Author Topic: Tuesdays with Terry  (Read 928 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tuesdays with Terry
« on: April 22, 2008, 02:36:49 PM »
Tuesdays with Terry

* On Buddy, Wallace said he hasn't seen anyone so athletically advanced and superior to the others that he's playing. Buddy just seems to have that physical prowess that's over and above most of the other blokes. It will be obviously a very, very difficult match-up. Where he fits into the game's history will tell at the end of his career.

* Thursty will most like get the job on Franklin with Moore, Schulz, McGuane and Polak as options if Franklin plays high.

* Frawley suggested Richo play on Franklin. Wallace poured water on it as he's never seen Richo play as a backmen. Prefer to keep in the current role.

* Plough said he doesn't envisage many changes this week to the side. Joel and Petts to stay at Coburg until the defensive side of their games improves.

* Cotchin is still way off a senior debut.

http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/plough-ponders-buddy-match-up-47089

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tuesdays with Terry
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 02:48:01 PM »
* Thursty will most like get the job on Franklin with Moore, Schulz, McGuane and Polak as options if Franklin plays high.

Haha that can be taken more than one way given the injunction last year.  ;)  ;D
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 03:10:35 PM »
Buddy's opponent up to the Hawks
 Luke Holmesby
 2:48 PM Tue 22 April, 2008

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace says Lance Franklin’s opponent this week will depend on where he slots into the Hawks set-up.

Franklin has been one of the competition’s in-form players this year but Wallace said his place in Hawthorn’s structure would decide how he was manned in the match between the two sides this weekend.

“It really depends on how Buddy plays. If he’s close to goal then he’s more likely to get Will (Thursfield); if he plays up the ground then he’s more likely to get one of our centre half-backs,” Wallace said.

“It will be a difficult match-up. Guys like to take on challenges in the game. Will Thursfield always puts up his hand to get the best opponent he can on a weekly basis.”

“Two weeks ago we gave Kel Moore a challenge to play on Matthew Pavlich. I think guys genuinely like that opportunity. Will comes in and asks every single week. We’ve always had a real balance of our backline where we like Will to play as our natural full-back.”

Wallace sang the praises of Franklin, who he said was one of the most gifted players going around.

“He’s a pretty exciting player isn’t he? I think in my time in the competition I haven’t seen someone who is so athletically that far advanced and superior to the others he’s playing on. I see great players in the game ... history will tell that at the end of his career,” he said.

“Most of those players have done it through their skill level or courage but Buddy seems to have that physical prowess that is over and above most of the other blokes.”

But Wallace stopped short of saying Franklin was the best in the game.

“How do you compare Juddy to Buddy? They’re completely different players. That is your [media] job. All we’re doing is planning for Hawthorn, who is in great form. The one thing we’ve seen with the Hawthorn footy club is that they’ve been on a graph that continually rises and they are going to be tough opponents.”

Wallace said Franklin would not be the only forward in Richmond’s sights this week and that it was important not to get tunnel vision.

“You’ve got to be careful. I think Fremantle were very wary of him a couple of weeks ago and then all of a sudden Jarryd Roughead jumps in and starts kicking goals. If you put all your eggs in one basket, someone else gets out,” he said.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=58334

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 04:54:52 PM »
is it just me or what but i would love no more than to smash these snakes.

outside of beating the blues there's would be no better feeling right now than to beat these dawks. sick and tired of hearing about em
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 06:20:51 PM »
would love to beat the dawks and i hope buddy has a dog of a day and gets beaten inside