Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 924577 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1245 on: June 03, 2008, 05:08:49 PM »

Joel hit it once. I meant he was one of the three who we saw hit the top of the bin along with Browny and Cam. We didn't see who the other 2 were through the bodies of 40 players. They only had one attempt each.

lol ok well just goes to show Joel Bowden is switched on 1 from 1 from 30 metres, l dont find that very hard for professional footballers to acheive,  l'm surprised they were not using basketballs the why spinster coaches

Yeah Jackstar they will send Simmonds out there this weekend with his bad knee till they destroy him & we will have a excuse then why we are so rabble
A rest would be the sensible way to treat Simmonds best & bring in Graham, infact is Graham still training no-one talks about him does he still play down there  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1246 on: June 03, 2008, 05:54:52 PM »
Teach me to get to training late  :wallywink. Richo didn't do any of the runs at the start of training according to Ch 10. Sugar was there earlier on too with a brace around his left knee.

Gus had a interrupted preseason due to his broken ankle IIRC so he's nowhere near ready for a senior call up. Putt of course is too young and nowhere near AFL either. If they were to give Simmo a rest then the ruckwork would be left to Patto and Polak or even Tuck  :help.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1247 on: June 03, 2008, 09:58:45 PM »
Teach me to get to training late  :wallywink. Richo didn't do any of the runs at the start of training according to Ch 10. Sugar was there earlier on too with a brace around his left knee.

Gus had a interrupted preseason due to his broken ankle IIRC so he's nowhere near ready for a senior call up. Putt of course is too young and nowhere near AFL either. If they were to give Simmo a rest then the ruckwork would be left to Patto and Polak or even Tuck  :help.

Well if that is the case, they should've thought the ruck situation through last year and left Gus on the rookie list (like they do with Howat every year) and picked Cartledge in the December draft along with Gourdis.

Professionally run clubs would not rely on 1 ruckman to play 22 games and have no back up at all in the event of injury or suspension.  What makes this even worse is the fact we had the same problem last year. Karma will dictate that Simmo will go down with injury in the next week or two.

We do not problem solve and contingency plan well at Tigerland.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Tigermonk

« Reply #1248 on: June 04, 2008, 06:30:00 AM »

Well if that is the case, they should've thought the ruck situation through last year and left Gus on the rookie list (like they do with Howat every year) and picked Cartledge in the December draft along with Gourdis.

Professionally run clubs would not rely on 1 ruckman to play 22 games and have no back up at all in the event of injury or suspension.  What makes this even worse is the fact we had the same problem last year. Karma will dictate that Simmo will go down with injury in the next week or two.

Richmond is not a professional run club, its still thinks its in the days of the old VFL
lives on its history instead of creating a new future for the new gerneration
talking of the Next Generation 2007 buzz that generated a wooden spoon  :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1249 on: June 04, 2008, 03:06:43 PM »

Simmo's knee is hurting his leap at the moment and in any case his height means he is really should be a second ruckman in modern footy. We're missing that experienced agile 203-5cm ruckman who can consistently win hitouts and tap to advantage to compliment Simmo. A ruckman who should have been drafted 6-7 years ago  ::).

The problem with current contingency plan was it was only for long-term injuries; not the 1-3 week injury like a minor knee or hammy. 3 of our 4 rookies are just "back-ups" rather than finding another Foley, Thursty or Moore for the future. Why is Cam still at Punt Rd  ??? and Cartledge's footpassing in the VFL vs SANFL game was no better that what we saw up in Sydney  :help :P. I also think the club thought Gus was going to come on more this year despite coming back from an ankle.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1250 on: June 04, 2008, 04:09:57 PM »

Richmond is not a professional run club, its still thinks its in the days of the old VFL

written authorised and spoken by jackstar

jackstar

« Reply #1251 on: June 04, 2008, 08:18:46 PM »

written authorised and spoken by jackstar

Where am I involved in this you imbecile

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1252 on: June 04, 2008, 10:10:25 PM »

Simmo's knee is hurting his leap at the moment and in any case his height means he is really should be a second ruckman in modern footy. We're missing that experienced agile 203-5cm ruckman who can consistently win hitouts and tap to advantage to compliment Simmo. A ruckman who should have been drafted 6-7 years ago  ::).

