Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 271211 times)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #2670 on: April 18, 2022, 09:38:28 AM »
Lol , to think you will develop kids all at one time though the seniors without the protection of bigger bodies is deluded. The club is currently resting some kids as they want to manage their development

To criticise your club and players without knowing the role they played when they win is even more deluded.
Do other clubs have supporters who only see the negatives no matter what.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2671 on: April 18, 2022, 09:40:31 PM »
Lol , to think you will develop kids all at one time though the seniors without the protection of bigger bodies is deluded. The club is currently resting some kids as they want to manage their development

To criticise your club and players without knowing the role they played when they win is even more deluded.
Do other clubs have supporters who only see the negatives no matter what.

LOL talk about being deluded. On the one hand you say let them earn their spot and agree senior players aren't going so well. Then on the other hand when they actually play well while the seniors continue to stink it up you can't bring yourself to see a favorite get dropped.

WHAT KIDS am i asking to be played AND WHAT SENIORS ARE NOT THERE TO HELP.

Sheesh this week ive asked for Gibcus one of only two first yr players im asking to be played, bought back in on the back of solid games  after being rested for soreness.The amazing thing with this call is we go with our desired structure!!!.

Sonsie is the only other first yr player im asking to be picked. I want him icked on the back of a block of solid weeks in the two,s and i want him picked to help address what i would call a chronic skill shortage. Have you not been watching hacks like Castagna and Parker for starters.Sheesh mate get your head out of your arse and see the light.

Kids eh well heres one
Mansell nearly 22yrs in his third season has 13 games under his belt and playing really well in the magoos. What more do you want this kid to do.  on top of that we dont have such a good defensive small playing seniors. Our small defenders leave a fair bit to be desired when it comes to defending a player. third year 13 game player who is earning his spot.

Rcd a 22yr old  fourth year player with 9 games and doing all that is asked of him in the two's.

Miller in yr 5 22 yr old and his games this year have been servicable.

Syd Stack another 22yr old with 33 games in his 4th season with great form.

Ralphsmith a third year player turns 21 this year and has 10 games . maybe he is one who can be replaced but they are getting games into him and i hope they continue to do so.

Dow sheesh he looks pretty handy and you want him to rot in the two's. fmd a 21 yr old in yr three how long do want to wait before we play these blokes.

Its delusional to think that we are throwing them in with out a lot of experience around them totally delusional.

This week alone the following say hello, Riewoldt 33  who should be dropped on that performance, Edwards 33 who also gave sweet stuff all, Cotchin 32 , Prestia 29, Broad  29, 33 yr old Tarrant, Aarts 27, Castagna 25, Baker 24, Graham 25, Nankervis 27, Parker 26, Pickett 30, Rioli 25, Vlastuin 28,
Thats a shedload of experience to go with just two first year players. and 4 or 5 21 22yr olds  in yr three plus.

Just admit it your just looking for reasons not to play the younger blokes when blind fred can see it is past time we did so.

No one is asking for a shed load of first year players to get a go that your idiotic perception. we are asking that kids who have been in the system for 3 or 4 years now get games after showing a bit.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2672 on: April 19, 2022, 11:40:24 AM »
Lol , you don’t know a lot about how to rebuild a side! You think you should drop half the side and expect to be competitive , If you have been involved with successful transitions as history will tell you it has always involved introducing players on the drip throughout the season. See Sydney as an example
You certainly have trouble with people disagreeing with you as your constant disputes with so many prove, we can agree to disagree  without the carry on you know!
We also don’t  get the constant sheeting on our own , it something the position supporters do.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2673 on: April 24, 2022, 10:23:14 PM »
Totally invisible tonight apart from the stuff ups. Cmon tiges its time to get games into others.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2674 on: April 24, 2022, 10:25:09 PM »
One of the rare times I agree with Claw.

Time for a Edwards to be dropped.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2675 on: April 24, 2022, 10:27:11 PM »
Love Shedda. Absolute champion of the club and hope they can manage him through another 10 games or whatever he needs to get to 300 but he shouldn’t be in the team next week. They can call it managed, rested, whatever but time to give him a spell.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2676 on: April 24, 2022, 10:27:46 PM »
One of the rare times I agree with Claw.

Time for a Edwards to be dropped.

Rested

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2677 on: April 24, 2022, 10:34:50 PM »
Love Shedda. Absolute champion of the club and hope they can manage him through another 10 games or whatever he needs to get to 300 but he shouldn’t be in the team next week. They can call it managed, rested, whatever but time to give him a spell.

13 to go.

Not sure he should get there myself

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #2678 on: April 24, 2022, 10:39:20 PM »
I love Shed. Picked him out as a gun when we drafted him and copped it for years at the pub pre game every week.

The big question is how can we handle it better than how the Hawks have with their ageing stars. I'd like him sent off properly, but also don't want him getting 4 touches a week till end of the year.
Go Tigers!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2679 on: April 24, 2022, 10:48:43 PM »
I love Shed. Picked him out as a gun when we drafted him and copped it for years at the pub pre game every week.

The big question is how can we handle it better than how the Hawks have with their ageing stars. I'd like him sent off properly, but also don't want him getting 4 touches a week till end of the year.

the real answer to that is he will do a Grigga and give the opportunity to a younger bloke. If he is kidding himself then all it does is make it hard on those who have to make the decisions. Personally i thought him superfluous to needs in 2020.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2680 on: April 24, 2022, 10:55:24 PM »
Don't think he has been as terrible this year as some say but tonight was his worst game in 6 years. A. champion of our club but games like this are not açcceptable. I won't write him off on the basis of one game but he maybe showing the passage of time.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2681 on: April 24, 2022, 10:55:43 PM »

the real answer to that is he will do a Grigga and give the opportunity to a younger bloke. If he is kidding himself then all it does is make it hard on those who have to make the decisions. Personally i thought him superfluous to needs in 2020.

Was a bit different in Griggs case as he couldn’t overcome injury. In sheddas case it’s form related.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2682 on: April 25, 2022, 06:54:42 AM »
Dimma was asked about Sheds after the game:

"He's fit. It's just unfortunately our method of offence today didn't bring the ball to him. He plays a pretty specific role in how we want to go about it. We certainly know he can play better. Ideally we'd like to get the ball in his hands. Every time he touches it usually something good happens. He's probably a bit reflective of us at the moment. The inconsistency of performances probably relates to the team hurting Shane. So he's a good player. Hopefully, he bounces back next week versus the Eagles."

Source: RFC video

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2683 on: April 25, 2022, 02:27:31 PM »
It was his non effort to chase that peed me off. If Jack Graham is able to burst past you then you’re not putting in the required effort.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2684 on: April 25, 2022, 11:34:36 PM »
Footy Classified put up Sheds' stats comparing this year to last year.

SHANE ON THE WANE

2021    2022
AFL Ratings Pts           12.4      9.0*
Disposals                    18.4    13.7
Clearances                    3.0      2.2   
Score Involvements       4.7      4.0
Tackles                         2.3      1.7*

* Career low

Matty Lloyd: 'I saw Edwards in the same light as Shaun Burgoyne. He would be the one they would turn to to get them out of trouble. Shane's decline has come sooner than anyone and this will be his last year. He reflects the team's decline.'