Author Topic: Pick 2: Cotchin or C.Morton?  (Read 8344 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Pick 2: Cotchin or C.Morton?
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2007, 10:33:31 PM »
Do the delistings today give any more clues as to who we'll select with pick 2? We've delisted so far 3 smalls/mids, 1 utility, 3 talls and a ruckman.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Other clubs say the Tigers would be mad not to go for Cotchin (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2007, 05:12:19 AM »
Herald-Sun and Greg Swann both expect us to select Cotchin

-----------------------------------
Ticking all the right boxes
17 November 2007   Herald Sun
Daryl Timms

One of those was Kreuzer's teammate Trent Cotchin. Cotchin broke an ankle during the TAC finals, but will be taken very early in the draft.

West Coast would want him with the No. 3 pick it received from Carlton as part of the Chris Judd swap, but Richmond is expected to take him with the No. 2 selection.

Richmond said it would be wrong to assume that just because it secured Mitch Morton from West Coast during the trade period that it would choose his younger brother Cale, who won the Larke Medal for the best player at the national under-18 championships this year.

Other clubs say the Tigers would be mad not to go for Cotchin, a talented midfielder, leaving Morton for the Eagles.

Link.

IT'S come down to a sexy choice between Matthew Kreuzer and Trent Cotchin.

Carlton chief executive Greg Swann confirmed last night it was a race in two for the No. 1 national draft position.

"Someone used the analogy that it's Megan Gale versus Jennifer Hawkins -- and you wouldn't mind if you got No. 1 or No. 2," he said.

Swann said he would be surprised if both Cotchin and Kreuzer weren't up to playing in Round 1 next year.

Swann described Cotchin as a "classic midfielder" ...

Link

Ramps

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2007, 10:59:58 AM »
I think we are right in the box seat, Cotchins old man doesnt want his boy at the eagles and one of the Mortons is already at Richmond. Whoever we pick, we will have a good chance at picking up the other one 2 years down the track. Whilst I have been on the Morton bandwagon, I get the feeling that Cotchin will be the one selected by us.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2007, 11:41:05 AM »
I think we are right in the box seat, Cotchins old man doesnt want his boy at the eagles and one of the Mortons is already at Richmond. Whoever we pick, we will have a good chance at picking up the other one 2 years down the track. Whilst I have been on the Morton bandwagon, I get the feeling that Cotchin will be the one selected by us.

im the reverse, am on the cotchin bandwagon but feel that morton will be selected lol

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2007, 12:37:44 PM »
Save Cotchin from West Coast.

Ramps

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2007, 01:13:39 PM »
Save Danny Meyer  ;D

Save Richmond!

:clapping :clapping :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2007, 02:55:16 PM »
im the reverse, am on the cotchin bandwagon but feel that morton will be selected lol
Same here bluey. Morton is the type Plough and Miller like  :-\ even though basically every other club has said Cotchin would be their choice after Kreuzer.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2007, 05:21:31 PM »
cotchin boys all the way. He is a ready made midfielder

morton we may just pick up in a few years
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

blx

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2007, 06:29:27 PM »

hows that?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2007, 04:54:04 AM »
Age's Emma Quayle's view of Cotchin and Cale Morton:

1. Trent Cotchin

(Northern Knights. 17, 185cm, 80kg) Of all the players I've seen this season, Cotchin is the one who most screams: "star".

He has skills on both sides of his body, speed, and he's a real ducker and weaver (think Gary Ablett junior) who can kick goals and exert huge infl uence on how a game turns out.

Some have questioned his endurance, but Vo2max testing shows he has the capacity to run hard enough to play as a true onballer.

At 17, he's only just eligible for this year's draft but extremely driven.

What nudges him ahead of Matthew Kreuzer, Cale Morton and David Myers is the fact it is slightly clearer where he will play and what sort of player he'll be.

3. Cale Morton

(Claremont. 17, 192cm, 79kg)  Plenty of clubs would take the third Morton brother if they had the No. 1 pick.

Others dropped away after his fi nals series, where he was subjected to some close opposition attention.

Morton boasts elite skills, especially for his size, and his running power.

He's a true utility and he has all the attributes to thrive in today's precise, uncontested game.

Link.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2007, 04:58:12 AM »
The Sunday Herald-Sun has us taking Cotchin with the Dees getting Cale Morton.

CARLTON will confirm at a meeting of club staff and board members that it will take Matthew Kreuzer at pick one, but will not publicly announce its decision until draft day.

HIGHLY rated youngster Cale Morton, touted as West Coast's replacement for Chris Judd at pick three, is likely to slip down to Melbourne at pick four.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22776680%255E19742,00.html

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2007, 09:52:40 AM »
The Sunday Herald-Sun has us taking Cotchin with the Dees getting Cale Morton.

CARLTON will confirm at a meeting of club staff and board members that it will take Matthew Kreuzer at pick one, but will not publicly announce its decision until draft day.

HIGHLY rated youngster Cale Morton, touted as West Coast's replacement for Chris Judd at pick three, is likely to slip down to Melbourne at pick four.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22776680%255E19742,00.html

That'd work well, all three Morton's in Melbourne, we get Cotchin, everyone's happy.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2007, 11:08:41 AM »
after reading emma quayle's article i'm relieved that i'm not the only one who rates cotchin ahead of kreuzer. saying that if both were available the kreuze would still be the one i take due to the fact he is a ruckman which is the position we need the most depth in

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2007, 11:31:21 AM »

hows that?

maybe a bit enthusiastic on my part but i meant to say is perhaps down the track he may want to come to punt road because his brother is already here.

who knows
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2007, 11:38:59 AM »

hows that?

maybe a bit enthusiastic on my part but i meant to say is perhaps down the track he may want to come to punt road because his brother is already here.

who knows

then you could make the same case for him going to hawthorn