Author Topic: The mystery of Josh Schache's slide - Brisbane pointing finger at Richmond (Age)  (Read 5412 times)

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
The Swans have the "no idiots" policy, what do we call ours?

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
How would Schache impact that?
I would say it's the opposite - our culture would infinitely help him to develop and grow
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
I would say it's the opposite - our culture would infinitely help him to develop and grow

Yeah, quite possibly, I thought of that when typing my previous post.

But unless we just don't rate him as a player, which seems hard to believe given how we chased him earlier in the year, not sure what else it could be.

And as strong as our culture is, and the way we back it in to produce the goods for the playing group and club, I can think of a number of issues that might influence our decision to stay away.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
It can't be underestimated how peeved off the club is with his manager who they were obviously talking to earlier in the year and then, without warning, resigned with Brisbane.

Nobody in the media seems to look at that at all. It was a serious loss of good will from the player/player manager.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

Yeah, quite possibly, I thought of that when typing my previous post.

But unless we just don't rate him as a player, which seems hard to believe given how we chased him earlier in the year, not sure what else it could be.

And as strong as our culture is, and the way we back it in to produce the goods for the playing group and club, I can think of a number of issues that might influence our decision to stay away.

There's no doubting it's a throw at the stumps....as is drafting unproven talent. You need to balance risk with reward in both scenarios but I'd have thought with Jack only having 4, maybe 5 years left that getting someone into their 3rd year would be a massive pro
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
The "no getting paid for mental health/ drug rehabilitation while never playing a game or contributing on any level policy"
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
I'm not sure about this trade.We all thought we could turn around Yarran and we got burned.I agree maybe the club feel like there was a agreement and then he resigned with lions and club lost interest from there.Happy to take both picks to draft.

tony_montana

Heard Wallace on the radio the other day and he said rumour was richmond had a meeting with Josh where he got quite emotional and richmond from there, felt he was a bit soft.

Dougeytherichmondfan

All over the BF Brisbane boards that he broke down crying in our interview, which frankly I don't have an issue with.

I think its very different to the Yarran situation. Schache is just a very talented kid trying to find himself. Put him in a strong environment and watch him grow. Yarran has some serious demons he was dealing with when he came to us. As it turned out he was too far gone.

I just can't see us losing out if we spend pick 17 to get him across.

dwaino

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
Depending on the context of the discussion it may fit right within the new open and being comfortable with being vulnerable culture that we have created.
It’s ok to not be perfect etc.

I say watch this space on Schache

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
People grow up but Pagan once said football doesn't breed character it weeds out those without it.
Hope he comes good but AFL is brutal.

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯

Richmond's culture has changed ...

Back us in ... we did win the Premiership!

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
How long does a club have to have a culture before you can claim it's been ingrained? Only a few months ago we were supposedly mentally weak

tony_montana

As soon as you win a premiership I'd say