Author Topic: Richmond v GWS  (Read 11922 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Richmond v GWS
« Reply #240 on: June 16, 2012, 05:29:36 PM »
I think people are forgetting that GC Suns are the easy beats, not the Giants. We got the 4 points, it was soaking wet, I won't be watching the replay in a hurry but a win is a win.

Those saying to forget about finals.... Essenscum lost to Melbourne two weeks ago, I don't think the Bumbers will be writing off their finals chances after that game.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #241 on: June 16, 2012, 05:33:00 PM »
Another terrible performance by our team IMHO. 12 goals to GWS 11 goals to Richmond. That to me is simply disgraceful. We have been terrible the last 3 weeks. GWS will be well and truly past us in the next 12 to 18 months with their talented youth. We have to many ordinary players in our club. Only good part about today was the 4 points, pity we werent good enough to lift our percentage. Thats what we really needed the points and the percentage.
I think that needs some perspective ramps. it was 12.2 to 11.20, so the chances were created, just not taken.

Sure bad kicking is bad football, but if in the past when we have had narrow losses like that, plenty have jumped on here bemoaning how the scoreboard flattered us.

It was really only their good kicking for goal and our bad kicking for goal that prevented a large win
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #242 on: June 16, 2012, 06:13:57 PM »
Win or lose, wouldn't stress abt finals, we are poo

would think thats a perfect summary of the RFC right now

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #243 on: June 16, 2012, 06:16:04 PM »
reckon Dimma knows that as well

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #244 on: June 16, 2012, 06:19:48 PM »
Another terrible performance by our team IMHO. 12 goals to GWS 11 goals to Richmond. That to me is simply disgraceful. We have been terrible the last 3 weeks. GWS will be well and truly past us in the next 12 to 18 months with their talented youth. We have to many ordinary players in our club. Only good part about today was the 4 points, pity we werent good enough to lift our percentage. Thats what we really needed the points and the percentage.

i think your being too kind Ramps.

That was IMO a disgraceful effort from the RFC. Arguably one of the worst ive seen in years

We have gone back to the Tigers of old the past 3 weeks. We were seduced after wins against Hawthorn but the reality is when the going get tough we crawl into our little shells yet again. Blues will demolish us in Rd 18. Why? Because they know we are weak as pee and we have players who aren't prepared to put their bodies on the line. Like Lethal said crack the egg and they are all soft inside.

Finals were near impossible after last week, now i can safely say its over

We are so poo we wont make finals

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #245 on: June 16, 2012, 06:22:34 PM »
desperately need Grimes and Foley back

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #246 on: June 16, 2012, 06:23:53 PM »

and Morris

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #247 on: June 16, 2012, 06:46:49 PM »
Delist at years end: Miller, Graham, Post?, Mcguane, White, Browne, Derickx, Mcdonald. Did I miss anyone?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

tony_montana

« Reply #248 on: June 16, 2012, 06:51:24 PM »
Moore and a couple of others im sure

cant delist all of browne, xman and the beefcake at the same time, just 1

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #249 on: June 16, 2012, 07:01:24 PM »
Game over and we won.
I'll take the four points and that's it move on. We won at least. Seems hollow to me.
Not an effort that was worthy of a finals aspirant.

Mentally we have switched off the in the last two weeks. We have got through the tough end of the draw and have switched off mentally now that we are going through some less difficult opponents.

Conditions admittedly have not helped in the last two weeks but it was almost de ja vu to last week. Yes we won more contested possessions and more inside 50's and I suppose if we kicked straighter we might have been talking about getting a win and some % on Carlton and St Kilda.

Agree, could hardly raise a "YAY" dont think they should have sung the song, they didnt deserve it, they shouldve been thanking their lucky stars instead >:(
Since quarter time they outscored us 10.2.62 to 7.18.60. Alot in that I suppose and some of what I said earlier. Just glad we got the four points but nothing to crow about.
What was worrying was we almost went back into our shells when they got to within 6 points in the last quarter. Nothing special. Let's move on. Just an uninspiring effort and an uninspiring game.

I hope the bye freshens up the side both mentally and physically because the last few weeks have shown that we are possibly starting to fatigue and crack and going back to bad habits and may need some time to recharge the batteries and rejuvinate the mind.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #250 on: June 16, 2012, 07:06:16 PM »

and Morris

Wrong. We have had a dream injury run.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #251 on: June 16, 2012, 08:00:51 PM »
Another terrible performance by our team IMHO. 12 goals to GWS 11 goals to Richmond. That to me is simply disgraceful. We have been terrible the last 3 weeks. GWS will be well and truly past us in the next 12 to 18 months with their talented youth.

Yeh just like melbourne were in going to be in front of us according to the experts a year ago.

Getting that four points sucked I wish I was a Essendon supporter instead, their a form side and not dropping games ot any crap sides.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #252 on: June 16, 2012, 10:47:06 PM »
Another terrible performance by our team IMHO. 12 goals to GWS 11 goals to Richmond. That to me is simply disgraceful. We have been terrible the last 3 weeks. GWS will be well and truly past us in the next 12 to 18 months with their talented youth.

Yeh just like melbourne were in going to be in front of us according to the experts a year ago.

Getting that four points sucked I wish I was a Essendon supporter instead, their a form side and not dropping games ot any crap sides.
That Patton kid will be a gun for GWS and Cameron already is. They have great young mids like Coniglio etc. They are well on their way at GWS.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #254 on: June 17, 2012, 07:12:10 AM »
It was good to listen to Dimma's interview.  I think that our blokes are a bit run down after a tough start to the season and they have fought out each game hard and given their all, they need the bye.  Freo had come back from a bye when we played them.  The Giants played a pretty decent effort in the wet and...as I predicted the umpires were gushing all over them.  Batch needs a long hot shower to wash the stink off of him after being violated by that umpire, and probably some therapy.
Lots of people name their swords......