe him at the end of the season. They pushed better players like Matty Rogers out the door at 10 years

He's not going to be delisted you
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:33:37 PM by one-eyed »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

tony_montana

« Reply #2102 on: July 18, 2016, 02:13:18 PM »
yep thtas just a stupid thing to say

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2103 on: July 18, 2016, 02:20:04 PM »

Lucky for us your not list manager. He often over runs the play & star jumps. Hardly dangerous in any form of the game. Tackles like Justin Berber. His opponent just does what he likes every week while Titch stays 10 metres away from him at the closet. His time is over. Let him go  :banghead   
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:34:07 PM by one-eyed »

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2104 on: July 18, 2016, 02:28:21 PM »
l expect a lot more from a player who has been in the system 10 years. Miles produces 10 times the amount of work effort. Stop making excuses for this under achiever. Young kid Rioli latches on tackles better than Titch. Serious he needs to go

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2105 on: July 18, 2016, 07:00:58 PM »
Trade! Trade! Trade!

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2106 on: July 18, 2016, 07:50:16 PM »

Lucky for us your not list manager. He often over runs the play & star jumps. Hardly dangerous in any form of the game. Tackles like Justin Berber. His opponent just does what he likes every week while Titch stays 10 metres away from him at the closet. His time is over. Let him go  :banghead

Youre kidding right? Delist him? He has trade value. You want to throw away a potentially decent draft pick?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:34:46 PM by one-eyed »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #2107 on: July 18, 2016, 07:55:42 PM »
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2108 on: July 18, 2016, 08:04:27 PM »

im forced to keep on saying it supporters defend mediocrity continually for god knows why. his game was average today that means  passable.that is my opinion.  ffs you would not want it drop away because then he becomes a fair dinkum liability. where is oe anyway im sure he can shed some light on those stats..
wont change my opinion of edwards either way. averge player at best whose only consistency is to go missing in games.

yes he has nice hands intight he wins his share of c/ps but at the end of the day he rarely ever does enough. 26yr old going on 27 150 plus games and we are still having debates about his worth.that initself sort of says it all imo.

Sort of sums it all up for me .
Very funny going back a few years and reading the changing opinions.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2109 on: July 18, 2016, 08:08:37 PM »
Wtf are you on about? Youre talking about axing Edwards instead of trading him for a decent pick (throwing away a pick). So whats that got to do with that post?  :huh
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2110 on: July 18, 2016, 08:15:32 PM »
Wtf are you on about? Youre talking about axing Edwards instead of trading him for a decent pick (throwing away a pick). So whats that got to do with that post?  :huh
My apologies offended one.
I bought up my quote from back then as it sums up still how i think now.  i will go and correct it for ya my teary eyed little friend. :whistle

By the way what gives you the idea im calling for axing him. I may have said that early on in his career but in recent years i have always thought him one we dont need and who would fetch us a decent pick.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:31:16 PM by the claw »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2111 on: July 18, 2016, 08:27:33 PM »
 :lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2112 on: July 18, 2016, 08:28:30 PM »
He is punt road's most successful indigenous project of the modern era.

Not only will he be staying but there will be a statue of him at the MCG in future years.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2113 on: July 18, 2016, 08:34:07 PM »
He is punt road's most successful indigenous project of the modern era.

Not only will he be staying but there will be a statue of him at the MCG in future years.
Thats freakin funny. Its funny because it really could happen that elite indiginous player Shane Edwards.Well he is elite to so many tiger supporters and thats all that matters.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2114 on: July 18, 2016, 08:39:54 PM »
My apologies offended one.
I bought up my quote from back then as it sums up still how i think now.  i will go and correct it for ya my teary eyed little friend. :whistle

By the way what gives you the idea im calling for axing him. I may have said that early on in his career but in recent years i have always thought him one we dont need and who would fetch us a decent pick.

I have already told you to stop quoting yourself, don't make me say it again or else