Author Topic: Probably going to keep our early picks: Cameron (Australian)  (Read 1162 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Probably going to keep our early picks: Cameron (Australian)
« on: October 02, 2008, 03:58:53 AM »
Stephen Rielly and Greg Denham | The Australian | October 02, 2008

Richmond's general manager of football operations, Craig Cameron, yesterday said the Tigers were "probably" going to keep their early picks.

"So that really restricts what we can do," Cameron said. "We'd be keen on a ruckman, but there aren't that many available."

Richmond will enter next week's trade period with its first two selections at No. 8 and 26 overall, and appear out of the running for former Fremantle ruckman Robbie Warnock, who wants to be traded to Carlton.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24433069-5012432,00.html

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Probably going to keep our early picks: Cameron (Australian)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 10:13:31 AM »
It's the Carlton of old isn't it - buying up the best players with an open chequebook. I hate the Bluebaggers.

Regardless I think Warnock is demanding too much for someone who has shown nothing to date. I'm hoping we pick up that Vickory (is that the correct name of the forward/ruckman?) with our first pick.

Stripes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 04:10:25 PM »
Still plenty of brown paper bags under the desk at Visyland  ::)

If Warnock is off to Carlton then I hope we hold onto our current picks and trade for another 2nd rounder. We'll stick to developing our own rather than topping up like the bluebaggers.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 05:33:15 PM »
you gotta love the blues dont you.

it wouldn't be a competton without them

warnock, judd, o'keefe, richo, Andy D, sam lane. i mean who else did they wanna draft with their open cheque book/visy board policy
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 06:39:23 PM »
When is Andy D's tenure about to end as CEO? :pray
With his conflict of interest one would only hope one of the first things on the agenda of an incoming AFL CEO would be to slap Carlscum with some more salary cap restrictions. This cannot go on unless of course Mike Fitzpatrick gets the nod in the future.  :banghead

Should they get a player(s) demanding top end bucks like Warnock O'Keefe Kerr the problem they do have is then having to keep the players who they've nurtured from day 1 like the Walkers Gibbs Carazzo etc who will be pushing hard for appropriate renumerations when their next contracts come along and that in itself may expose the gaps in their accounting, list management and pretty much the whole place since the dawn of time.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 06:51:41 PM »

Should they get a player(s) demanding top end bucks like Warnock O'Keefe Kerr the problem they do have is then having to keep the players who they've nurtured from day 1 like the Walkers Gibbs Carazzo etc who will be pushing hard for appropriate renumerations when their next contracts come along and that in itself may expose the gaps in their accounting, list management and pretty much the whole place since the dawn of time.

And I don't think I could contain my joy if they got done again.   :scream :scream :scream

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 09:46:26 PM »
If it does happen it couldn't happen to a more deserving club twice :pray.

When is Andy D's tenure about to end as CEO? :pray
Andy D has been in the job for 5 years. Another 2 or 5 years to go  :P and Adrian Anderson might end up replacing Demetriou anyway :P.

Ross Oakley           1986-1996
Wayne Jackson       1996-2003
Andrew Demetriou  2003-
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 09:56:00 PM »
This cannot go on unless of course Mike Fitzpatrick gets the nod in the future. 

Mike is AFL chair of the board, he is not going to take a step down to CEO because Andy D now reports to him.