Author Topic: Richmond is off to the Queensland hub on the Gold Coast  (Read 36489 times)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Richmond is off to the Queensland hub on the Gold Coast
« Reply #210 on: September 04, 2020, 07:18:00 PM »
$37,500 seems like an expensive kebab and lap dance

She’d better have been high quality

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #211 on: September 04, 2020, 07:27:57 PM »
Very concerned for the wellbeing of these two. Stack in particular is vulnerable and going home to WA might not be in his best interest. Some will say they deserve it and more, however i really think the punishment far exceeds the crime in this instance. Every human has made mistakes, multiple mistakes, but what defines us is learning from adversity should second chances be granted.
I for one hope they are cared for during the next period of time and receive support from the RFC and come back bigger and better in 2021.
We'll that's my take and i hope the thug gets his wack from the police for inciting violence.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #212 on: September 04, 2020, 07:32:03 PM »
Very concerned for the wellbeing of these two. Stack in particular is vulnerable and going home to WA might not be in his best interest. Some will say they deserve it and more, however i really think the punishment far exceeds the crime in this instance. Every human has made mistakes, multiple mistakes, but what defines us is learning from adversity should second chances be granted.
I for one hope they are cared for during the next period of time and receive support from the RFC and come back bigger and better in 2021.
We'll that's my take and i hope the thug gets his wack from the police for inciting violence.

Good post Mr Machine. We have a lot of suckhole supporters of the AFL on the big footy richmond boards. People supporting these sanctions
 What a disgrace. Disloyal pieces of poo.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #213 on: September 04, 2020, 07:50:03 PM »
They also copped an $800 fine from the cops.

source: Courier Mail & ABC news.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #214 on: September 04, 2020, 07:53:25 PM »
They should go back to Melb and wait this one out with the other players who stayed behind.

Not happy with them but I also don't want to lose them.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #215 on: September 04, 2020, 08:11:29 PM »
I noticed only the aboriginal player was taken into custody before being released.
My wife just pointed out its footy, strip club, kebabs and a fight
 Just another Saturday night normally.

Yep failing to see the issue

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #216 on: September 04, 2020, 08:13:34 PM »
The official penalty from the AFL:

CCJ & Stack suspended for 10 matches and sent home.

$100k club fine to the soft cap for 2021.

Sources: AFL via SEN.
https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch
https://twitter.com/LukeSchneider_7
https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/status/1301775960329519105

About right. The Qld Govt is out on a limb and the AFL would have had no choice but to hand out the biggest penalties possible.

Given CCJ and Stack both likely to be traded the games missed next year will be someone else's problem anyway.

No its not about right. Its a shameful vindictive attack on the RFC. Tbese players were attacked by a fat drunk and you reckon 10 weeks is fair? Dont be a clown its a disgrace.

Lol.

Take your tigers goggles off mate.

What they did was incredibly dumb in context of the COVID situation. 

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #217 on: September 04, 2020, 08:26:22 PM »
10 weeks is utter crap.Yeah they shouldn't have been out and broke hub rules punish them on that 10 weeks tho you had a player drunk smashed 4 cars got  4 weeks  , the footage supports that they were provoked and attacked just sitting down eating and so does the account of the kebab

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #218 on: September 04, 2020, 09:04:38 PM »

sorry WP, im calling BS on this one which is my opinion of course.

I dont buy that balmey was keen to stay back and work on a womans program, that lets be honest isnt going anywhere because it falls short of standards. That goes for his reason to stay behind and work on other matters.

No issue with you having an opinion

But I really wish you would read what I wrote in total

Where did I say "he was keen to stay back and work on the women's program"?

this is what I wrote

But

As I have said this many times but people fail to acknowledge or chose to accept it

But Neil Balme encouraged the changes in the footy department. Read he backed the changes (promotion) of Livingston & Hartley.

He has been involved the Women's program since day 1. He is a massive supporter of the women's program = he rates it.

Is he more involved going into season 2021, yes but was always going to be, being here in Melb

I am very much aware people don't rate it and that's fine but please don't use the women's program as ammo as to why he is not in QLD

He is heavily involved in other areas of the Club that during COVID are as crucial to the Club as his previous role in the Footy Dept

Just because a couple of journos have raised this "he's been demoted, shifted sideways" line doesn't make it accurate

And for people to think that those up there in QLD aren't talking to him, seeking his counsel on a variety footy related issues is rather naive

Skype, Zoom etc exist and are being used

So I am not sure how you've come to "keen to stay...." conclusion

But you seem to have missed or wont accept these 2 points I made
-  he was involved in the decision to promote the other 2,
- that he is involved in other arrears that crucial for the clubs future in this COVID environment

Furthermore, you can only assume Balmey is on the big bucks which makes it even more strange he is sitting in melbourne and zooming it with the boys. FFS even eddie is up there.

There is a big difference having balmey around in the flesh than having balmey zoom in on proceedings.

So Eddie is up there and Peggy isn't. So what does that have to do with it?

