Author Topic: Miller on SEN  (Read 964 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Miller on SEN
« on: March 11, 2008, 09:52:21 AM »
On now

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Miller on SEN
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 10:04:59 AM »

Summary

* Miller said he hasn't heard of this Allco and AFG confusion except what's in the paper. Doesn't believe RFC players are in danger. AFG is a great sponsor and in great shape.

* Cotchin is back running. 4-5 weeks to get back to match fitness. On the road to recovery.

* Geelong game - wasn't good. Mixed preseason. Good - Melb, Syd; not good - St Kilda, Geelong.  Backline too undersized to handle Mooney, Hawkins. Overpowered all over the ground.

* Doesn't mean a lot. Simmo off after half-time. Trying things. Preseason has been excellent. We'll put our best foot forward against Carlton.

* KB asked if it is a mission of ours to derail Carlton's bubble? We have been deliberately quiet over preseason. Prefer to let our footy do the talking. North 9 days after Carlton then Collingwood before going interstate. It's a 22 round season but it'd be nice to start with a win.

* Massive crowd. Carlton home ground unfortunately. Big build-up with two large supported clubs. 

* Coaches discussing spying - probably won't work. There's been a lot more closed sessions this year. Difficult for us at Punt Rd.

* Boxing coach Tom Vickery usually throws them out (laughs). We usually train at different venues.

* Best way is to talk and make a deal about closed sessions between you and the club your playing. We won't spy if you don't.

* Tuesdays with Terry will continue. We asked Terry when he signed on to get out and do what we needed. Only the past 5 months has he been able to take a back step. He has been great talking to coteries and sponsors.

* Thursday week - we'll be right.

Little Jackie

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 12:32:46 PM »
closed sessions, Try Wesley or Trinty colleges :shh

Moi

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 01:48:48 PM »
closed sessions, Try Wesley or Trinty colleges :shh
::)

Little Jackie

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 03:38:12 PM »
I hope Greg Miller knows his staff?, as the boxing coach is "' John Vickery"" not ""Tom"" Vickery ::) ::)
Good bloke is Vickers too :thumbsup

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 03:40:55 PM »
I hope Greg Miller knows his staff?, as the boxing coach is "' John Vickery"" not ""Tom"" Vickery ::) ::)

Might have been MT's ears failing him.  :lol

After all John and Tom could be mistakenly mixed-up if he's trying to jot down the interview quickly.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 07:37:15 PM »

Might have been MT's ears failing him.  :lol

After all John and Tom could be mistakenly mixed-up if he's trying to jot down the interview quickly.
Yep my typo Jack :wallywink

Actually I thought Miller's answers were fine. No outlandish statements and fairly on the mark.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd