Author Topic: Josh Caddy has retired [merged]  (Read 131097 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Caddy buckles up for Tiger ride (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2017, 02:50:05 AM »
Caddy buckles up for Tiger ride

LAUREN WOOD,
Herald Sun
Feb 26, 2017

RICHMOND is riding high but isn’t letting Friday night’s win go to its head, recruit Josh Caddy says.

The Tigers opened their pre-season campaign with a victory over Adelaide and has left the on and off-field drama of last season behind and is feeling positive heading into a new season.

Caddy might not have been there for the rollercoaster 2016 — still living his now-former life as a Cat — but said all reports are that things have changed considerably.

But he knows it all counts for little until premiership points are on the line.

“It’s hard for me to talk about the past, because obviously I haven’t been there experiencing it and all I can judge on is my time here,” he said.

“A lot of the guys have said that things are a lot different and there’s a whole range of new people around the club. It’s been a really positive pre-season but until that translates to wins in the home and away season and out on the field, it means nothing.”
Josh Caddy had 21 disposals in The Tigers’ win over Adelaide. Picture: Michael Klein

Caddy starred in the 19-point defeat of the Crows, gathering 21 disposals and kicking a goal.

It was “rusty”, he said, despite the adulation for him and his fellow new Tigers Toby Nankervis and Dion Prestia from coach Damien Hardwick, who said it “really excited us” to see the trio hitting their straps.

And sharing his first appearance in yellow and black with his fellow recruits was an added bonus for the ex-Cat and Sun.

“I felt like I was sucking them (the breaths) in at times, especially in the first half and then I found a bit of a second wind,” he said.

“I didn't set the world on fire, but it is only the first practice match. It was good to have a run around and be out there with my teammates for the first time.

“For us three, it was just exciting to get out there and play with everyone for the first time. It was a good game and a good hitout and it was good to see and it was good that we could put into practice the things that we’ve trained all summer.

“We’ve got a lot of improvement — we’ve got to keep training and working on things so come Round 1 and the rest of the season we’ve got to keep improving and keep getting better because at the end of the day, a practice match stands for nothing.

“There were some good signs.”

Caddy recently told the Sunday Herald Sun of his fondness for the Richmond theme song, and the taste he got of a 7262-strong crowd singing the famous tune at Etihad Stadium on Friday night has only whetted his appetite for a full-blown rendition.

“The ‘yellow and black’ (line) ... they were still belting it out so I can only imagine when there’s 70,000 supporters and how good that’ll be,” he said.

“Can’t wait for that.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-recruit-josh-caddy-says-the-signs-are-positive-for-the-tigers/news-story/28a6c89b329578aaddf30659af807ebc

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Josh Caddy [merged]
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2017, 06:43:14 PM »
here we go...

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Caddy buckles up for Tiger ride (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2017, 10:40:59 PM »
“The ‘yellow and black’ (line) ... they were still belting it out so I can only imagine when there’s 70,000 supporters and how good that’ll be,” he said.

“Can’t wait for that.”

Poor bugger has only played for Gold Coast and Geelong so has been unfortunate not to hear it. Only choice was to join us or Carlton

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The recruitment of Josh Caddy to Punt Road is huge: Bartel (Age)
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2017, 03:38:27 PM »
Jimmy Bartel talking about Caddy ...

The recruitment of Josh Caddy to Punt Road is huge. Built like a bull, with the ability to go forward and mark overhead, he is always strong in the contest ... which sounds like the Tigers' current star Dustin Martin.  In one-on-ones inside 50 last year, no one won more at a greater percentage than Martin.  Having Dusty racking up huge numbers in the midfield with 30 plus every week last year was brilliant; now imagine if he and Josh Caddy are both able to get 24 to 28 touches and two goals each week this season. Suddenly Richmond look in the hunt. With that set-up, it would also take enormous pressure off Jack Riewoldt having to kick five goals or more in a winning team.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/which-preseason-fixes-will-stick-20170318-gv11du.html

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2017, 05:17:56 PM »
Bloke went from 84kg to 88kg in the off-season. Clearly going to play a lot of inside midfield I gather.

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2017, 06:11:57 PM »
Bloke went from 84kg to 88kg in the off-season. Clearly going to play a lot of inside midfield I gather.

I worry about him putting on weight when he's already so slow.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2017, 07:11:19 PM »
I just worry about when he will get to sing the somg
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2017, 07:14:24 PM »
not sold on this bloke as i have stated before.
Its time to put up Josh hope your up to it.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2017, 01:01:30 AM »
Slow as treacle.

Was hoping for more. I don't think he's going to be that good.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2017, 01:10:29 AM »
Doubts

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2017, 03:12:54 AM »
Didn't like his short steps under that highball into our forward 50 in the last though that allowed the Carlton defender (forget who it was) to take the uncontested mark...anyone else see that?

Other than that I think he'll be a good pick up, just don't expect a star....a bigger Miles who can go forward...will get caught htb more than Miles does because he's too big too scam the head-high frees......
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2017, 09:13:09 AM »
Caddy doesn't have to be a superstar and doesn't have to be quick.

He is there as big body in and under midfielder. Vlastuin and Miles have similar roles.

Allows Martin and Cotchin to be more damaging, which worked ok last night

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2017, 09:41:45 AM »
Caddy doesn't have to be a superstar and doesn't have to be quick.

He is there as big body in and under midfielder. Vlastuin and Miles have similar roles.

Allows Martin and Cotchin to be more damaging, which worked ok last night

Exactly. Adds mesh to our midfield and then can turn on the class.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2017, 10:41:22 AM »
Didn't like his short steps under that highball into our forward 50 in the last though that allowed the Carlton defender (forget who it was) to take the uncontested mark...anyone else see that?

Other than that I think he'll be a good pick up, just don't expect a star....a bigger Miles who can go forward...will get caught htb more than Miles does because he's too big too scam the head-high frees......

Yep. It looks like he'll be a solid soldier and not much more.  I'm ok with this because we don't have many in that bracket. If we can get to a point where Caddy is bottom 6 player then we'll be in a good place.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2017, 12:22:16 PM »
Give him a chance .

His match winning goal was all class.
Unleash the tornado