Author Topic: Richmond is off to the Queensland hub on the Gold Coast  (Read 36443 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond is off to the Queensland hub on the Gold Coast
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2020, 06:12:44 PM »
Really, who gives a toss about this.  Media driven agenda once again.  Stick it up em Tigers

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2020, 07:37:01 PM »
Is it fact that Cotchin was going to or his wife suggested it ?.In all honestly club should put her in her place and if she keeps going she can go back to Vic.

Online amc11

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2020, 11:05:08 PM »
Is it fact that Cotchin was going to or his wife suggested it ?.In all honestly club should put her in her place and if she keeps going she can go back to Vic.

By the club putting her in her place I presume you mean staying exactly where Mrs Cotchin currently is - SUPPORTING her husband in his endeavors to lead his team to a fourth straight finals campaign! 

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2020, 11:33:38 PM »

By the club putting her in her place I presume you mean staying exactly where Mrs Cotchin currently is - SUPPORTING her husband in his endeavors to lead his team to a fourth straight finals campaign!

No I don't mean that this issue was done and dusted why they dragged it out again is the question no ones bigger then the club and nothing to do with our club this issue fullstop.If she doesn't like the hub rules and keeps at it send her home it's a distraction.

Online amc11

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2020, 08:41:47 AM »

No I don't mean that this issue was done and dusted why they dragged it out again is the question no ones bigger then the club and nothing to do with our club this issue fullstop.If she doesn't like the hub rules and keeps at it send her home it's a distraction.

Have you read the full article? 

Often reading just the headline gives a vastly different slant (deliberately so) in order to generate the clicks /sell the paper. There is absolutely nothing in the article to suggest Mrs Cotchin doesn't like the hub rules, in fact there is understanding and support for both the AFL and Richmond. 

Most parents (no matter how old their children are) will hurt when they are hurting and try to defend them as much as possible.  This appears to be what Rick Kennedy did when answering questions on MMM.  He also states his comments are his and not coming from Trent or Brooke Cotchin.  Mrs Gale defended her husband when she was asked about Rick Kennedy's comments. Again totally understandable human behaviour.

Mrs Cotchin made an inadvertent error - there was no law broken, rather afl hub protocol- and as much as people would like to throw dirt at her for that error, there were 4 other inadvertent errors around the same time including Nathan Buckley.  Mrs Cotchin has taken full ownership of the error, issued a public apology and has had to bear the brunt of the disgusting abuse hurled her way.  I was always taught while you may not like the person, you still respect the position they hold.  Mrs Cotchin is the wife of our two time premiership skipper and the mother of their children. 

Has anyone stopped to wonder why Richmond are getting so much seemingly negative press?  Reigning premiers for the second time in three years, 100000 members for the third straight year, tight knit group that other clubs are trying to emulate and other players talk about, an incredible club culture of embracing the imperfections.  Richmond are seen as a massive threat, not just in the premiership race but in defining the attitudes of professional sporting organisations.  The coaches and playing group won't be buying into the campaign to douse the light, they'll continue to do just as they have been doing, making the most of this year's extraordinary circumstances and support each other to be the best they can be in whatever they are doing be it on field or off.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2020, 10:58:56 AM »

Have you read the full article? 

Often reading just the headline gives a vastly different slant (deliberately so) in order to generate the clicks /sell the paper. There is absolutely nothing in the article to suggest Mrs Cotchin doesn't like the hub rules, in fact there is understanding and support for both the AFL and Richmond. 

Most parents (no matter how old their children are) will hurt when they are hurting and try to defend them as much as possible.  This appears to be what Rick Kennedy did when answering questions on MMM.  He also states his comments are his and not coming from Trent or Brooke Cotchin.  Mrs Gale defended her husband when she was asked about Rick Kennedy's comments. Again totally understandable human behaviour.