You are aware they were only allowed to send a fixed number originally? He was part of the decision making process of who went and stayed (source? the man himself via Zoom  ;D)

You are also aware that to cut costs a number of people were put on reduced hours at the beginning of the pandemic so the vast majority of staff left in Melbourne either got stood down or had their $ reduced. Not saying that is the case with Balme but there are alot more things in play here is all I am trying to say

Personally, I reckon we are a better club when he is around the footy department but seeing he was involved in the decision making process that led to changes in late 2019 going into season 2020; then I accept that call

Do I like it? No; but I do accept it because I have great trust and faith in Balmey

Unless you know something I don’t WP.  Otherwise it smells like a demotion with these 2 blokes taking over the work of Balmey.

Isn’t Livingston the one who is always on the ground near Diimma?

Bottom line is you pay someone the big bucks then put him in a spot where you get the results. Otherwise it says to me Livingston and hartley promoted and balmey demoted

If balmey departs in the near future we will know the reason
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #219 on: September 04, 2020, 09:55:58 PM »

About right. The Qld Govt is out on a limb and the AFL would have had no choice but to hand out the biggest penalties possible.

Given CCJ and Stack both likely to be traded the games missed next year will be someone else's problem anyway.

No its not about right. Its a shameful vindictive attack on the RFC. Tbese players were attacked by a fat drunk and you reckon 10 weeks is fair? Dont be a clown its a disgrace.

Lol.

Why does he have to take his tiger goggles off!

Two young guys did a dumb thing, doesn’t mean you can’t support them.
By the looks of it the fight wasn’t there fault, so for me that makes this nothing more than a really stupid thing to do.

Maybe these boys just wanted something to eat and maybe feel normal for a second.
I don’t give a poo either way- they are Tigers and did stuff all wrong IMO.

My Tiger goggles stay on just like they would if it were friends or family.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #220 on: September 04, 2020, 10:13:24 PM »
Keep  the boys on the list. Make them earn their spot. Move on, win another premiership, everyone hates us. Carlton can get stuffed!   :gotigers
The club that keeps giving.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #221 on: September 04, 2020, 10:15:37 PM »

Lol.

Why does he have to take his tiger goggles off!

Two young guys did a dumb thing, doesn’t mean you can’t support them.
By the looks of it the fight wasn’t there fault, so for me that makes this nothing more than a really stupid thing to do.

Maybe these boys just wanted something to eat and maybe feel normal for a second.
I don’t give a poo either way- they are Tigers and did stuff all wrong IMO.

My Tiger goggles stay on just like they would if it were friends or family.

Agree- we need to support them both and show empathy. Young men who can salvage a great career should it be handled the right way. I'm disappointed but prefer to show support for two people who deserve compassion, like we all would should any of our family or friends be in their position. Get around them :thumbsup

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: September 04, 2020, 10:16:11 PM »
Keep  the boys on the list. Make them earn their spot. Move on, win another premiership, everyone hates us. Carlton can get stuffed!   :gotigers

:clapping

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #223 on: September 04, 2020, 10:45:09 PM »
This is a serious stuff up. So in my view although the penalty is harsh it is fair. Fact is with it being our 2nd breach it could have been alot harsher.

I am angry because it is likely at least one person through no fault of their own is going to lose their job because of this stuff up because of the $100k reduction to our soft cap in season 2021(Benny admitted as much in his presser).  Whoever that is or if there are more than 1 they are also a Richmond person(s) and they deserve empathy as well. They deserve our support too

Nearly every person on this Forum is a member and have left their membership $$ with the Club; to help it through this COVID season. So if people want it be critical or are angry they have a right to

Having said that personally, I don't think either player should be traded or sacked. Going forward they need to work their backsides off to regain any respect and trust they may have lost or damaged with anyone from the Club. They stuffed up but they aren't the first and they won't be last but as long as they learn from it that is the most  important thing not just for the Club but the 2 guys too.

I have no doubt the Club will look after them, support them as the media vultures and others circle. And when I say Club I am talking about all areas of the Club including members and supporters.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: September 04, 2020, 10:53:08 PM »
This is a serious stuff up. So in my view although the penalty is harsh it is fair. Fact is with it being our 2nd breach it could have been alot harsher.

I am angry because it is likely at least one person through no fault of their own is going to lose their job because of this stuff up because of the $100k reduction to our soft cap in season 2021(Benny admitted as much in his presser).  Whoever that is or if there are more than 1 they are also a Richmond person(s) and they deserve empathy as well. They deserve our support too

Nearly every person on this Forum is a member and have left their membership $$ with the Club; to help it through this COVID season. So if people want it be critical or are angry they have a right to

Having said that personally, I don't think either player should be traded or sacked. Going forward they need to work their backsides off to regain any respect and trust they may have lost or damaged with anyone from the Club. They stuffed up but they aren't the first and they won't be last but as long as they learn from it that is the most  important thing not just for the Club but the 2 guys too.

I have no doubt the Club will look after them, support them as the media vultures and others circle. And when I say Club I am talking about all areas of the Club including members and supporters.

:clapping
Pertaining to the possibility of someone losing their position due to the fine, i am sure there are ways to ensure no one loses their position. Upper management might have already reduced their salary in recent times but we would have many employees on very good annual salaries who could absorb a small reduction. 20 employees taking a 5k reduction, no one needs to lose their position. Not ideal but manageable.