Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 466063 times)

Gigantor

Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #2205 on: July 07, 2013, 11:32:03 AM »
Of all our woeful players yesterday ,jack disappointed me most. For many years we talked about Richos poor body language. Well I'm afraid to say it but jacks is probably worse. With Richo yes he would spit the dummy but come the next contest he would go at it 100%.Like I said in an earlier post I noticed jack was off very early in the game,he just seemed disinterested,and maybe that sort of attitude coming from one of the superstars of the club ,infiltrates the whole playing group.There was one occasion I think in the 3rd quarter when jack was sitting on the pine and came back on ,well he walked onto the ground and walked to his position,to me that's just unacceptable

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2206 on: July 07, 2013, 11:40:35 AM »
Y didn't jack go ruck rover or CHB. when thru kick thousands of goals?

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2207 on: July 07, 2013, 11:46:14 AM »
Bye jack
Welcome Tom Boyd.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2208 on: July 07, 2013, 11:50:16 AM »
What's the coach doing?

In the collingwood game he was influencal when we got flogged

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #2209 on: July 07, 2013, 03:19:07 PM »
Hard playing as a forward sometimes. We just have to accept that the lad is a sook and it will come out at times. He's been fantastic this year but yesterday not his best effort

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2210 on: July 07, 2013, 03:22:53 PM »
This prick is the Gen Y poster boy

I wanna smash him
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2211 on: July 07, 2013, 09:56:52 PM »
Hard playing as a forward sometimes. We just have to accept that the lad is a sook and it will come out at times. He's been fantastic this year but yesterday not his best effort

Agree Coach. Was poo yesterday, but his year has generally been very good.
Basically our whole team was poo yesterday.

gerkin greg

« Reply #2212 on: July 08, 2013, 09:55:58 AM »
i'd spit if my teammates continually bombed the ball on my head in a 2-1 or 3-1 contest or constantly kicked the ball to the advantage of my opponents, especially if they were told all week not too, were told again at qtr time, and again at half time

be bloody frustrating watching the elite richmond midfield at work some times, if he was a real leader he would have given them an absolute bake after the game

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2213 on: July 08, 2013, 10:18:54 AM »
i'd spit if my teammates continually bombed the ball on my head in a 2-1 or 3-1 contest or constantly kicked the ball to the advantage of my opponents, especially if they were told all week not too, were told again at qtr time, and again at half time

be bloody frustrating watching the elite richmond midfield at work some times, if he was a real leader he would have given them an absolute bake after the game

Agree if Richo was playing he would have gone off multiple times at the crappy delivery

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2214 on: July 08, 2013, 04:44:38 PM »

that was doing my head in and originally i put it down to hardwick being outcoached match day, but from his aftermatch presser they were expecting what north did and trained for it, but the players just bombed long rather than do what they should have, which played right onto norths hands.

I hope he gave them the greatest of bakes behind closed doors
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #2215 on: July 08, 2013, 05:05:57 PM »

Agree if Richo was playing he would have gone off multiple times at the crappy delivery

Spot on boys

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2216 on: July 10, 2013, 05:34:28 PM »
Jack be nimble

By Damian Barrett
afl.com.au
Wednesday, July 10, 2013

IT'S TIME for Richmond to unleash Jack Riewoldt.

To let him have his head, to encourage him to go looking for some "me time".

To allow him to gesticulate and arm-wave at his teammates.

To ensure he's directed a whole lot more inside-50 footy than he has been getting to this point of the 2013 season.

Riewoldt is far more a team player than many commentators acknowledge, yet at times he gives the impression he's feeling like a caged wild animal.

Coach Damien Hardwick's decision to make Riewoldt just one component of his big man options in the forward line, and not the option, is understandable and in keeping with accepted 2013 practice.

In also directing football to Tyrone Vickery, Luke McGuane and latterly Aaron Edwards, Hardwick is working toward having a versatile, unpredictable forward structure that always has opposition teams guessing.

But, with due respect to Vickery, McGuane and Edwards, they have nowhere near the football ability of the big man with whom they share Tigers' forward 50m space.

Opponents don't have the fear of god put into them when the Tigers direct inside-50 balls to those guys.

They do, though, when it heads Riewoldt's way.

Riewoldt hasn't cut loose in 2013, yet with 42 goals has just three fewer than Coleman Medal leader Josh Kennedy.

In 2013, Riewoldt's personal impact on the scoreboard is similar to the previous two seasons, managing about 20 per cent of the Tigers' score.

In 2010, when Riewoldt won his first Coleman Medal, his 78 goals equated to about 30 per cent of the Tigers' tally.

He is taking, on average, 0.6 fewer marks per match compared with 2012 figures (3.8), but 0.3 more than 2011.

This year, he has one bag of goals – seven in round two – and has twice booted five in a game.

Incredibly, Richmond directed more football to McGuane (25.4 per cent) in the nine matches he played than Riewoldt (24.1 per cent). Vickery is third with 18.2 per cent.

Since round 10, though, the Tigers have been looking for him on more occasions – Riewoldt 32.5 per cent, Vickery 18.7 per cent and Edwards 11.4 per cent.

So maybe change is already underway.

But one thing that cannot be recorded in statistical data is a player's x-Factor.

Riewoldt, more than any other Tiger, has a high X-Factor. When he's "on", he can be unstoppable.

Hardwick will obviously do with Riewoldt what he sees fit. And no doubt he is more than satisfied with how his forward structure has been ticking along in 2013.

Yet we'd suggest that, beginning this week against Gold Coast in Cairns, he removes the shackles on Riewoldt.

Then do it again the following week against Fremantle at the MCG.

The Dockers will be without their superstar defender Luke McPharlin in that game, so why not seek to put them even further out of their comfort zone?

Then the Sydney Swans await Richmond, followed by Hawthorn.

Richmond needs to do something different to what it has shown to this point of 2013 – it has been unable to defeat any team above it on the ladder - if it is to compete in that Freo-Swans-Hawks stretch.

Sixth on the ladder after 15 rounds is a significant achievement for Richmond, but there is a lot of footy left before the season can be properly judged as a success or failure.

Things could go either way from here.

Tricking things up a bit from here, including giving Riewoldt a licence to strut around as the main man, could even keep alive the outside hopes of a top-four finish.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-10/jack-be-nimble

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2217 on: July 10, 2013, 07:21:03 PM »
Thoughts? Im almost over it tbh forward line is disfunctional.
Jack always has 2 gorillas raping him though he doesnt always help his cause. Vickery is like a maniquinn on roller blades, 3rd tall is really been spare parts players in mcguane or A edwards
Midfield just roost the effin thing in there hoping for the best  ::).

Midfield need to start delivering accurate and precise kicks to jack leading through the centre of fwd 50 not this out to pockets rubbish. Unleash jack from his shackles, stick a rocket up vickerys arse and lets unleash mcbean  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2218 on: July 10, 2013, 07:23:43 PM »
Thoughts? Im almost over it tbh forward line is disfunctional.
Jack always has 2 gorillas raping him though he doesnt always help his cause. Vickery is like a maniquinn on roller blades, 3rd tall is really been spare parts players in mcguane or A edwards
Midfield just roost the effin thing in there hoping for the best  ::).

Midfield need to start delivering accurate and precise kicks to jack leading through the centre of fwd 50 not this out to pockets rubbish. Unleash jack from his shackles, stick a rocket up vickerys arse and lets unleash mcbean  :shh

Good post

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2219 on: July 10, 2013, 07:47:12 PM »

Work it out ya stuffin princess. On a platter? Try that poo in the 70s poster boy  :lol
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”