The problem with current contingency plan was it was only for long-term injuries; not the 1-3 week injury like a minor knee or hammy. 3 of our 4 rookies are just "back-ups" rather than finding another Foley, Thursty or Moore for the future. Why is Cam still at Punt Rd  ??? and Cartledge's footpassing in the VFL vs SANFL game was no better that what we saw up in Sydney  :help :P. I also think the club thought Gus was going to come on more this year despite coming back from an ankle.

I would've much preferred Ben Hudson to Jordan - heck pick 19 would've blown the doggies out of the water.
Ben Hudson and Troy Simmonds, now that sounds a bit more like it compared to what we currently have in the ruck.

I think that are plenty of aspects where our club is professionally run - take our injury management this year as one example.

Our football list strategy seems a bit one dimensional and linked to this obsessive run and carry style of play that demands 33 small players and a couple of tall players on our list.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1253 on: June 05, 2008, 06:44:47 PM »

I would've much preferred Ben Hudson to Jordan - heck pick 19 would've blown the doggies out of the water.
Ben Hudson and Troy Simmonds, now that sounds a bit more like it compared to what we currently have in the ruck.

I think that are plenty of aspects where our club is professionally run - take our injury management this year as one example.

Our football list strategy seems a bit one dimensional and linked to this obsessive run and carry style of play that demands 33 small players and a couple of tall players on our list.
At 29 and coming back from a knee Hudson was never on our recruiting radar. We should have just held onto the pick but that's a tale that's been done to death.

I thought last year with the actual picks we had we finally drafted correctly in terms of picking up kids with size instead of the usual stick-figures. Francis Jackson seems to be a half-decent spotter of junior talent at this stage (based on 2006-7 drafts) although it's too early too judge properly. I just hope Craig Cameron adds to the recruiting knowledge base and doesn't cramp Francis' spotting. The Dees recruiting was nothing to write home about.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1254 on: June 06, 2008, 06:22:17 PM »
Ch 10 news showed a snippet of Richmond training today. They said Richo still only trained lightly but we expect his knee to be better this week.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1255 on: June 06, 2008, 10:59:37 PM »
Tiger2020 on Y&B has done a report on today's training:

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=171859&postcount=236

Con65

« Reply #1256 on: June 10, 2008, 05:58:00 PM »
MT did you get a chance to go to training today?  Apparently it was a hard session, can you shed any light on it?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1257 on: June 10, 2008, 06:27:08 PM »
MT did you get a chance to go to training today?  Apparently it was a hard session, can you shed any light on it?
I couldn't make it today Con but Ch 10 said they did a heap of punishing 400m sprints. Some of the boys looked pretty red in the face from the vision. They also showed Richo squating gathering one footy after the other off the ground. Plough said Richo will play mostly up forward until the break (R14) as he is playing sore  :-\.

Tigermonk

« Reply #1258 on: June 11, 2008, 08:51:34 AM »
why would a coach say his players are sore & carrying injuries  ??? it strikes me
you may as well just give your gameplan & documents to the other club your playing against
cant this coach shut his mouth for once & keep it all in house
saying Richo is not 100% gives the other club a advantage to put a lower class defender on your #1 forward & leave them to use the #1 defender on our next best forward
Saying our #1 Ruckman is in the same boat gives the other club a edge to push thier ruckman harder & use them to break open games
Wallace only openly says these things surely to have a excuse for when we play the ugly football he teaches & to save his ass after a lose
His ass is on the line,  the axe is sharpened, just let the blade come down Gary  SWING THE BLOODY THING please no more pain at seeing our youngsters with bad skills which they never had before they came to the club

You told the supporters thier will be no more EXCUSES  ;D

Con65

« Reply #1259 on: June 11, 2008, 10:05:45 AM »
Tigermonk...what if Wallace is playing fox...they put their weaker defender on him and Richo is fine...and plays a blinder like he did on Kepler Bradley a couple of years ago....

Now you just dont know do you...Richo looked ok to me running the length of the G last week...what do you do if your an opposition coach...play a weaker guy on him...and get cut up...or waste your best defender cos Richo is injured and cant cut you up...hmmmm

Foxxy on the run I say....

MightyTiges...thanks for the Channel 10 training report...much appreciated...