Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 466004 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #885 on: May 08, 2011, 04:21:27 PM »

Hate to rain on people's parades but it was a bloody stupid thing to do to be honest no need to be trying to take mark of the century ever week... could have suffered a very nasty injury

I wouldnt be telling Jack Riewoldt to stop flying for marks.

Not telling him not to fly for marks but he doesn't need to try and take speccy every Tiger entry into the F50. Would actually like to see him lead up a bit more at times
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

TigerTimeII

« Reply #886 on: May 08, 2011, 05:49:51 PM »

Hate to rain on people's parades but it was a bloody stupid thing to do to be honest no need to be trying to take mark of the century ever week... could have suffered a very nasty injury

I wouldnt be telling Jack Riewoldt to stop flying for marks.

true and at times he does but thats millers role and forte, jack thrives on one on one body contact

Not telling him not to fly for marks but he doesn't need to try and take speccy every Tiger entry into the F50. Would actually like to see him lead up a bit more at times

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #887 on: May 08, 2011, 06:36:19 PM »
Agree it was a little ambitious but its how he plays, it's like telling Houli to stop kicking balls 60m incase he rips his hammy. Or Dusty stop "don't arguing" incase he pops his shoulder.

Go Tigers!

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #888 on: May 08, 2011, 06:53:33 PM »

Don't see why that's raining on peoples parade. Jack plays football in an instictual way. Perhaps you may want to get him to consider his self preservation a bit more but you wouldn't want to change him surley? He's one of the few footballers I have seen that can read when he's not going to complete whatever he's attempting and if he isn't he changes tack and makes sure the ball goes to our advantage. Great footballer, very spectacular, clever, the sort of character the game needs.

Gigantor

« Reply #889 on: May 08, 2011, 07:01:44 PM »
guys this guy is an aboslute gun..yes he's a bit rough round the edges ,,but frankly i dont care ...i have a feeling that in years to come  he might end up being one of our all time greats....sheesh hope i havent put the mozz on him

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #890 on: May 08, 2011, 07:28:04 PM »
Sort of agree and im sure Dimma would be bringing it up with him. We need him on the park, not at the Epworth with Hutchy and Barret hiding in the bins.

That being said he is one of the smartest footballers going around. I loved his quick left kick off the mark in the middle of the ground resulting in a goal.

He is a very smart footballer and his kicking is exceptional.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #891 on: May 08, 2011, 07:34:50 PM »
Sort of agree and im sure Dimma would be bringing it up with him. We need him on the park, not at the Epworth with Hutchy and Barret hiding in the bins.

That being said he is one of the smartest footballers going around. I loved his quick left kick off the mark in the middle of the ground resulting in a goal.

He is a very smart footballer and his kicking is exceptional.

magic wasnt it? also got away a left foot pass while being tackled that resulted in a goal too.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #892 on: May 09, 2011, 08:53:48 AM »
He also passed to Kingy for a goal as well, so he kicked 4 and set up 3 that we can remember at the moment, great game!  ;)

Con65

« Reply #893 on: May 09, 2011, 12:14:29 PM »
I thought his goal assists were the most impressive aspect of his game on the weekend.

He was pretty much being well held but he still managed to help the others kick goals.  The left foot kick whilst being tackled was a beauty.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #894 on: May 09, 2011, 09:27:16 PM »
I thought his goal assists were the most impressive aspect of his game on the weekend.

He was pretty much being well held but he still managed to help the others kick goals.  The left foot kick whilst being tackled was a beauty.

his goal assists have been very impressive in the past few weeks. Very smart player - elite footballer and best key forward in the comp by seasons end.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #895 on: May 09, 2011, 10:29:49 PM »
elite footballer and best key forward in the comp by seasons end.

already is, as far as im concerned.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #896 on: May 14, 2011, 12:57:00 PM »
Jack's got new wheels this week...

http://yfrog.com/gyat3ivj

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #897 on: May 15, 2011, 09:56:41 PM »
Not sure if it was the new boots or getting annoyed at what going on up the field but Jack seemed very frustrated out there today and not his usual self. It probably says heaps about his natural talent that the last two weeks he can be well held by his direct opponent yet still yeak out 4 goals in both games to continue to lead the Coleman medal.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #898 on: May 16, 2011, 07:59:50 AM »
Not sure if it was the new boots or getting annoyed at what going on up the field but Jack seemed very frustrated out there today and not his usual self. It probably says heaps about his natural talent that the last two weeks he can be well held by his direct opponent yet still yeak out 4 goals in both games to continue to lead the Coleman medal.

Very heavy checking on Jack the last two weeks, MT.  Umps not the least interested.

As well as having his run at the ball blocked, he's getting manhandled in the contest and a fair bit of arm chopping.

Needs to get on his bike and play hit-up for a week or so.

Offline matrightyeh

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #899 on: May 16, 2011, 09:56:04 AM »
needs to stop looking for fees imo and go harder at the ball