Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 465570 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #2100 on: May 03, 2013, 07:12:38 PM »
which comes down to attitude.

i hope he gave him a rocket
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #2101 on: May 03, 2013, 07:24:36 PM »
Just watched Dimma's Dissection and it is as clear as day that Jack had the opportunity to be the extra man deep in Defence if he wanted too. Even after Maric gesticulated to him he didn't budge from the 50 metre arc. This is what Dimma was referring to when he criticised Jack's defensive work.

Richo would have been down back.

:cheers

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2102 on: May 04, 2013, 09:10:58 AM »
which comes down to attitude.

i hope he gave him a rocket

No doubt, wonder if Jack can help himself when he hits the ground tonight
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2103 on: May 04, 2013, 10:29:48 AM »
Just watched Dimma's Dissection and it is as clear as day that Jack had the opportunity to be the extra man deep in Defence if he wanted too. Even after Maric gesticulated to him he didn't budge from the 50 metre arc. This is what Dimma was referring to when he criticised Jack's defensive work.

Richo would have been down back.

:cheers

That is exactly what I mentioned the other day. He is clearly not as smart as Richo or Benny Gale for that matter.

I lost count how many times they gut ran to the back 50 in games like that to take telling marks. Jack wouldnt have done it more than a few times in any game I've seen him play.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #2104 on: May 04, 2013, 04:08:05 PM »
poo we need a big game from Jackie boy tonight.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2105 on: May 04, 2013, 04:15:39 PM »
Trade the bum

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2106 on: May 04, 2013, 05:59:22 PM »
Trade the bum

He shouldn't be above getting the odd whack - maybe that's the problem
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2107 on: May 05, 2013, 07:25:21 AM »
Jack Riewoldt gets a pass mark but he couldn't spear the Tigers to victory

Bruce Matthews
    May 04, 2013 10:43PM

PASSIONATE or petulant. Jack Riewoldt so polarises opinion to the extreme.

Gone were the public displays of displeasure that provoked the ire of two premiership players and now respected media commentators last week.

Jumping Jack was all concentration despite fighting a losing battle to scrounge kicks and goals against probably the most organised and miserly backline in the competition.

That Riewoldt booted three goals and set up two more gave the maligned Richmond key forward a pass mark in his battle with Geelong defender Tom Lonergan.

It was far from a match-influencing performance, but he had excuses. And plenty of them, particularly in the second half with haphazard delivery from Tiger teammates inside his forward 50 domain.

No one in the AFL can expect to get a look at a high ball when they have to contend with a tangle of arms from Lonergan and his backline mates Harry Taylor and Andrew Mackie. Simply, Riewoldt had to earn every one of his possessions.

On a perfect night for the high-flying forwards, it was absolutely no consolation for Richmond that Cats counterparts Tom Hawkins and James Podsiadly also impacted only sporadically in the ebb and flow of what was a fierce contest for three quarters.

But the value of Hawkins and Podsiadly was to present targets and hit the contests hard to at least bring the ball to ground for those dangerous little crumbers like Mathew Stokes and Allen Christensen.

Aside from opportunist Jake King, Riewoldt had no such company to apply scoreboard pressure to the efficient Cats.

Riewoldt literally couldn't wait to get out onto the MCG turf last night ... dressed and ready to go, he was jogging along the Members side boundary line during the little leaguers games more than an hour before the main event.

A cursory wave to a couple of kids who recognised him, he then settled for 20m kicks to assistant coach Brendon Lade for several minutes just to warm to the task.

It was far from the ideal start either for the scrutinised forward when he limped to the interchange gate and down the steps into the dressing rooms after a heavy knock his very first contest.

But Tiger fans breathed easier when their goalkicking ace returned after only two minutes and trotted to Lonergan's side.

The dual Coleman medallist's first contribution was all about team as he tapped a loose ball ruckman-style to release little King to snap a goal early in the first quarter.

And he was on the scoresheet a minute later with a contested mark on the edge of the goal square to play his part in the Tigers' fast start.

When Riewoldt marked a difficult floating kick from Ricky Petterd early in the second term, he held the ball aloft in one hand before slotting the goal from 20m.

It was the sole example of the showman on a night that was all about business to try to unhinge this slick Geelong unit.

The team man to the end. Alas, he could only do so much alone and watched helplessly from the other end as the Cats ran away in the second half.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/jack-riewoldt-gets-a-pass-mark-but-he-couldnt-spear-the-tigers-to-victory/story-e6frf9mx-1226635293477

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2108 on: May 09, 2013, 12:11:49 PM »
Tigers go into bat for Riewoldt

Richmond officials are dirty on a few journos taking pot shots at Jack Riewoldt. Said officials are especially dirty because they consider those journos have never been great performers. According to one of those officials, Riewoldt is doing all the team things asked of him and that's what it's all about at Tigerland.

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/the-shadowafl-rumour-file-233996

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2109 on: May 09, 2013, 12:58:47 PM »
Tigers go into bat for Riewoldt

Richmond officials are dirty on a few journos taking pot shots at Jack Riewoldt. Said officials are especially dirty because they consider those journos have never been great performers. According to one of those officials, Riewoldt is doing all the team things asked of him and that's what it's all about at Tigerland.

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/the-shadowafl-rumour-file-233996

Lol what about some feral fans, never performed a day in their life

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #2110 on: May 09, 2013, 02:49:43 PM »
Full forward.
Lead create an option, mark ball and kick goals.
Defensive pressure when opposition has ball.

.....It's not rocket science.

What he's great at is ability to help teammates with tap-ons, blocks etc.
What i have noticed is sometimes he's way ahead of his team mates when he does this and some of them have no idea, are dumb or haven't read the situation but he seems well aware of where they are most of the time.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2111 on: May 11, 2013, 05:19:57 AM »
Will all of Jack's critics in the media go just as hard at Hurley after last night's 'effort'? I won't hold my breath  :whistle.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

gerkin greg

« Reply #2112 on: May 11, 2013, 09:51:52 AM »
Hurley is fat

Missing his AOD milkshakes

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2113 on: May 11, 2013, 11:14:00 AM »
Hurley is the most over rated player going around

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2114 on: May 11, 2013, 04:46:16 PM »
Jack shut up his critics today. Back in (equal) front in the Coleman too.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd