Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 413458 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
In response to the below comments from Roos and Buckley, Gill McLachlan on Talking Footy said the AFL won't be offering Lynch any marketing incentives before he decides his future.

BUCKLEY: AFL CAN'T MAKE LYNCH STAY

Ben Broad
Herald-Sun
4 June 2018

Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley has lashed suggestions the AFL needs to intervene to ensure wanted Suns star Tom Lynch remains with the expansion club.

As rival Melbourne clubs circle Gold Coast's co-captain - Collingwood among the suitors - Buckley seized his chance to have his say when quizzed how Lynch would "fit into the Pies' forward line".

"Tom Lynch has got every right to go and play football wherever he wants to play football," Buckley said on Triple M.

"This idea that he has to stay at the Gold Coast Suns is ridiculous - and that the AFL has to step in and make sure he doesn't go anywhere.

"Money's not everything. The kid actually comes from down here and if he wants to move then he makes that decision.

"If he doesn't then he stays."

Buckley's comments came after Paul Roos called on the AFL to help prop up the Suns and keep Lynch up north.

“The AFL has to get involved. Unashamedly, they have to get involved,” Roos said on Triple M.

“It’s an AFL franchise, we all know that, I know Gil (McLachlan) has to tread a fine line, but they (AFL) are putting a lot of money in (to the Suns).

“So what’s wrong with Gil saying … within the confines of the rules, not go outside the salary cap or rules, but they have to have him staying in Gold Coast.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-daily-live-rolling-footy-news-from-around-australia-for-monday-june-4-2018/news-story/ddff5018ec52966e860c78d2ed0c746b

Dougeytherichmondfan

Heard the audio on that.

Eddie had a smug gloat in his voice that suggested they're in charge of the chase for him.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Victorian clubs desperate to lure elite free agents

JON RALPH,
Herald Sun
June 8, 2018

CHASING A TALL — TOM LYNCH

HAWTHORN

Played finals eight times for four premierships in the decade, elite coach and culture and seem to be on the upswing again with elite talls and improving midfield. But is Clarko staying?

RICHMOND

Four finals series in last decade. Would play with Jack Riewoldt and elite smalls. Coach in form of his life. Play at the MCG, elite mids kicking it to you. What’s not to like?

COLLINGWOOD

Played finals six times since 2008 but none of the past four. For the first time in a while, you are not the Pies saviour. Would play alongside Moore and great mid-sizers. Players love Bucks, on the upswing.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/jon-ralph/victorian-clubs-desperate-to-lure-elite-free-agents/news-story/529b71641b23ed18b746d09810c59662

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
To be honest if he comes great, but not loosing sleep over it.I'm confident with our batch of talls developing to.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tom Browne also said Richmond is holding off contract talks with Grigg and Houli to have a "look" at Lynch.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Tonight showed (again) why we need Lynch

We need another key tall forward
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
We do need one. I would be tempted to play Balta for a large block of games as a forward/ruck. Can take a good mark and give us something in the ruck around the ground when Nank is resting. Ruck and Grigg is yesterday's tactic.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
We need a another quality mid as much as anything....prefarably a big bodied one.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
I'd pass on Lynch.
And I'm confident we have.

Now what mid do we want to add to our midfield.

Look west Son.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
What happened to "Two Metre Peter"....injured or fallen out of favour? Looked like a superstar in the making last year.... :shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

dwaino

A decent tall forward would have been handy when we were bombing it inside 50 the second half last night.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
What happened to "Two Metre Peter"....injured or fallen out of favour? Looked like a superstar in the making last year.... :shh

Calf injuries ruined the season so far. Working his way back now

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
When is his contract up? I'd actually take him over Lynch.....cheaper, younger.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Personally I’d rather Ollie Wines. Played the second least minutes (79) but was the most dominant player on the ground.

He’s tough too.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
Curnow would solve both problems.... :shh

De Goey would give us a second Martin..... :shh :shh

....or we could wait until Bontempelli is out of contract....especially as Footscray's sexagennial 15 minutes of fame now looks over ...he would also solve both problems... :shh :shh :shh
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 02:14:14 PM by Diocletian »

- Thomas Sowell