Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 924622 times)

Ramps

Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #2085 on: November 26, 2009, 05:11:04 AM »
where abouts in monash uni are they training? id like to get along.

Is it the oval thats along Blackburn Rd. I think the entrance is the first entrance to the right as you enter Wellington Rd from Blackburn Rd. Is this correct?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2086 on: November 26, 2009, 06:56:40 AM »
We must have been training at Monash today because there was no one at Punt Rd this morning.

They trained yesterday (Wed) at Punt Road later in the day. Gym sessions  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Tiggytam

« Reply #2087 on: November 27, 2009, 07:33:27 AM »
Does anybody know when the next training session will be and where?

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2088 on: November 27, 2009, 08:24:53 AM »
From comments regarding Dustin Martin, today is a day off and they're back Monday, he wanted to get started today

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2089 on: November 27, 2009, 10:33:00 AM »
Looks like I'll be going in on Monday then.  ;D

I'll be sure to have my camera handy.  ;)

Offline Ball!

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #2090 on: November 29, 2009, 10:54:36 AM »
Hey all,

Can anyone confirm where and what rough time training will be on Monday?

I've gone down to Punt Road and watched it a few times, however I heard they were training down at Monash Clayton last week.

Just want to check out the new fellas and take a couple of snaps which i'd be happy to post up on here

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2091 on: November 30, 2009, 03:05:39 AM »
Hey all,

Can anyone confirm where and what rough time training will be on Monday?

I've gone down to Punt Road and watched it a few times, however I heard they were training down at Monash Clayton last week.

Just want to check out the new fellas and take a couple of snaps which i'd be happy to post up on here
I'm guessing it'll be held in the morning as that's the time they've been training this preseason (except for last Wednesday arvo) but that's just a guess.

Con65

« Reply #2092 on: November 30, 2009, 10:59:15 AM »
Cant wait for the training reports and the pics of the new kids...

Interesting and enthusiastic times ahead...

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #2093 on: November 30, 2009, 12:53:58 PM »
it is going to be very interesting who is training with us for a spot on our list.

1 Senior spot and 4 Rookie spots.

:)

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2094 on: November 30, 2009, 01:50:18 PM »
Couldn't get in this morning.  Will try and go on Wednesday.

Tiggytam

« Reply #2095 on: November 30, 2009, 04:54:45 PM »
Official word from the club is closed training sessions all this week.

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2096 on: November 30, 2009, 08:33:42 PM »

fair enough esp if we're trialling the undrafted kids

richmondrules

« Reply #2097 on: December 01, 2009, 06:59:55 AM »

fair enough esp if we're trialling the undrafted kids

Understandable but damn frustrating.  ;D

Glad to see the RFC is actually managing to have a closed session without all the details being plastered all over the internet anyway. I'm actually enjoying the silence.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2098 on: December 02, 2009, 03:24:24 PM »
Training today was at Monash. A fairly punishing session and it was pretty warm out there too  :P.

No sign of Cotch, Cuz or Gilligan when I got there. I don't remember Hislop being there either.

Of our new draftees I didn't see Nason. Griffiths watched with his arm in a sling (apparently it wasn't a full shoulder reco which is good news). Taylor was lying on a table having work done of his lower right ab/leg. He left soon after with Jordie. The other four had a fairly light session with their own routine set up for them separate from the main squad. They did 10 150m runs along the boundary. Dea was really feeling it during the last few, falling back behind Martin who had no probs. Astbury easily kept up with the smaller Webberley. Moves well for a 195cm kid. Martin is ready-made to play when you see him close up. Taylor looks taller than I expected although he's a beanpole and needs to fill out.

As for training they first worked on full ground rebounding from defence to attacking the goalsquare. Hardwick has said he wishes to initially have us playing fairly direct predictable footy and that's what it looks today with hard running, spreading and linking up getting the footy past the centre and then a long kick forward. Our iffy footskills from the usual suspects are still there (Hardwick's broom still has work to do next year) but overall it was fairly well done.

Next up the main squad split in two groups and the coaching staff set up two oval boundaries quarter the size of the main oval at each end. Then each group split into two teams - one attacking and one defending. The idea was for the attackers to work on maintaining possession via short passes to leading teammates or sharing the ball around by hand, and then reseting attacks to go again. Attacking players needed to run hard to find space in the smaller confines and work hard to run and support teammates to maintain possession. Defenders had to close down space and fill holes. I watched the group closer to me and the skill level was pretty good.

The squad then came together for some more full ground length rebounding drills. They then finished off with five successive approx. 1 km runs around the Monash ovals. Kadhlefelt and Jacko had a good duel. Jacko won the first two runs with Kadhlefelt just a shoulder length behind. By the time they got to the 4th and 5th run Kadhlefelt had a 20m gap on Jacko. I know it means nothing if he can't play but Justin is  definitely living up to his reputation of being a running machine. The coaches once again joined in at the back. Just before the last one Hardwick turned to Postie, who was having a massage on the table as he didn't do any running, and told Postie he'll need the table to collapse on after the run  ;D.

As for injuries - a couple of Tigers had niggles. Whitey rolled his ankle on Saturday and so had his ankle in ice after doing 80% of the session. Kingy trained but he also had some ankle niggle with his left ankle tapped up. Vickery has a niggle near the achilles (it's not the achilles though) which he felt yesterday. It wasn't a sore today so hopefully it's only minor. He can still train.

No photos sorry as it was a closed session. I was allowed to take pics for myself but I didn't bother as I wouldn't be allowed to post and share them.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #2099 on: December 02, 2009, 04:02:40 PM »
Thanks heaps for that MT. Interesting to hear about Kadhlefelt & Jacko, appears to be an impressive engine he has there! Do you think we would be looking at him in the PSD or hoping he slips past GC's picks in the RD?
Detka! Detka! Detka!