Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 924610 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1065 on: February 19, 2008, 07:59:22 PM »
Forgot to add there was a lot of emphasis on pressure and intensity today. Sugar saying at the end to the group that's the way we should always train.

Also when Terry had them in a huddle someone received a big round of applause. Not sure who or why. I was thinking it could be someone who hasn't played seniors but Cotchin and Rance injured I couldn't think who else it could be.

Collins ??
You may be right Gracie. Good thinking.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 3121

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #1066 on: February 19, 2008, 08:34:29 PM »
Sugar saying at the end to the group that's the way we should always train.

Great report mate.  Did you actually hear sugar say that?  You've seem many training sessions, can you actually say that this session today had a greater tempo than the previous sessions?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1067 on: February 19, 2008, 09:11:25 PM »
Sugar saying at the end to the group that's the way we should always train.
Did you actually hear sugar say that?
Yep. The drinks are right by the fence so he was clearly audible within the group.

You've seem many training sessions, can you actually say that this session today had a greater tempo than the previous sessions?
Slightly but I wouldn't say massively. It was bloody hot today though so I'll give them some slack today.
I thought they were more vocal. The kept saying to each other more pressure and intensity and certain players would get ticked off with themselves or apologise to teammates if they stuffed up. Foley is probably the hardest on himself.

Offline 3121

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #1068 on: February 19, 2008, 09:21:55 PM »
Thanks MT.  One more thing, was Edwards & Conners in the drills?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1069 on: February 19, 2008, 09:27:02 PM »
Thanks MT.  One more thing, was Edwards & Conners in the drills?
Yes both were in the midfield group. Probably up there with our better skilled players from what I saw of them. I didn't see them have a bad kick or anything.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1070 on: February 19, 2008, 09:48:33 PM »
Well done again MT.  Did you notice how Foley trained?  I'm still a bit nervous about the rumour doing the rounds re: shin splints (knowing how debilitating and long term they can be).

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1071 on: February 19, 2008, 10:00:14 PM »
Well done again MT.  Did you notice how Foley trained?  I'm still a bit nervous about the rumour doing the rounds re: shin splints (knowing how debilitating and long term they can be).
Trained the whole 2 1/2 hours and was running and leading hard. Even gave I think Polo a nice bump off the ball to win the footy in a 50/50 contest. As I mentioned in the other thread, in the 200m and 400m runs he was finishing first. Hardly a sign of someone with shin splints.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1072 on: February 19, 2008, 10:08:01 PM »
Hardly a sign of someone with shin splints.
I will sleep well tonight!   :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1073 on: February 19, 2008, 10:51:24 PM »
Fantastic report again MT, I love coming onto this site and reading your reports, keep it up. By the way are there reports or news on the injury to Rance, how long is he out for and also McGuane??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1074 on: February 20, 2008, 12:50:11 AM »
Fantastic report again MT, I love coming onto this site and reading your reports, keep it up. By the way are there reports or news on the injury to Rance, how long is he out for and also McGuane??
Rance had his right foot/ankle in a bucket of ice water for the last 30 minutes or so of the session. I'm not 100% sure how bad it is but he's able to stand and walk and he said he'll be right. There was no mention by the trainers of any other long-term injuries apart from Cotchin of course. McGuane is fine. Trained for the full session. Same goes for Meyer, Thursty, Connors, Gus and Howat who have all recently been on the sidelines yet all trained fully yesterday.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1075 on: February 20, 2008, 01:12:47 AM »
Thanks MT.

Great report.  :bow

Hope Collins does get his chance.  I think he needs a match situation in the Y&B no matter how mickey-mouse it is.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1076 on: February 20, 2008, 03:34:32 PM »
Rance had his right foot/ankle in a bucket of ice water for the last 30 minutes or so of the session. I'm not 100% sure how bad it is but he's able to stand and walk and he said he'll be right. There was no mention by the trainers of any other long-term injuries apart from Cotchin of course. McGuane is fine. Trained for the full session. Same goes for Meyer, Thursty, Connors, Gus and Howat who have all recently been on the sidelines yet all trained fully yesterday.

Fantastic news there MT, thanks again.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1077 on: February 20, 2008, 04:46:40 PM »
Well done as always MT. Appreciated. 8)

Offline richoman

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #1078 on: February 20, 2008, 09:15:05 PM »
How did hughes flatten shulz

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1079 on: February 20, 2008, 09:23:39 PM »
Welcome to OER richoman.

How did hughes flatten shulz
No flattening at training yesterday. Both didn't see much of the footy in their duel. Kingy was instructing Schulz to keep sticking his hip into Hughes so Sarge could know where Cleve was via body-contact rather than turning around.