Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 300391 times)

the claw

Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #1035 on: August 18, 2014, 10:44:51 PM »
was gunna but wont. not sold on his game or how good hes been the last 8 10 weeks.  alli will say is i still think hes a one way player who rarely gets down and dirty.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1036 on: August 19, 2014, 06:52:14 AM »
was gunna but wont. not sold on his game or how good hes been the last 8 10 weeks.  alli will say is i still think hes a one way player who rarely gets down and dirty.

Have you been watching the last 3-4 weeks in particular?

What you've said has been my biggest knock him as well, not attacking contest often enough

But and credit where credit is due it has been the biggest single improvement in his game over the last month - easily

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1037 on: August 19, 2014, 07:01:44 AM »
Last month? WP and claw you both are dillusional. He goes in harder than lids don't worry about that.

The guy has been sensational the last 8-12 weeks.

From the games I see he is an absolute gem who has played all of 50 games. Go look at your other hacks you defend before this bloke

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1038 on: August 19, 2014, 11:16:17 AM »
Last month? WP and claw you both are dillusional. He goes in harder than lids don't worry about that.

Angus, I really wish you would take the time to read all of my comments and then actually try and comprehend it rather than taking a few words and then have your normal whack (read insult) if someone doesn't agree with you

So here it is again in full:

Have you been watching the last 3-4 weeks in particular?

What you've said has been my biggest knock him as well, not attacking contest often enough

But and credit where credit is due it has been the biggest single improvement in his game over the last month - easily

Now I will break it down further for you

I think his last 4 weeks have been the best footy he has played for the club. Clear?

Claw said "i still think hes a one way player who rarely gets down and dirty". I clearly have stated above that I don't agree with that and that the last month in particular proves that. Clear?

I also said that my biggest knock on him has been not attacking contest enough. I think I have given plenty examples over time to highlight what I mean. Now you obviously don't agree with that and that's your right but at no time have called you dillusional for holding that view. But I am entitled to voice my opinion the other way which I have tried to concisely without insults. Clear?

Finally I said that his attack on the contest "has been the biggest single improvement in his game over the last month - easily". Others may think it is gut running, his kicking longer or his running both ways but IMHO it's been his attack on the contest because that again IMESHO was his biggest weakness. Clear?

I know it doesn't suit your purpose Angus but I was actually defending the kid.

Why? Because I think his last month or so has been his best this season and probably in his career because his game has become more than just being about the number of possessions he gets. Again just my opinion/take. 

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #1039 on: August 19, 2014, 11:22:22 AM »
After a horror start to the season, has clearly gone to another level the past couple of months. Anybody who wont admit it are just doing so bc they dont like to admit they got it wrong

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1040 on: August 19, 2014, 11:55:38 AM »
one way player
Dimma has been praising his two-way running a lot lately.

Rampstar

« Reply #1041 on: August 19, 2014, 01:16:36 PM »
Robbo is telling opposition clubs to tag Ellis ....

7. WHY NO TAG ON ELLIS?
Adelaide is not alone in letting Ellis run free because he seems to escape the attention from all clubs. His possessions in the past eight games read 31, 28, 34, 27, 29, 32, 36 and 35. Deledio has gone forward so a backman can take care of him, Cotchin still gets close attention, Miles is in and under, so who else is left. Ellis needs a tag pronto. At 21 and after 62 games, he looms as a Richmond’s equivalent to Sydney’s Dan Hannebery.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/check-out-mark-robinsons-likes-and-dislikes-from-round-21-plus-the-tweets-of-the-week/story-fndv7pj3-1227027657780

What a fat-arsed, sooky lagging dog.
LMAO idiot!
So deluded he thinks his general observations alert the sporting world of things that would otherwise have gone unnoticed.
FAT pooMAN!

Ellis has been going well and deserves a new name.(Ellis DeGeneres)
I shall refer to him from now, as "Lester"
:lol :clapping :clapping :clapping

I actually agree  :clapping

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1042 on: August 19, 2014, 07:37:41 PM »

From the games I see he is an absolute gem who has played all of 50 games. Go look at your other hacks you defend before this bloke

You're delusional if you think he has been getting down and dirty for the past 8-12 weeks. Yes his game got better but only the past 4-5 weeks has he started going in hard at the required times.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1043 on: August 19, 2014, 08:03:53 PM »

You're delusional if you think he has been getting down and dirty for the past 8-12 weeks. Yes his game got better but only the past 4-5 weeks has he started going in hard at the required times.

Yep past a month ago he was shirking contests

Full credit to him for his last few games, has been going mighty fine indeed

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1044 on: August 19, 2014, 09:26:18 PM »
shirking contests is a bit different to trade bait as some suggested and no i am not going to back and find posts.

WP you have been banging on about ellis for some time now. Ive heard the lot from a few posters re" ellis Not enough gut running, his head is too big due to the marketing gig the club inflicted on him etc etc
Think you need to cool the jets and admit Ellis has improved every year since he was drafted. This year is no different, albeit with a slower start along with 20 of his mates.

yeahright did i didnt say he gets "down and dirty". What i said he he does more than the likes of Lids has and he has played 150 more games and is a far more accomplished player.

Maybe he isnt the Jake king type of player who goes in hard at all times but give me Ellis any day who never stops running and is a very nice kick,  than a Conca, Petterd or a King.

You will be hard pressed to find a better 50 games outside of lids, cotch and dustty than what ellis has dished up.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1045 on: August 20, 2014, 10:25:39 AM »
I don't think there's anything Wong with being trade bait

Is it a compliment, Ellis would be worth alot

Generally you have to give something to gt something

the claw

« Reply #1046 on: August 20, 2014, 08:49:53 PM »

:o :o :o :o :o :o well ill be you do have an idea about this concept. wouldnt know it to read most of your posts.

and to others yes hes played better but i havent really seen anything that will suggest hes going to always go when its required. found a lot of ball lately and thats great but theres more to the game than getting your hands on the ball.  soft as butter as far as im concerned  and a month of decent footy doing what is expected of all players wont suddenly change that opinion.
as i said im not sold on this bloke and cant help but think he will revert back to squibbing it.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1047 on: August 20, 2014, 09:54:43 PM »

:o :o :o :o :o :o well ill be you do have an idea about this concept. wouldnt know it to read most of your posts.

and to others yes hes played better but i havent really seen anything that will suggest hes going to always go when its required. found a lot of ball lately and thats great but theres more to the game than getting your hands on the ball.  soft as butter as far as im concerned  and a month of decent footy doing what is expected of all players wont suddenly change that opinion.
as i said im not sold on this bloke and cant help but think he will revert back to squibbing it.
You are such a pessimist claw.
He was taken at 15 in his draft. Apart from Wingard, who has been clearly a better performed player than him that went earlier?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1048 on: August 21, 2014, 09:02:32 AM »

You are such a pessimist claw.
He was taken at 15 in his draft. Apart from Wingard, who has been clearly a better performed player than him that went earlier?

Wingards form isnt that crash hot now that sides have worked him out

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1049 on: April 07, 2015, 02:34:12 PM »
The other Mark Williams talking about Ellis:

* One of Brandon’s fantastic attributes is his ability to run and I thought he really set himself up with his defence. His defence put him in great position to get into effective transition and he won the ball well, he received the ball well and in transition he set us up, especially in the third quarter, which was when our mark/play-on rate was something like 42%. He was a big reason why we had such a good quarter because he won the ball, played on, set our transition up and from there we were able to score and score pretty well.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-04-07/ellis-energises-tigers