Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 465570 times)

Ox

Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #2085 on: May 01, 2013, 05:27:25 PM »
Lazy SOB.
Wont chase, not even second attempts.
Only plays when crowd is up his arse
Moron

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2086 on: May 01, 2013, 05:52:10 PM »
A switched on Jack makes the difference between a Tight win and a Tight loss. ;)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2087 on: May 01, 2013, 10:21:15 PM »
Richmond star Jack Riewoldt admits he plays with emotion
Matt Windley

JACK Riewoldt insists no one at Richmond has a problem with his attitude or the way he behaved during Friday's loss to Fremantle.

Riewoldt spoke yesterday of his disappointment in his own performance against the Dockers, in which he kicked one goal and collected just 10 possessions.

A story in yesterday's Herald Sun questioned Riewoldt's body language, while triple premiership forward Mark Maclure labelled the forward a "prima donna".

The 24-year-old said the fact he wore his heart on his sleeve could "definitely" be misconstrued.

"I'm an emotional person ... I play with emotion and I reckon I'd be a pretty boring person and a pretty boring player if I didn't do that," Riewoldt said at Etihad Stadium, where he was announced as an ambassador for "Mac Pack", a McDonald's program that encourages participation in junior sport.

"It's a double-edged sword (in the) AFL. There's definitely cries for players to have a bit more personality, but if you show a bit of personality, you can be shot down pretty quickly.

"I'm an easy target, I know that."

This is not the first time Riewoldt's attitude has been questioned.

Premiership coach Paul Roos said last year Riewoldt would be testing Tigers boss Damien Hardwick's patience with his on-field behaviour.

In Round 2, 2011, he argued with club officials for substituting him out of a game because of concussion and a week later he gave the "bird" to the Hawthorn bench.

That prompted Hawks legend Jason Dunstall to publicly warn Riewoldt he risked being remembered for all the wrong reasons.

"I might be being pigeon-holed a little bit like that I reckon," Riewoldt said yesterday when asked if his attitude issues remained.

"But I'm always trying to work to become a better leader. I'm in the leadership group, I try to go out there and lead the football club that I love as best as possible.

"How someone in the media portrays what I'm doing to how I'm portraying it is obviously completely different."

The two-time Coleman medallist said he had not been spoken to by Hardwick or captain Trent Cotchin about his attitude on Friday night.

And he said comments from anyone outside of the club did not resonate with him. "You've got cameras and reporters all around you and you learn to become pretty thick-skinned about what's said about you," he said. "But it can definitely affect your family and I think that's where people have got to be really careful about what they are saying."

Riewoldt, out of contract at season's end, said he hoped to sign a new deal with the Tigers soon.

He said the sudden departure of former football manager Craig Cameron before the season had put back negotiations between the club and his manager Liam Pickering.

"I think any player wants to get their contract over and done with and their future set in stone as quick as possible," Riewoldt said.

"That will happen as soon as it happens. It's definitely no distraction for us."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-captain-trent-cotchin-has-no-problem-with-jack-riewoldts-attitude/story-e6frf9mx-1226633300806
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2088 on: May 02, 2013, 09:56:54 AM »
Haters got to hate. Jack is still third on the goalkicking and barring injury is likely to be challenging for his 3rd Coleman medal. Yeah we lost and McPharlin beat Jack but it wasn't Jack's fault we lost. We were crap as a team from quarter time to midway through the 3rd and then got screwed in the last by dodgy umpiring.

By the way how's Drew Petrie going this year Ralphy and Maclure? Or how about the Pods?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

gerkin greg

« Reply #2089 on: May 02, 2013, 10:16:00 AM »
King and McClure took Jack's response as an attack on them and reckon he should pull his head in even further  ::)

H8rz gonna H8

Apparently McClure watched him (from his lounge room) on Friday and he did all these things wrong. Said he'd like to sit with him and go through his tape. From that tape he came up with McPharlin taking a mark from a poor inside 50 kick and Jack showing his frustration at the kicker, and Jack cranky after we lost. LMFAO

dwaino

« Reply #2090 on: May 02, 2013, 10:20:57 AM »
Haters got to hate. Jack is still third on the goalkicking and barring injury is likely to be challenging for his 3rd Coleman medal. Yeah we lost and McPharlin beat Jack but it wasn't Jack's fault we lost. We were crap as a team from quarter time to midway through the 3rd and then got screwed in the last by dodgy umpiring.

By the way how's Drew Petrie going this year Ralphy and Maclure? Or how about the Pods?

MaClure on 360 last night said something like "if he was doing some other role then it would be ok" and all I could say was "like when he took Jamison out of the game you peanut?" MaClure is one of the biggest primadonnas himself and does nothing but dribble rubbish.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2091 on: May 02, 2013, 10:40:06 AM »
Said it before will say it again what you see on the TV is very different to what you see at the ground. McClure should remember that

I was listening to 3AW last night between 6.30 to 7.00 on my way to an appointment and some nuffer rang up and said he watched the entire game on the TV and the sole reason we lost was because of Jack refused to chase for the whole game. I nearly drove off the road. He didn't chase for the entire game and this bozo got this from the telly  :banghead. I was at the game and that statement is just pure crap, he did chase. Granted some of his 2nd efforts were not up to scratch but suggest he didn't chase for the entire match is ludicrous

I tried to call through to counter argue but what a surprise the lines were busy

And BTW the nuffer won a prize for his call  :banghead

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2092 on: May 02, 2013, 01:47:36 PM »

Said it before will say it again what you see on the TV is very different to what you see at the ground. McClure should remember thatIt's crap like that WP that inflame the blood of pure footy fans. These nuff nuffs are just that who just want to hear themselves on radio and what to spiel what the popular view is using a fancy word here or there and making themselves sound like students of the game when really they are just clogging talk back lines and giving credence to the journos and their short sighted simpleton views so as they can audiences to hear their program's and morons to read their papers.

