Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 55747 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2023, 08:20:27 PM »
I don’t think anyone expected fly to have anywhere near the impact he is having at the pies. Don’t think too many on here rated him highly. we seemed to bottle a lot of vfl finals and limped over the line in the granny we did win.

Maybe just a case of right time, right place, right person with him and the pies.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2023, 08:23:30 PM »
Wow didn't see this coming.

Hope it's another hard man.

Offline sdc01

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2023, 09:36:53 PM »
Steve Morris the next Clarkson, McCrae

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2023, 10:02:03 PM »
I want Leppa back rated highly and along with McRae doing a good job at pies.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2023, 10:02:40 PM »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2023, 10:19:03 PM »
Matty Knights?

I wonder  :huh3
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2023, 11:00:40 PM »
How Damien Hardwick’s shock exit will spin AFL coach merry-go-round, and who’s riding it

David Zita, Max Laughton and Catherine Healey
Fox Sports
May 22nd, 2023 9:34 pm

The coaching landscape has shifted significantly with news Damien Hardwick will quit as Richmond coach on Tuesday.

Hardwick will quit the club and cease to be the AFL’s longest-serving active coach, having taken on the role in 2010.

There will now be no shortage of contenders to take over one of the biggest jobs in football.

KEN HINKLEY

As the current landscape sits, Ken Hinkley is the only senior coach in the league without a contract beyond 2023.

Port Adelaide has stood firm on its desire to park contract talks until later in the year, despite the Power currently on a seven-match win streak.

Hinkley’s future will now come into sharper focus.

“When a coach leaves a football club and a powerhouse like Richmond, it opens the door for great speculation from here until the end of the year. The first thing that came to our mind was Ken Hinkley at Port Adelaide,” Mark Robinson said on AFL 360.

“He’s out of contract at the end of this year, talks have been parked until August. David Koch, the chairman, is not baulking on those talks.

“Ken Hinkley was chased last year by the Bombers, they probably had a four or five year deal in the making for him. He chose not to be part of that process.

“If he did, he probably would’ve got it, before they went after Brad Scott. What does Richmond do? They put every name down on the board and go ‘right, who’s gettable, who do we go after? I know, let’s make an inquiry into Ken Hinkley.’”

NATHAN BUCKLEY

There will be interest from inside the AFL world for the former Collingwood coach - but is there interest from Nathan Buckley himself?

It’s unclear where Buckley would sit with the Richmond job now up for grabs, however, given they’ve had quite a bit more recent success than, say, the Kangaroos could point to when they came knocking.

At the very least Buckley’s name will be up on a whiteboard at Punt Road come Tuesday afternoon.

THE ASSISTANTS

As we’ve seen in recent years, most notably with ex-Tigers assistant Craig McRae at Collingwood, you don’t need to have been a senior coach before to be a good one.

Daniel Giansiracusa (Essendon) and Ashley Hansen (Carlton) could look to emulate the feats of McRae and parachute into a top job.

The Tigers already have Andrew McQualter on the books, and have since 2014. McQualter is the man tipped to get the nod as interim Richmond coach, ahead of his fellow assistants and former AFL coaches Ben Rutten and David Teague.

Rutten is only 10 rounds out of a senior job, after he was sensationally sacked by Essendon at the end of the 2022 season before returning to the Tigers where he was an assistant previously.

Teague hasn’t coached at senior level since he was sacked by the Blues in August 2021.

Also still hunting for their first senior role is the likes of Adem Yze who missed out on the Essendon job last year. Yze was reportedly one of the frontrunners at the Bombers before that job went to Brad Scott.

Former Crows coach Don Pyke could be ready for a second crack at senior coaching after his time in Adelaide ended in 2019 amid controversy over the club’s pre-season camp.

Justin Leppitsch is another who may be ready to step up once again after 66 games as Brisbane’s head coach more than six years ago.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-tigers/afl-news-2023-damien-hardwick-quits-richmond-impact-on-coach-landscape-replacements-contenders-ken-hinkley-adam-simpson/news-story/142d2e620532f9ad0bcaa32ed62fcb31

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2023, 11:10:49 PM »

I would like someone who is going to build / develop us back up with focus on recruitment as we will have to get some good ones late in the draft. we might have to suck it up for a couple of years sadly and I wouldn’t  be getting rid on too many as  I see 6 going without even looking .

I get the feeling Buckley would be keen to coach us but don’t think he would build a team from the base us. I too think Leppa is the one , but he may not want it.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2023, 11:12:06 PM »
If we want a tactical coach Pyke is the man.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2023, 11:21:45 PM »
Daniel Giansiracusa was said to be the man behind our "Chaos" system. Strategy worked but has the game gone past that(stand rule) and does a Strategy guy work as a head coach. Stuffed if I know but he might be worth a go.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2023, 11:27:36 PM »
Daniel Giansiracusa was said to be the man behind our "Chaos" system. Strategy worked but has the game gone past that(stand rule) and does a Strategy guy work as a head coach. Stuffed if I know but he might be worth a go.

Caracella?

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2023, 11:29:07 PM »
Buckley has been kissing our butts all season long. Maybe he knew something we didn’t lol

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2023, 11:47:11 PM »
whats funny about on the couch is a few weeks ago Lyoin kept banging on about some big changes in the coaching ranks. It was 3 weeks ago, and i think he said to Bucks.

at the time i thought he better not be talking about dimma.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2023, 05:08:12 AM »
From Jon Ralph in the HeraldSun:

Nothing stimulates a senior coaching market quicker than a coaching vacancy.

And there is no bigger vacancy than at a powerhouse club like Richmond.

Say what you want about their list and imminent exits for Jack Riewoldt and Trent Cotchin, who will retire at year’s end.

But who wouldn’t want to coach at a financially secure club on the edge of the CBD with stars of the calibre of Shai Bolton, Tom Lynch, Daniel Rioli, Dion Prestia and Liam Baker.

As recently as this weekend Port Adelaide was privately contemplating whether Ken Hinkley would be swayed by a mega-deal from a rival club when they might only offer him a two-year extension.

The firm view was that he was so entrenched in the city of Adelaide with his wider family — and invested in the young list — that talks could wait until August where he would reject rival offers like he did Essendon’s overtures last year.

Now the Power will have to consider escalating that timeline given he would be the perfect candidate to fill Hardwick’s boots.

A superb communicator, great relationships with kids, strong tactician, able to lead a club as well as a list of 40 men.

And ready to inherit a list for immediate success instead of putting the training wheels on.

Richmond would have to ask Nathan Buckley if he was interested, while running a process that would involve Justin Leppitsch (back for a third stint!), Adem Yze and their own highly-rated Andrew McQualter.

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/damien-hardwick-quits-jon-ralph-analyses-impact-on-other-coaches-ken-hinkley-stuart-dew/news-story/a06cab92b9d6804d7d69d9f56b6d2e19

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2023, 06:17:14 AM »
I hope it's not Hinkley, can't stand him.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do