Author Topic: Fevola [merged]  (Read 44612 times)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Fevola & Carlton - AFL Angels
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2009, 10:03:17 AM »
We were discussing this over the kitchen table this morning. We have someone in the family who has experienced alcoholism first hand living with an alcholic a long time ago. We came to the conclusion that Fev is one. Sure he can go without grog for 6 to 9 months while the footy season is on but that's not unusual for an alcoholic either or any addictive person for that matter. Just as Cuz will always be a drug addict even though he's been clean for 12 months, Fev like any alcoholic as soon as they have a drink even just one beer they simply cannot stop. Fev simply cannot drink ever again if he truly wants to control his behaviour.

I agree Fev shouldn't drink again ever.  There should be a horses for courses policy on measures taken.  Some people like Fev are genuine alcoholics, some like the OX are genuine gamblers.  There were rumours about Justin Peckett and alcohol too.  But some guys like Hurley might be just young and stupid once, lets not drop a tonne of bricks on him for being young and foolish.

Cousins is a case in point he still has a serious problem and the remedy for Cousins will be partly of Ben's own making, part social pressure, part the authorities.  Hopefully he stays of the dope for the rest of his life.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2009, 09:39:53 PM »

My point WillyP, is that Responsible Serving of Alcohol IS part of the law and I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up on a bigger stage because it's entirely relevant to the way that Fev ended up that night drinking in the one establishment.  They know that the man is a "goose", and that's why the legislation is there.  To try to stop effwits who can't control their wants, or control the wants that have been eroded by alcohol, and think they should have more to be legally able refuse patrons further drinks.  Fev is smack bang in that category. 
Would it have made a difference if they did?  Probably not.  Someone else would have got him a beer most likely and the shenanigans would have continued, but it's still relevant.  Would you get away with acting like that at Crown??  Highly doubt it.  They would have you out the door on your behind.

I understand that there is a law in place and why it is in place. I see that law being there to protect those who don't normally get smashed for the sake of it.

But part of my problem with the law as it stands is that it in part takes the onus off the gooses of this world to act responsibly - it seems to create an out clause whether it be intentional or not.

Whos fault is it that he had to get himself smashed in the first place...yet again. We are not talking about someone who has never done this before we are talking about a repeat offender who should have known better

Fev needs to be made accountable for his actions and take repsonsilbility for them. His sob story interview with HUN on Friday or whenever it was; was just absolute crap.

Interestingly, I read over the weekend that Crown is indeed being investigated over this whole Fev fiasco

I just believe there is a need to get the balance right and I just see balance these days so out of whack with the whole concept of individuals taking responsibilty for their actions and decisions. As a result as I said I find myself going like this  :banghead so often because I was brought up to believe that people are responsible for their decisions, choices and ultimately their actions. Simple really  :thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2009, 10:44:53 PM »
Fev will never have to take responsiblity for his actions while Carlton continue to tolerate his behaviour. They took out of his new contract the behaviourial clause that was in his old contract.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Fevola's future decided today (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2009, 03:50:25 AM »
Blue forward Brendan Fevola's future decided today
Damian Barrett
Herald Sun September 28, 2009

BRENDAN Fevola's future at Carlton will be determined in a meeting with club president Stephen Kernahan today.

A week after his alcohol-fuelled Brownlow Medal night carnage, Fevola has been asked to address his behaviour and prove to Kernahan why he should be retained on the Blues' list.

Fevola's latest drunken incident has angered senior Carlton officials and players, particularly and most significantly captain Chris Judd.

Judd and some Carlton directors may join Kernahan in the Fevola meeting.

Full story:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/blue-forward-brendan-fevolas-future-decided-today/story-e6frf8w6-1225780206292

bushranger

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2009, 07:18:23 AM »
Fevola is a law to his own.
But as said here already he will never admit to him having a problem.
I see him as a good footballer but a lousy person.
To that if they delist him he deserves what he get's.
And if delisted I would like to see us chase him at a reduced price.
And let Hardwick run the bull crap out of him till he understands that it just isn't on.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2009, 08:54:29 AM »
There is no way we should chance Fevola, not even for free
He's too old, we need to grow our own

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2009, 09:07:41 AM »

With you there man - and Carlton will NOT win a flag with Fev in the side, if I was them I would cut him lose. See what they could get in a trade and have another 1 and 1/2 options up forward insted of Fev, (If you get what I mean)  ???

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2009, 09:21:37 AM »

I thought the same thing initially Infamy but i have had second thoughts.
I was against us picking up Cousins but what a revelation he has turned out to be.
Maybe Jack and others could learn a lot from having him in the forward line, He would be looked up to similar to Cousins as long as he stayed off the drink, and not hard for the team to put a no drinking clause in his contract.
At very least it would take the pressure off Jack to be the only leading forward if Richo isnt there and if he is it leaves Jack with the third best defender.

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2009, 10:22:25 AM »

I thought the same thing initially Infamy but i have had second thoughts.
I was against us picking up Cousins but what a revelation he has turned out to be.

There's a great deal of difference between Ben and Fev.
Ben has acknowledged he has a problem.
Ben is more intelligent.
Ben realised what he had lost and changed his ways.
Ben had support.
Ben's current Club have picked up the ball and provided the environment he needs.

Carltank won't cut Fev loose, they don't have the bottle.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

bushranger

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2009, 10:33:15 AM »
I like the last part of the above statemant that Carlton don't have the bottle.
Would that be the bottle of grog Fev needs to continue  :whistle  :lol?

Jackstar is back

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2009, 11:04:16 AM »
Fev to get the flick today ;)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Fevola's future decided today (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2009, 11:49:02 AM »
Blue forward Brendan Fevola's future decided today
Damian Barrett
Herald Sun September 28, 2009

BRENDAN Fevola's future at Carlton will be determined in a meeting with club president Stephen Kernahan today.

A week after his alcohol-fuelled Brownlow Medal night carnage, Fevola has been asked to address his behaviour and prove to Kernahan why he should be retained on the Blues' list.

Fevola's latest drunken incident has angered senior Carlton officials and players, particularly and most significantly captain Chris Judd.

Judd and some Carlton directors may join Kernahan in the Fevola meeting.

Full story:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/blue-forward-brendan-fevolas-future-decided-today/story-e6frf8w6-1225780206292

Bla bla, bla, bla.... This is a typical response form the Blues on behalf of the AFL and it will lead to nothing more than a slap on the wrist as it always has with Fev.

It's a mockery he should be sacked!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2009, 12:15:09 PM »
I wonder how close Fev was to taking a swing at Hird if James didn't play it cool.
Dunno about that, he doesn't appear to be a violent drunk, just a complete moron

I reckon he looks the type that would snap at any moment.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2009, 12:19:01 PM »
I agree Fev shouldn't drink again ever.

:whistle

Carlton forward Brendan Fevola giving up alcohol
April 02, 2008 11:00am

BRENDAN Fevola has imposed a career-long alcohol ban on himself  :lol in a bid to stabilise his life and future at Carlton.

A day after Wayne Carey's tell-all about his drug and alcohol abuse, it has been revealed Fevola has started professional counselling to deal with his highly-publicised alcohol issues.

He is also addressing, to a lesser extent, a gambling "hobby".

In a major step forward, Fevola has told confidantes he will not drink throughout the football season and not join end-of-season football trips.

It means, at 27, the $500,000-a-season forward is likely to be off alcohol for the next five years.  :lol :lol :lol

Blues chief executive Greg Swann yesterday said he was aware of Fevola's decision to ban the demon drink.

"It's what Brendan has told people but the proof will be in the pudding. The proof will be in his actions" Swann said.

After his latest indiscretion - being caught urinating on a Prahran bar window at 4am on March 16 - the Blues warned Fevola that another alcohol-related incident would mean instant dismissal.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,,23471941-5005401,00.html
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2009, 12:42:54 PM »
According to SEN who have people sniffing around there's no news or action as yet. They don't even know where the meeting will take place.

Most likely garbage but a rumour doing the rounds on SEN is that Fev will head to Sydney for the Swans first pick plus Ryan O'Keefe.