I was listening to 3AW last night between 6.30 to 7.00 on my way to an appointment and some nuffer rang up and said he watched the entire game on the TV and the sole reason we lost was because of Jack refused to chase for the whole game. I nearly drove off the road. He didn't chase for the entire game and this bozo got this from the telly  :banghead. I was at the game and that statement is just pure crap, he did chase. Granted some of his 2nd efforts were not up to scratch but suggest he didn't chase for the entire match is ludicrous

I tried to call through to counter argue but what a surprise the lines were busy

And BTW the nuffer won a prize for his call  :banghead

It's crap like that WP that inflame the blood of pure footy fans. These nuff nuffs are just that who just want to hear themselves on radio and what to spiel what the popular view is using a fancy word here or there and making themselves sound like students of the game when really they are just clogging talk back lines and giving credence to the journos and their short sighted simpleton views so as they can audiences to hear their program's and morons to read their papers.

But of course WP if you were to get on you'd get a thanks for your call and not even the respect of making comment on what you've said and they would conveniently talk about something else because these hosts and journos don't deal in truth but deal in facts. Facts that were either heard or seen in the second or third person. :thumbsup

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2093 on: May 02, 2013, 03:51:45 PM »

MaClure on 360 last night said something like "if he was doing some other role then it would be ok" and all I could say was "like when he took Jamison out of the game you peanut?" MaClure is one of the biggest primadonnas himself and does nothing but dribble rubbish.
:cheers
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2094 on: May 03, 2013, 01:24:48 AM »
Richmond coach Damien Hardwick says Jack Riewoldt's defensive side needs adjustment

Rebecca Williams
    May 03, 2013

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick says it is Jack Riewoldt's defensive game rather than his on-field attitude that needs adjusting after last week's loss to Fremantle.

Riewoldt's on-field behaviour in the one-point loss to the Dockers has been put under the spotlight, with commentator Mark Maclure labelling him a "prima donna".

But Hardwick said today his biggest concern with Riewoldt's game last week was that his defensive play was not up to the standard he expected.

"We spoke on Monday about his game and he was disappointed,'' Hardwick said.

"Offensively he is always going to have ups and downs. He played on a quality opponent, Luke McPharlin. We were disappointed with his defensive aspects of his game.

"We felt, and Jack would be the first to admit, that he didn't chase hard enough and his defensive efforts weren't to his usual standard.

"I thought he had a below standard game on the weekend and he would be the first one to agree with that.''

Hardwick said Riewoldt's passion was one of his great attributes as a player, but admitted the Tigers would like to harness it at times.

"He is a passionate individual and that's part of the reason that makes him a great player,'' Hardwick said.

"You look at most strikers across the league and within the AFL, they're passionate players.

"Travis Cloke, Buddy Franklin...all these type of players...they play with passion and Jack is no different.

"Do we want him to harness that passion at times? Of course we do...that is something he has to work on and he accepts that.''

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-says-jack-riewoldts-defensive-side-needs-adjustment/story-e6frf9mx-1226633964168

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2095 on: May 03, 2013, 01:26:24 AM »
Tigers midfield to blame for Jack Riewoldt's performance, Brendan Fevola says

Adrian Ballantyne
    May 02, 2013 11:23PM

FORMER AFL forward Brendan Fevola says Richmond's midfield is the cause of Jack Riewoldt's poor performance against Fremantle.

Fevola sympathised with Riewoldt and said the Tiger forward's performance was crippled by his own team's delivery into the forward line.

That assessment was despite Richmond coach Damien Hardwick criticising Riewoldt's defensive efforts and acknowledging he had played a "below standard" game.

But Fevola trained his sights on Richmond's midfield, which includes stars Trent Cotchin, Brett Deledio and Dustin Martin, as the reason for Riewoldt's ordinary outing.

"Last week obviously he played against a team with Ross Lyon as a coach, who's got great defenders, they play a great defensive game," Fevola - a controversial 204-game veteran at Carlton and Brisbane - said on the Footy Show.

"He played on Luke McPharlin, who I'd rate as probably my hardest opponent I've ever played on.

"It's always going to be a tough day and it doesn't help when the ball's getting kicked on his head.

"With forwards it's very hard. You might get four or five opportunities ... so when you get that chance you want the ball kicked there."

"You do get frustrated, you're only as good as your midfield."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/tigers-midfield-to-blame-for-jack-riewoldts-performance-brendan-fevola-says/story-e6frf9mx-1226634273720

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2096 on: May 03, 2013, 07:07:55 AM »
A fair call. You are only as good as your midfield. Delivery into the forwardline is critical. I hope that Jack comes out firing. Didn't think much of McClure as a player think less of him as a journalist 

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2097 on: May 03, 2013, 08:05:24 AM »
RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick says it is Jack Riewoldt's defensive game rather than his on-field attitude that needs adjusting after last week's loss to Fremantle.

I'd have thought that his defensive side would be largely influenced by his on field attitude.?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2098 on: May 03, 2013, 12:14:51 PM »

I'd have thought that his defensive side would be largely influenced by his on field attitude.?

Nice pick up - I'm sure dimma might concede that behind closed doors
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #2099 on: May 03, 2013, 03:22:51 PM »
Just watched Dimma's Dissection and it is as clear as day that Jack had the opportunity to be the extra man deep in Defence if he wanted too. Even after Maric gesticulated to him he didn't budge from the 50 metre arc. This is what Dimma was referring to when he criticised Jack's defensive work.