Author Topic: Ricky Petterd placed on the long-term injury list  (Read 1715 times)

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ricky Petterd placed on the long-term injury list
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 03:28:30 AM »
Guys all I will say is that if Thomas is in our best 22 and gets promoted again we a going no were as a club and our list is in deep trouble.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 07:43:46 AM »
Claw, it very much seems that you apply different standards to Thomas than any other player.

As i said, arnott constantly gets mentions in best and basic stats ( incl cp) while Thomas doesnt.

Thomas is not going to get an better, Arnott may do so.

Thomas is not the future, Arnott still could be
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 01:43:54 PM »
Agree with Al. Arnot definitely has more upside. No one doubts that Thomas can win the hard ball but his deficiencies are too great. He is too slow and his disposal is not up to it. Have never replaced Tuck which is a glaring weakness in this side.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 03:05:29 PM »
Yeah I don't really see how the "glass half full" approach doesn't apply to Thomas

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2015, 05:07:42 PM »
No need to upgrade anyone imo..  save the dollars, as neither Arnot or Thomas are up to it at present.. There are other players i'd play prior to these 2.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2015, 05:57:53 PM »
You get to upgrade another player in the second half of the season as well right? I say we upgrade the biscuit now so we don't get belted in the middle. It might be worth playing Arnot and Milo as the extractors and perhaps let Cotchin play outside a bit more because he seems a bit out of sorts

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 05:58:41 PM »
Claw, it very much seems that you apply different standards to Thomas than any other player.

As i said, arnott constantly gets mentions in best and basic stats ( incl cp) while Thomas doesnt.

Thomas is not going to get an better, Arnott may do so.

Thomas is not the future, Arnott still could be
arnott should get mentions in the vfl hes always playing there.  thomas played 13 afl games. was named emg twice,   missed 3 games with injury and was suspended once thats what 19 odd  games. of course arnot is going to get mentions when thomas doesnt.

not different standards at all.
id like an upgrade on thomas ive stated his weaknesses just as much as the next poster. slow and disposal are the two. i can live with the pace issue to a point. a lot of inside players are not blessed with pace. i struggle with the turnovers but i can live with em as long as the below stays where it is.

as a big bodied  inside mid hes actually performed a half decent role at afl level. hes also kicked arse in state leagues winning no blitzing the magary medal two yrs ago.
last yr at afl.
ave of 20 disposals a game equal 6th at the club, ave 9.3 c/ps 3rd at the club, ave close to 4 clearances top 3 , and  ave over 6 tackles #1 at the club says hes performed as an inside player at afl level for us. if these areas can stay the same or god forbid even keep tracking up then i can live with his lack of pace and the odd turnover. that is the teams problem.

im not sure what you lot want from an inside mid but what thomas gave us last yr is pretty close to what i want.
we all know hes not perfect but there are one or two types call em glass half fulls if you like that you can carry.
i was just as critical of tuck and his weaknesses but i mostly backed him in to play because of the things he did bring to the team.i was always hoping we would look to uipgrade him. its similar with thomas.in fact similar type  similar player similar weaknesses.

on arnot i dont see it i dont believe he will make it and i dont think we should have rookied him after cutting him from the list. if he performs at vfl sure give him a game but imo on performances over the last two yrs hes a mile behind thomas.

do i want an upgrade on thomas of course. give me a bloke who has a bit more pace who can kick iit really well, and finds just a little more ball. trouble with that is, every body is looking for that player.

me id take what he gives us over several who get a regular game yet alone arnot whos done stuff all even at vfl.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 12:59:37 PM by the claw »