Author Topic: Richmond is off to the Queensland hub on the Gold Coast  (Read 36448 times)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond is off to the Queensland hub on the Gold Coast
« Reply #255 on: September 05, 2020, 06:49:46 PM »
Balmey is not a spring chicken anymore, he has earn’t  a  rest, and Richmond have a succession plan in place whilst he can be a mentor.
  I think a few saw the media where he seemed disappointed about not going with the team up north but not even Neil can stop someone who is hell bent on going out

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #256 on: September 05, 2020, 06:55:08 PM »
Furthermore, i understand Gale was under stress and pressure however it was a massive error in publicly announcing the players will be paying the fine. He should well understand this is not possible under the agreement and has just created added stoplight on the story.
Not his finest hour!!

Overall with his presser yesterday and the subsequent interviews last night he did very well

He clearly looked and sounded gutted with what has happened. Cannot blame him.

As he said he spent the last 4 weeks back on Melbourne telling a large part of our admin staff they no longer  have jobs. It hurt!

Don't think people realise what he and Peggy have had to deal with not just yesterday but all season. Leading our Club through this is a massive challenge and Benny in particular has been outstanding.

Think he deserves to be cut some slack
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #257 on: September 05, 2020, 07:21:40 PM »
Furthermore, i understand Gale was under stress and pressure however it was a massive error in publicly announcing the players will be paying the fine. He should well understand this is not possible under the agreement and has just created added stoplight on the story.
Not his finest hour!!

Overall with his presser yesterday and the subsequent interviews last night he did very well

He clearly looked and sounded gutted with what has happened. Cannot blame him.

As he said he spent the last 4 weeks back on Melbourne telling a large part of our admin staff they no longer  have jobs. It hurt!

Don't think people realise what he and Peggy have had to deal with not just yesterday but all season. Leading our Club through this is a massive challenge and Benny in particular has been outstanding.

Think he deserves to be cut some slack

They have done an amazing job but i think he might think twice about the comment given the chance. He should have not commented on who is responsible for paying the fine. Adds fuel to the fire as this is all the media are talking about...
Again, overall they have been brilliant  :clapping

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #258 on: September 05, 2020, 07:36:38 PM »
Nice support shown by Eddie Bets on instagram :thumbsup

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #259 on: September 05, 2020, 08:24:05 PM »
Nice support shown by Eddie Bets on instagram :thumbsup

Yes saw it on Twitter

Class act is Eddie Betts
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #260 on: September 05, 2020, 09:26:23 PM »
Have any of our players supported them on social media?.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #261 on: September 05, 2020, 09:48:13 PM »
Our players dont believe in showing support via social media. Ive heard rumours of how they will show rheir support and if true when people find out they will be amazed.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Stack, Coleman-Jones apologise for Gold Coast incident (Age)
« Reply #262 on: September 06, 2020, 03:13:05 AM »
'I own the consequences': Stack, Coleman-Jones apologise for Gold Coast incident

By Jon Pierik and Peter Ryan
The Age
September 6, 2020

Banished Richmond players Sydney Stack and Callum Coleman-Jones have apologised for breaching the AFL's COVID-19 protocols in Queensland, with Stack declaring he is intent on regaining the trust of the Tigers and the wider AFL community.

Stack, 21, and teammate Callum Coleman-Jones were involved in a fight outside a Gold Coast strip club early on Friday morning and have been sent home and suspended for 10 matches.

The Tigers were fined $100,000, which will be included in the 2021 soft cap, a penalty that will impact on the club's football department resources next season.

As a backroom stoush emerged on Saturday over who should pay the fine, Stack arrived in Adelaide en route to Melbourne and apologised for his actions.

"I'm aware of the actions that I've made and I'm dealing with the consequences constantly," he told Channel Ten at Adelaide airport.

In a social media post, Stack added: "I'm very sorry, understand the seriousness of it and can do nothing now but own the consequences. I've let down the AFL, the club I love, my teammates, coaches and staff, its members and the Tiger Army.

"I have also let down my family, my friends and all of those who have helped me along the way. To those who are supporting me at the moment, a huge thanks. I only hope going forward I can rebuild trust in me again."

