Author Topic: It's over  (Read 2885 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: It's over
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 01:06:47 PM »
Another wasted year  >:( Another year of thinking what if

I'm sick of missing out in the September fun watching some other team claim the glory, sick and tired of it   :banghead

My nephew is 12 now - I have been taking him every week now for near on 6/7 years - and he said that to me the other day - put a lump in me throat that did.

I want that feeling of walking to the G on a sunny september day to see the Tiges and I want it next year - sick of waiting.  :gotigers

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 03:58:33 PM »
I might finally get some work done on fridays.  :shh

What with Dreamteam, Supercoach, AFL tips (enter the whole families tips), Tigers +1 other, tip 4 and the OER Tipping competitions. The whole lot can take a quite a bit of time. At least I don't suck totally at that stuff.

I will miss the footy and the Tigers games most of all but from now until Feb is our busy time (at work) so its not so bad.

Boy it has gone fast, but it has been a better ride than many other years. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and just hope that it isn't just a train comming the other way.

:gotigers
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 04:04:13 PM »
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and just hope that it isn't just a train comming the other way.

:gotigers

Chuckles ......

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006, 06:10:31 PM »
Another wasted year  >:( Another year of thinking what if

I'm sick of missing out in the September fun watching some other team claim the glory, sick and tired of it   :banghead

My nephew is 12 now - I have been taking him every week now for near on 6/7 years - and he said that to me the other day - put a lump in me throat that did.

I want that feeling of walking to the G on a sunny september day to see the Tiges and I want it next year - sick of waiting.  :gotigers

We still need to be patient. It was only two years ago we were wooden spooners with a decimated list. I'd rather the club do things properly and wait till 2008-9 rather than go for a few quick fixes and we end up back where we've been the past 25 years - in mediocrityland.

Not sure if it'll be sunny but tomorrow is a September day at the 'G lol ;). I haven't seen the Tiges live in a final since the 82 GF  :-X.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2006, 06:19:36 PM »
Not sure if it'll be sunny but tomorrow is a September day at the 'G lol ;). I haven't seen the Tiges live in a final since the 82 GF  :-X.

MT - does this mean you are not planning your next overseas jaunt until 2008-2009?
 :whistle :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2006, 06:27:24 PM »

MT - does this mean you are not planning your next overseas jaunt until 2008-2009?
 :whistle :rollin

:ROTFL

I remember sending the club an email from Germany in 2001 after we had knocked off Carlton in the SF begging asking for a GF ticket if we made it (yep wishful thinking in hindsight  :-[ ). I was arriving back in Melbourne the day before GF day and even if I feel asleep at the 'G due to jetlag I didn't want to miss out on a granny after all these years. I'm still waiting  :wallywink.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd