Author Topic: Fickle kids can break your hearts / Kid dumps "dud" Tigers (Herald-Sun)  (Read 2421 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Fickle kids can break your hearts / Kid dumps "dud" Tigers (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 08:01:19 PM »
As our membership slogan in 2004 read.

" Yellow and black. It's in your blood ".

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 09:35:21 PM »
Gee mum i want to barrack for Geelong (because they win all the time). Well we don't want you kid.
We too are a split household, pies and tigers.
My first born was a tiger by default, no option.
My wife took the second and the third was given a choice.
At 8 he is more passionate than me, gives his grandfather a mouthful no matter how much we lose and collingwood win. Downloaded the theme song by himself and can often be heard playing it.
I would have bought the kid a Geelong blanket not a jumper, something for those cold nights outside.

luvya work :thumbsup...simply no choice in my household...my girls footy day today, with the tiges a clear second most popular and my response when she asked "daddy, why RFC, just lucky I guess" my answer :cheers
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 09:39:38 PM »
My 7 year old son, had a dress in your football team colour day at school, when you hear your theme song stand up and walk around the hall and parade your colours.
He and his 8 year old sister were the only two to stand up dressed in tigers colours, a few kids laughed etc.
This did not bother him one bit, in fact he loved having the song( loves it) and walk around the hall with his sister showing off his colours proudly.

The secret to this is simple, he does not know half the players although he loves cousins, hardly ever knows the scores, and would not know were we finished on the ladder, and yet he is one eyed Richmond.
Exposure to a minium is the trick for the next year or two.
After then when he is 9 it should all be better.
Looking after one young Tiger. :rollin

tis an excellant point , my two girls are the same, know nothing of the detail...we could be world beaters for all they know....all they do know is there is ONLY ONE team that matters and thats the TIGES :gotigers
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled