Author Topic: Richo on Footy Classified tonight  (Read 3461 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richo on Footy Classified tonight
« on: April 21, 2008, 10:43:55 PM »
Richo will be on the 'Meet the Press' segment on Footy Classified tonight. The show has just started now.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richo on Footy Classified tonight
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 11:48:02 PM »
Richo, Neitz and Thompson vs Caro, Hutchy and I think Blake? from the Hun.

Richo's comments

* Ask why he's never been captain? Just the way things turned out.

* Are you angry with the club's recruiting around you over your 14 years? No not angry. Yeah it was frustrating only playing finals once. 

* Terry's 2011 comments - Terry sat down with the players before going to the media. They knew what he meant. That we would take a step back (which happened last year) before going forward and that what's happened as we've already won a couple of games already after winning only 3 last year. The public got the wrong impression because the media selectively edited Terry's comments. 

* Richo said to Caro it was blantant lie that players in the leadership group were unhappy with Terry's comments. Caro wouldn't reveal her source and kept saying she knows it was was true. Richo said it's a lie as he was in the leadership group at the time and knows it's a lie and then took Caro to task about how the players had to put up with supporters having a go at them for undermining the coach while walking dow the street.

* When Richo started along with Neitz in 1993 there would be 20 off-field things a week reported if the media was back them like it is now. So player behaviour has improved greatly.

* Richo took aim at Blake for writing about how the club formulates gameplans yet he's never seem him down at training.

* Richo asked Caro how much does check the 'facts' she bases her articles on. Neitz and Thompson got stuck in to into 3 journos. Caro said to all of them "do you honestly think we make stories up?" 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 01:40:49 AM »
Richo did well. Stood up for the club. Especially enjoyed him going toe to toe with Caro :thumbsup :clapping.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

richmondrules

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 07:35:13 AM »
Caro's source is probably Jackstar lol.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 09:25:43 AM »
Richo, Neitz and Thompson vs Caro, Hutchy and I think Blake? from the Hun.

Richo's comments

* Richo took aim at Blake for writing about how the club formulates gameplans yet he's never seem him down at training.

Damien Barratt from the Herald Sun I'm pretty sure it was.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 09:40:11 AM »
Richo done very well with his answers & his questions, He loves RFC & his football.
l was lucky to catch that segment,  l fell asleep before the start of the show & my daughter woke me

Little Jackie

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 03:50:21 PM »

you will never know ;)

Little Jackie

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 03:53:32 PM »
Of course Richo is going to deny it.
Would beleive Caro is on the money.
Richo is employed by the RFC , he has to deny it.
mail was right in regards to senior players not happy.
One was quoted as saying, ""this is worse than frawley days""
Ummmmmmmmm
Feel free to P/message me if you want to know who ;)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 04:01:06 PM »
last 2 weeks have been so much better than frawley days it is not funny, never played this good and postive under dudly spudly

richmondrules

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 05:21:24 PM »

you will never know ;)

lol. I actually will never care either.

Little Jackie

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 05:22:04 PM »
last 2 weeks have been so much better than frawley days it is not funny, never played this good and postive under dudly spudly

Boy have we got short memories, 2001 Finals series ring a bell

richmondrules

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 05:26:40 PM »
Sorry Jackstar, team feels a lot different from 2001. To me 2001, though exciting, always felt like a false dawn. although less successful the currently emerging team fills me with far more confidence for the future.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 05:27:56 PM »

yeh and look where that got the club in Frawleys following years..
if my memory serves me correct we were never gonna WIN a flag that year unless you are stating otherwise Jackstar..interesting concept you have going on there.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 05:45:50 PM »

your memory is short, i do remember thase days, i we over achieved back then, and even though we had a good yr that yr, the brand and style and quality of footy we have played is still far better than the style and quality we played in 2001

our current list and game plan wiould have flogged the 2001 team

i know u hate terry, i havent thought much of him either but he still is our coach and i cannot fault the way he has coached us for 3 out of 5 weeks

jack its about time u gave terry and the club some slack, becaus ei have a feeling they will make u eat ur words

if we succeed with terry i willl be wrapped even though i have bagged him, but i will be fair and judge hime after this and next yr

now u say u know footy, and no doubt u do, so swallow ur pride and admit that the past 2 weeks our footy has been of a better standard than 2001!

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 05:53:10 PM »
Gotta say I was rapt with the side and how it played in 2001.

No false dawn that year for me, it was exciting to watch. The false dawn didn't hit me until the 2nd half of 2002. 
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott