Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 271144 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #2145 on: August 28, 2016, 05:04:18 PM »
Well, who would have thought we would be back at this with Edwards then...
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2146 on: August 28, 2016, 05:20:29 PM »
Please. It's swings and roundabouts with every player :lol

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2147 on: August 28, 2016, 10:03:56 PM »
Shane the hack Edwards.back to normal until his next short period where he sucks all and sundry in.

For years i have been trying to work out what it is that i dislike the most and it wasnt until i saw a slo mo of him recently  that the penny dropped.
He never ever puts his body on the line (go watch for yourelves0 when going for a ball he does not body line it but regularly reaches in with his arms with his body well away from contact same goes for when he tackles.
HE HAS ONE REDEEMING FEATURE AND THAT JUST AINT ENOUGH.IT NEVER HAS BEEN.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2148 on: August 29, 2016, 03:48:23 AM »
Let's face it. WAT has a point.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2149 on: January 30, 2017, 07:57:38 PM »
Oldies but goodies: How your club's veterans are tracking

Dinny Navaratnam
afl.com.au
30 January 2017

Shane Edwards has had a full pre-season and looks set to match his career-best form after having injury problems last year. He spent a lot of time in the midfield in 2016 but with Dion Prestia and Josh Caddy traded in, expect to see more of Edwards' creativity up forward.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-29/oldies-but-goodies-how-your-clubs-veterans-are-tracking

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2150 on: January 31, 2017, 12:17:13 AM »
 :help

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2151 on: January 31, 2017, 12:44:26 AM »
What, you rather keep him in the middle? Please

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2152 on: January 31, 2017, 01:50:54 AM »
Rather not keep him at all. Also, are you serious??? How many times do we hear this crap about Edwards?? He has been touted as our best small forward since he joined the club but he rarely plays there.

"Rucks:

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2153 on: January 31, 2017, 11:07:29 AM »
Rather not keep him at all. Also, are you serious??? How many times do we hear this crap about Edwards?? He has been touted as our best small forward since he joined the club but he rarely plays there.

Which is why it's possibly a good thing he's going to spend more time there. I don't think he's going to reach great heights but if we finally leave him in the forward line he's going to have his best chance

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2154 on: January 31, 2017, 06:40:04 PM »

Which is why it's possibly a good thing he's going to spend more time there. I don't think he's going to reach great heights but if we finally leave him in the forward line he's going to have his best chance

Yes but we never do, that's what I am saying, every year it's the same, he is always talked about playing the forward role and he never does. It's been going on for years. I agree he needs to play there and be left there, lets hope this year he actually is. I mean how long did it take people to realise that Richo was more versatile in the wing.

"Rucks:

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2155 on: January 31, 2017, 06:54:45 PM »

Yes but we never do, that's what I am saying, every year it's the same, he is always talked about playing the forward role and he never does. It's been going on for years. I agree he needs to play there and be left there, lets hope this year he actually is. I mean how long did it take people to realise that Richo was more versatile in the wing.
The problem is that as a forward he doesn't kick enough goals or even provide enough goal assists. He also had the best clearance stats of any of our mids in 2015 which is why they were forced to play him more often than they wanted in the middle.
Last year his year ended in the preseason game when he injured the nerve plexus in his left arm in an innocuous incident. Even though he recovered well he lost all confidence and was next to useless for the year. I was hoping a trade to Adelaide for a second rounder would have happened but alas he is still with us. I hope he can improve from 2015 and take his game to a new level.
 :gotigers
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2156 on: February 02, 2017, 10:59:11 PM »
Oldies but goodies: How your club's veterans are tracking

Dinny Navaratnam
afl.com.au
30 January 2017

Shane Edwards has had a full pre-season and looks set to match his career-best form after having injury problems last year. He spent a lot of time in the midfield in 2016 but with Dion Prestia and Josh Caddy traded in, expect to see more of Edwards' creativity up forward.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-29/oldies-but-goodies-how-your-clubs-veterans-are-tracking
Has he grown a ticker yet freakin softie hack.10 yrs in and still the same.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2157 on: February 02, 2017, 11:20:24 PM »
What actually is his career best form and for how long did he sustain it?

4 weeks?
Caracella and Balmey.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2158 on: February 02, 2017, 11:24:09 PM »

4 weeks?
Dont ask me Magic talks him up he would know. Is he still around or is he another who just pops in now and then?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2159 on: February 03, 2017, 06:39:28 AM »

4 weeks?
Is he still around or is he another who just pops in now and then?

Bit like yourself Claw?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018