Mrs Cotchin made an inadvertent error - there was no law broken, rather afl hub protocol- and as much as people would like to throw dirt at her for that error, there were 4 other inadvertent errors around the same time including Nathan Buckley.  Mrs Cotchin has taken full ownership of the error, issued a public apology and has had to bear the brunt of the disgusting abuse hurled her way.  I was always taught while you may not like the person, you still respect the position they hold.  Mrs Cotchin is the wife of our two time premiership skipper and the mother of their children. 

Has anyone stopped to wonder why Richmond are getting so much seemingly negative press?  Reigning premiers for the second time in three years, 100000 members for the third straight year, tight knit group that other clubs are trying to emulate and other players talk about, an incredible club culture of embracing the imperfections.  Richmond are seen as a massive threat, not just in the premiership race but in defining the attitudes of professional sporting organisations.  The coaches and playing group won't be buying into the campaign to douse the light, they'll continue to do just as they have been doing, making the most of this year's extraordinary circumstances and support each other to be the best they can be in whatever they are doing be it on field or off.

Well said

But you want to know what stood out to me?

This:
"I was always taught while you may not like the person, you still respect the position they hold."

Why, because right now this just doesn't and isn't happening when it should. It certainly hasn't happened here.

And before the inevitable whacks start, I have copped an almighty hammering, vitriolic abuse on a specific social media platform for saying the exact same thing. But sometimes it isn't about the person it is about the position 
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2020, 11:16:10 AM »
Lets stop beating around the bush here.

We have a self entitled WAG that feels like she is doing the AFL a massive favour by relocating from her mansion in Melb to be with her husband in Qld.  She is also I expect high maintenance. 

The fact that she has been excluded from a chat group involving the other players wives says it all. 

This has the potential to derail our season because when the WAGs are unhappy you can guarantee that will impact on their partners. 

She needs to put on the 1st plane home and if the Captain decides to go with her so be it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 12:23:17 PM by Knighter »

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2020, 11:26:39 AM »

We have a self entitled WAG that feels like she is doing the AFL a massive favour by relocating from her mansion in Melb to be with her husband in Qld.  She is self entitled and I expect high maintenance. 

The fact that she has been excluded from a chat group involving the other players wives says it all. 

This has the potential to derail our season because when the WAGs are unhappy you can guarantee that will impact on their partners. 

She needs to put on the 1st plane home and if the Captain decides to go with her so be it.

This

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2020, 02:33:39 PM »
I hear she wears the pants alright. High maintenance indeed.

Even if that's not the case, 'influencers' make me sick, especially when they attach to a bigger figure in the first place.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2020, 02:54:52 PM »
I hear she wears the pants alright. High maintenance indeed.

Even if that's not the case, 'influencers' make me sick, especially when they attach to a bigger figure in the first place.

Agree - do you think the kids want to be part of the influencing process that these people leverage from?  Thats the sickening part.  They thrust the kids front and centre with no care for their wellbeing down the track.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2020, 10:01:43 PM »
Caro saying there will be more developments on the Richmond spa saga on Footy Classified tonight.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2020, 10:19:06 PM »
Fill us in who ever watches it thanks.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2020, 11:06:41 PM »
Caro claims Jane Gale commented via email to the journo without Benny or the Club's knowledge. That she reacted emotionally to what she saw as criticism of Benny and the club he runs. Benny was going to let Rick Kennedy's comments slide.

Club internally rejects the claim they didn't support the Cotchins and muzzled Brooke.

Cotch never threatened to leave though. He only suggested if it was considered the best thing to do. Benny & Dimma obviously said it was not and he was needed in the team.

Caro added that clearly people have struggled in the hubs and it's caused ppl to do odd things. The whole episode is just ppl getting over-emotional.   

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2020, 11:49:19 PM »

We have a self entitled WAG that feels like she is doing the AFL a massive favour by relocating from her mansion in Melb to be with her husband in Qld.  She is also I expect high maintenance. 

100% correct she's not bigger then the club and our captain needs to put his foot down.