Coleman-Jones has also apologised for the incident that has left the Tigers and AFL embarrassed.

"I take full responsibility for what I have done and am extremely remorseful. I have let a lot of people down, including the football club, the AFL, the Queensland government, my friends and family, and the wider community," he wrote on social media.

"I realise what I did was selfish and had the potential to jeopardise the continuation of the competition being played in Queensland."

Stack was detained by police after the alleged fight but was released a short time later. Coleman-Jones went to hospital but the pair returned to the Tigers' Gold Coast hub before being sent home.

Stack has played 26 matches and has limited support in Melbourne because of the state's lockdown restrictions.

The fine comprises $75,000 through this indiscretion and $25,000 as a result of a suspended fine handed to captain Trent Cotchin's wife for an earlier breach when she visited a day spa.

The Tigers say the duo will be responsible for paying $75,000 but Stack's manager Paul Peos insists his client will not do so.

AFL general manager of football Steve Hocking said the club, rather than the players, had to foot the bill.

"Everyone agreed that fines should go into the soft cap, it should be a whole-of-club sanction," he said.

"It's team accountability and a team response and a leadership requirement from everybody. There's been some questions around why it has to come out of the soft cap, really everyone has ownership of this and it's a club-wide leadership piece."

AFL Players' Association boss Paul Marsh and Tigers chief Brendon Gale are expected to discuss the matter further to determine whether a compromise could be reached, as the Tigers are aware that any fine they pay is a cost to members.

"Young people make mistakes, these are very, very serious mistakes, they've put our club and the competition at risk," Gale said.

"They'll learn from it and we'll put our arm around them and we're there to help them regain the trust and respect of our football club and the community."

The AFLPA argues that the pair will lose income as a result of the 10-match ban and therefore should not also be penalised through paying the fine.

Queensland Deputy Premier Steven Miles had strong words for the Tigers duo.

"Our sporting stars are leaders of our community, young people look up to them, and just what I've heard suggests these two blokes deserve to be sent home. It's good to see they've been sent home, the AFL has acted pretty strongly, a 10-week ban is a very significant ban," Miles said.

"They've let down their teams, they've let down their communities, they've let down their families."

Miles defended the treatment offered to AFL officials and staff in the sport's Queensland COVID-19 bubble, saying the code was operating under a well-established COVID-Safe plan, and the AFL's actions against the Richmond duo showed how seriously it took any breaches.

He said the code was not issued special exemptions but was allowed into the state due to that plan.

"The AFL's COVID-Safe plan has been proven to work and proven to be safe. It's important to remember that none of these measures are designed to be punitive ... they're just designed to keep people safe and in this case, the AFL COVID-Safe plan has been proven to keep people safe," Miles said.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/i-own-the-consequences-stack-apologises-for-gold-coast-incident-20200905-p55spq.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Stack won’t pay fine for COVID breaches, manager says (SportingNews)
« Reply #263 on: September 06, 2020, 03:24:21 AM »
Richmond’s Sydney Stack won’t pay fine for COVID breaches at strip club, manager says

Jasper Bruce
sportingnews.com
6 September 2020

Speaking on WA Sports Talk on Saturday, Stack’s manager Paul Peos rubbished any suggestion that his client would personally foot the bill.

“It’s pretty clear that the player is not responsible in relation to the fine part of it on the basis that they accept whatever sanctions are sent down to them,” Peos said.

Peos pointed to the fact that Stack, like most of his AFL teammates, has already taken a pay cut during the interrupted 2020 season.

“The simple answer is a second-year player that has to play on half his money anyway can’t afford a 37-and-a-half or 75 or 100 grand fine," he said.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/richmonds-sydney-stack-wont-pay-fine-for-covid-breaches-at-strip-club-manager-says/1qh4z2rk6zzs10xbblhs0qi3a

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #264 on: September 06, 2020, 08:06:59 AM »
Our players dont believe in showing support via social media. Ive heard rumours of how they will show rheir support and if true when people find out they will be amazed.

