Author Topic: Wallace on SEN  (Read 13725 times)

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Wallace on SEN
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2008, 07:19:09 PM »
Regardless of how selwood develops giving up early picks for establised players like Mcmahon is a mistake..
The only real way to build a list is through young talent and giving up early picks should only be done for special cases
and even then i would be reluctant..
With F Jackson we have shown improvement in selecting talented young players , hopefully with Craig Cameron here now we will start to realise you also need to keep draft picks..

Moi

« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2008, 07:23:28 PM »
Regardless of how selwood develops giving up early picks for establised players like Mcmahon is a mistake..
The only real way to build a list is through young talent and giving up early picks should only be done for special cases
and even then i would be reluctant..
With F Jackson we have shown improvement in selecting talented young players , hopefully with Craig Cameron here now we will start to realise you also need to keep draft picks..
Everyone said that this draft was only 20 deep, so I don't have a problem with picking up a ready made player versus one that went at 22 on this occasion.
But normally I would agree with you Harry, this draft is for kids.

Ramps

« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2008, 07:30:36 PM »
I wanted Selwood coz I believe we are soft as a club. Its the same reason I wanted Hurn. We need bigger bodies and some players with aggression.