Author Topic: Francis Jackson  (Read 10525 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Francis Jackson
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2014, 09:25:13 PM »
God, I hated Hughes

Big girls blouse

Good ol' Clean Knees.

Cut an impressive sight on the training paddock

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2014, 07:48:36 PM »
So let's get this straight, we headhut a player manager out of a company he has shares in, who has dealt with player contracts from a player manager side for many years, to employ him in a position that he has never done before and that's list management...
Are you sure he wasn't employed to do the very thing he was doing at ESP, only on club side of things?
Now I'm not saying nobody else has a say in player contracts at the club but Dan's name is on every contract and it's been that way since he walked in the door.
Next we will be  employing Paul Roos to be our accountant.  :thumbsup

Funny I thought Dan's job was head of the footy dept. You know the bloke who runs and oversees all areas of the footy dept. last time I checked that was his job. Actually I am sure that is how he explained it at pre-match function earlier this year, player contracts were only a part of his role. You'd hope the man himself would know

His name and sig maybe on every contract but he doesn't mean he negotiates every contract. That's been my point all along and still is. And I base that view on what I've been reliably told.

As I said: agree to disagree
Agree to disagree  :thumbsup

What do people think FJ would be on at Richmond? ($) Interested to hear what people think..

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2014, 08:07:50 PM »
Has anyone else fully absorbed the fact FJ was endorsed after his stellar work in the 2005 draft?

Someone please help us.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2014, 11:26:12 AM »
Has anyone else fully absorbed the fact FJ was endorsed after his stellar work in the 2005 draft?

Someone please help us.
yep just go back one page.
i keep on telling people we cant blame miller for jon he was a jackson pick, the defenders for what ever reason have  just gotta defend.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2014, 12:41:54 PM »
i keep on telling people we cant blame miller for jon he was a jackson pick, the defenders for what ever reason have  just gotta defend.

Just to be clear your view based on what you were told is that he was a Jackson pick. And you rightly trust those who told you that

But...

I will defend him on this because Jon was not a Jackson pick, that view comes from what I've been told by 3 separate people who I trust.

So it isn't about defending for the sake of defending. It's about backing people I trust and their collective word. Massive difference, massive
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2014, 07:45:59 PM »

Just to be clear your view based on what you were told is that he was a Jackson pick. And you rightly trust those who told you that

But...

I will defend him on this because Jon was not a Jackson pick, that view comes from what I've been told by 3 separate people who I trust.

So it isn't about defending for the sake of defending. It's about backing people I trust and their collective word. Massive difference, massive
oh im very clear jon was a jackson pick. but the buck stopped with miller.
as i said you cant get better than a person on the actual draft table to let you know what went on. not sure about your contacts but id back that in every day of the week.

when miller says jackson was instrumental in our draft choices, i take it  hes to be ignored. just lying.

as i said once before, this absolving jackson of any sort of blame for the 2005 draft is absolute nonsense. both are guilty and both need to share the blame. ffs jackson got a full time gig on the back of his work in the 2005 draft.

you know miller had a good excuse for getting things wrong he was doing 20000 different jobs and couldnt even get to look at juniors,  whats jacksons excuse for consistently getting it wrong.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2014, 08:07:18 PM »
as i said you cant get better than a person on the actual draft table to let you know what went on. not sure about your contacts but id back that in every day of the week.

And I will back the 3 people who told me about it every day of the week as well. Super reliable in so many ways  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2014, 08:45:44 PM »
I'm still confused to as who is right and who is wrong

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2014, 08:51:25 PM »
Its seems one must be talkin' the schizen

Wp is in fairyfloss land whereas claw is a unique kettle of ffish

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2014, 09:27:57 PM »

But...

when miller says jackson was instrumental in our draft choices, i take it  hes to be ignored. just lying.

as i said once before, this absolving jackson of any sort of blame for the 2005 draft is absolute nonsense. both are guilty and both need to share the blame. ffs jackson got a full time gig on the back of his work in the 2005 draft.

you know miller had a good excuse for getting things wrong he was doing 20000 different jobs and couldnt even get to look at juniors,  whats jacksons excuse for consistently getting it wrong.
Our trusty RFC insider thinks he was only full time in 2009. Stop blaming poor old FJ.  :lol

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2014, 12:29:19 AM »

And I will back the 3 people who told me about it every day of the week as well. Super reliable in so many ways  ;D

Pleased you a few times Willy?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2014, 09:08:32 PM »
full time since 2009. no worries.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/joke-is-now-on-opponents-as-richmond-transform-laughable-recruiting-record-into-enviable-one/story-e6frf3e3-1226648176368

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmonds-change-of-recruiting-philosophy-drives-change-of-fortunes-at-punt-rd/story-fni5f9jb-1226782710641

2005/2006 is how i always remembered it and part time before. He learnt from the best in Miller no wonder he is that good at his job.
both articles full of spin and hype.
how anyone can call
vickery pick 8. 6 yrs in, a success gotta be kidding. i suppose one barely  decent yr in 6 makes him a success.
jon pick 8  05 utter failure.
griffiths pick 19 09 5yrs in. hes been ordinary.even his best yr this yr was average at best.young tall it may be hes just taking a bit of time to get there but no way you can call him a success.
conca pick 6 2010. four yrs in and fair dinkum he looks nothing more than average at pick 6 ffs. almost a failed pick when you consider what was overlooked.
ellis pick 15 hes a very good uncontested player but lousy when it comes to the other side of things.
vlastuin pick 9 i like him a lot but ffs hes coming off the 2nd yr blues.how any one can call him a success is beyond me.may be we wait until he actually proves himself.
lennon pick 12  too early has skill but has weaknesses that are a concern. surely they arent claiming him a success just yet.
just how good has his jacksons first round picks been.imo no where near as good as the club and the journos make out certainly not the above ones anyway.
fair dinkum the only two picks im prepard to give him any credit for are riewoldt at 13 and rance at 18.

he couldnt get cotchin and martin wrong at 2 and 3.at least with these two he had enough sense to take what certainly appeared to be the best players available at these picks.

why does the club thru the  media always have to put the best possible spin on things. ffs jacksons record is not good so why dont they just shut up rather than try and con us supporters all the time.
it concerns me that rather than see a problem, and there is a big problem,  they defend what they shouldnt thru the media. it almost head in sand stuff.

yes francis is better than the last bloke we had but hes way short of what we need.you only need look at his overall record over the last 10 yrs.
10 yrs and the best we have become is a middling team.

the above is reasonable. it is nothing great like it being reported.  surely we are looking to do  better.excellence is what we are after here not just okay.
couple the above with the rest of his nd picks 2nd 3rd 4th rounds etc, his rookie picks and imo its a fail.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 11:37:49 AM by the claw »

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2014, 10:06:19 PM »
Interesting, who's the best recruiter ever and have they picked anyone who wasnt considered successful , how does there record compare against Sir Francis Jackson ?

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2014, 10:09:43 PM »
All very insightful. So why don't we identify the most skillful list manager out there and throw them a big wad of sweaty $ to come to RFC and start building a real list? Plus i'm picking that would be outside any salary cap And it is an area we really need to address.