Author Topic: The Casey Fishhead Just Keeps On Rotting / AFL probes Tigers' property dealings  (Read 3328 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AFL probes Tigers' property dealings (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 03:21:00 AM »
AFL probes Tigers' property dealings
Damian Barrett | February 18, 2009

THE AFL has opened an investigation into former Richmond president Clinton Casey's financial dealings with Tigers players.

After the Herald Sun last week revealed three senior Richmond players were considering legal options against Casey, the AFL's investigations manager Ken Wood decided to step in to analyse whether the issue constituted a breach of the club's salary cap.

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou confirmed the league's football operations department was investigating the Tigers.

"It is a football operations issue," Demetriou said.

"If anything untoward was to come out of it, it would have to come before the (AFL) commission, and I would have to be one of the determinants of it.

"I don't know what's going on there, other than I do know Adrian (Anderson, AFL general manager football operations) and Ken are looking into it.

"Ken said he was obligated to look at it."

The Herald Sun last week revealed Matthew Richardson, Nathan Brown and Kane Johnson were plotting legal action against Casey over deals relating to Torquay properties bought from a Casey-controlled company.

The players claim they were promised financial returns that have not materialised.

"It is now with Adrian and Ken. I have no visibility on it, and I don't know where it is going to go," Demetriou said.

"I am on the (AFL) commission, and if it ever comes across the commission table, I have to distance myself from it."

It has been widely discussed in football circles that the vast land holdings of Casey, president of Richmond from 2000 to 2005, were used by the Tigers to retain key players and lure others, raising suggestions of salary cap breaches.

Casey last week denied the deals with the three players constituted a breach of the salary cap.

He said the matter was a "private issue".

Richmond president Gary March also was confident the club was not exposed to a salary cap infringement.

"This is like a number of other player deals relating to third party property deals," March said.

"It is an issue the players are trying to resolve themselves, in relation to some property they own."

The action by the three Tigers against Casey comes recently after the club settled out of court a dispute involving former player Ben Holland.

Documents lodged in the Supreme Court revealed Holland was seeking more than $500,000 from Casey and the club, claiming investment and business opportunities, pledged in contract negotiations, were not delivered.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25070688-19742,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: AFL probes Tigers' property dealings (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 12:02:36 PM »
It has been widely discussed in football circles that the vast land holdings of Casey, president of Richmond from 2000 to 2005, were used by the Tigers to retain key players and lure others, raising suggestions of salary cap breaches.
Yep so widely discussed that Barrett you're the only one in the media talking about it and have used the same emotive language and unsubstanciated paragraph in your last 3 articles as though it is fact  ::)  :banghead.

I won't be holding my breath that Barrett will be the journo who writes the story that the RFC has been cleared of any wrongdoings. Head back to the gutter Barrett where you belong  :sleep.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: The Casey Fishhead Just Keeps On Rotting
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 12:49:30 PM »
Someone on here a while ago mentioned that they thought Barrett was a Collingwood supporter.  Does anyone know for a fact if this is true?  I have had someone else suggest he follows the Kangaroos - just wondering?
I believe Barrett follows the Roos. There's even some conspiracy talk that this is a sort of payback for Caro's negative stories about North when all that Gold Coast drama was happening.

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
I thought this had been investigated ages ago anyway.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

richmondrules

I believe Barrett follows the Roos. There's even some conspiracy talk that this is a sort of payback for Caro's negative stories about North when all that Gold Coast drama was happening.

Good luck to him with that and his 17,000 members.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
 :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep

:nopity :nopity :nopity
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
I thought this had been investigated ages ago anyway.

the afl has been there and done that, nothing in this.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Greg Denham when asked about this says he "has no idea what is going on."

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Here is the next thing this twit will write.

Kayne Pettifer subway deal goes sour
Day me ann Carrot | 19th February 2009

It has come to my attention that Richmond AFL player Kayne Pettifer is currently in discussions with multi-national sandwich giant, Subway over an alleged dispute about Cheese not being included in his ordered sub when promised. Pettifer claims that he requested cheese on his sub only to find when he returned home to eat said sandwich that there was actually no cheese on the sub at all.

As the highly acclaimed investigative sports journalist that I am, I decided to do some digging and under the AFL salary cap regulations, section 16, sub paragraph 4, It may be construed that cheese may in fact be a fringe benefit and therefore a potential salary cap breech. As we all know, Salary cap breeches are always serious no matter the circumstances and if Subway were to compensate Kayne on his next visit, then this gratuity of extra cheese if not declared could potentially put the Richmond Football Clubs future in Jeopardy.   

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
 :rollin

Sounds like Petts is in a pickle tiga .... boom tish  ;D. LOL at "Day me ann Carrot"  :lol

You should try attempting to tell idiot opposition supporters on BF there's nothing in this. All you get is "It's in the paper and being investigated by AFL so there must be something fishy"  ::)  :sleep.

I'm told the RFC asked for the investigation to clear all this innuendo over these property deals as the writ doesn't involve the RFC. Blaisee or WP, is that right?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dermott Brereton in Casey property row (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2009, 06:00:32 AM »
Dermott Brereton in Casey row
Craig Hutchison | February 22, 2009

ANOTHER high-profile football figure has emerged in the dispute between three Richmond stars and former president Clinton Casey.

It's understood former Hawk Dermott Brereton is also in dispute with the Casey group over his property in the Torquay development.

A friend of the Caseys, Brereton is also challenging the scenario surrounding his investment.

The five-time premiership star was guarded yesterday about his plight or that of the Tigers.

"I've got no comment to make other than it's a fantastic development," he said. Casey could not be contacted.

The Herald Sun revealed this month that Tigers Matthew Richardson, Nathan Brown and Kane Johnson were seeking legal advice over their investments.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25087166-19742,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
There was no issue anyway but this should convince the AFL for a 3rd time that these property deals had nothing to do with the RFC.

I see Hutchy wrote this article. Nothing to bash Richmond over for Barrett to do it  ::).

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
I'm told the RFC asked for the investigation to clear all this innuendo over these property deals as the writ doesn't involve the RFC. Blaisee or WP, is that right?

Dont' know MT

I'll be honest I haven't paid much attention to this "story".

That's probably because it was written by Damien "I'm a doctor, Psychologist, financial expert and anything else but a journalist" Barrett
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com

Dont' know MT

I'll be honest I haven't paid much attention to this "story".

That's probably because it was written by Damien "I'm a doctor, Psychologist, financial expert and anything else but a journalist" Barrett
A man of many non-talents  ;D

No worries WP. If true I was going to use it to stick it up a couple of opposition supporters who were frothing in the mouth over this but I ended up shutting them up anyway lol.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
:rollin

yes mt this is indeed correct

This issue was resloved between the afl and rfc years ago. Its between casey and the players now.