Enlightened us mate what to expect ?. Why a the polictians getting involved adding more fuel to the fire.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #265 on: September 06, 2020, 10:32:43 AM »
The official penalty from the AFL:

CCJ & Stack suspended for 10 matches and sent home.

$100k club fine to the soft cap for 2021.

Sources: AFL via SEN.
https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch
https://twitter.com/LukeSchneider_7
https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/status/1301775960329519105

About right. The Qld Govt is out on a limb and the AFL would have had no choice but to hand out the biggest penalties possible.

Given CCJ and Stack both likely to be traded the games missed next year will be someone else's problem anyway.

No its not about right. Its a shameful vindictive attack on the RFC. Tbese players were attacked by a fat drunk and you reckon 10 weeks is fair? Dont be a clown its a disgrace.

Lol.

Take your tigers goggles off mate.

What they did was incredibly dumb in context of the COVID situation.
Why does he have to take his tiger goggles off!

Two young guys did a dumb thing, doesn’t mean you can’t support them.
By the looks of it the fight wasn’t there fault, so for me that makes this nothing more than a really stupid thing to do.

Maybe these boys just wanted something to eat and maybe feel normal for a second.
I don’t give a poo either way- they are Tigers and did stuff all wrong IMO.

My Tiger goggles stay on just like they would if it were friends or family.

Where did I say that we shouldn’t support these boys? Of course we should and that goes for all Richmond players no matter what they have done.

But the whole QLD hub situation is very delicately placed and the AFL was always going to punish them severely, regardless or what club they play for.

The suggestion that the punishment is some sort of anti-Richmond conspiracy is just dumb.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #266 on: September 06, 2020, 10:51:50 AM »
The official penalty from the AFL:

CCJ & Stack suspended for 10 matches and sent home.

$100k club fine to the soft cap for 2021.

Sources: AFL via SEN.
https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch
https://twitter.com/LukeSchneider_7
https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/status/1301775960329519105

About right. The Qld Govt is out on a limb and the AFL would have had no choice but to hand out the biggest penalties possible.

Given CCJ and Stack both likely to be traded the games missed next year will be someone else's problem anyway.

No its not about right. Its a shameful vindictive attack on the RFC. Tbese players were attacked by a fat drunk and you reckon 10 weeks is fair? Dont be a clown its a disgrace.

Lol.

Take your tigers goggles off mate.

What they did was incredibly dumb in context of the COVID situation.
Why does he have to take his tiger goggles off!

Two young guys did a dumb thing, doesn’t mean you can’t support them.
By the looks of it the fight wasn’t there fault, so for me that makes this nothing more than a really stupid thing to do.

Maybe these boys just wanted something to eat and maybe feel normal for a second.
I don’t give a poo either way- they are Tigers and did stuff all wrong IMO.

My Tiger goggles stay on just like they would if it were friends or family.

Where did I say that we shouldn’t support these boys? Of course we should and that goes for all Richmond players no matter what they have done.

But the whole QLD hub situation is very delicately placed and the AFL was always going to punish them severely, regardless or what club they play for.

The suggestion that the punishment is some sort of anti-Richmond conspiracy is just dumb.
Was that post for me Willy?
I didn’t mention anything about punishments.

To be honest I don’t care what the punishments are, as long as they are fair. And I think Stack and CCJ think the same.
My post was just to support the boys as they made a mistake.
And the whole fight thing was not there fault.
Just some gutless wanker trying to be tough.
I wish they gave him a good kicking. 

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #267 on: September 06, 2020, 10:57:58 AM »
I’m not sure if anyone has mention this, but I heard on SEN (Dwayne Russell) that apparently players are aloud to leave the hub during the day to get coffees??

Did anyone else hear that?

If that is true, the entire thing is farce.
And you can potentially see why Stack and CCJ were pretty blasé about being out of the hub.
No hats down over their faces trying to hide, nothing...

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #268 on: September 06, 2020, 11:38:36 AM »
And they are allowed to get takeaway food.
There is no player curfew times like we have here in Melbourne. The fact that they were out and about at 3am looks bad.

The fault was the uber drive and the venue they attended. These were a violation of AFL restriction guidelines.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #269 on: September 06, 2020, 12:31:24 PM »

Pending :shh