Author Topic: Liam Baker [merged]  (Read 81879 times)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Liam Baker [merged]
« Reply #240 on: July 03, 2021, 10:03:21 AM »
Trade him to Freo as part of the Cerra deal.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #241 on: July 03, 2021, 01:25:48 PM »
Baker the defender I'd trade in a heartbeat,  Baker the mid/forward I'd probably prefer to keep.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #242 on: July 03, 2021, 05:46:50 PM »
Baker the defender I'd trade in a heartbeat,  Baker the mid/forward I'd probably prefer to keep.... :shh
I see this too and it’s been my concern since he first went to defence as he had coaches licking their lips to isolate him with a speedy tall (not hard to do)
He’s a very good player but must better utilised on a wing or up forward. I’d prefer to see him up as a high half forward. I’m not sure what the coaches are thinking to be honest.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #243 on: July 17, 2021, 03:13:22 PM »
Fire-starter Liam Baker sent to half-forward, back to attack where he thrived as a teenager.

https://twitter.com/SamLandsberger/status/1415977999971676162

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #244 on: August 02, 2021, 03:59:22 PM »
Bakes had a very good start to the season but (and this may be harsh) in recent weeks his decision making has fallen away. It's been reflective of the team as a whole. Three times in the last quarter yesterday Bakes handballed off to a teammate under the hammer causing a turnover  :scream. There was also that kick inside 50 under no pressure where Jack was 1-on-1 with Ryan and Bakes kicked it to Jack's left side (to Ryan's advantage) rather than Jack's open space to his right.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #245 on: August 03, 2021, 01:46:29 AM »
Bakes had a very good start to the season but (and this may be harsh) in recent weeks his decision making has fallen away. It's been reflective of the team as a whole. Three times in the last quarter yesterday Bakes handballed off to a teammate under the hammer causing a turnover  :scream. There was also that kick inside 50 under no pressure where Jack was 1-on-1 with Ryan and Bakes kicked it to Jack's left side (to Ryan's advantage) rather than Jack's open space to his right.

Decision making and disposal efficiency have been poor more or less since that break out game against the giants.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #246 on: August 03, 2021, 04:35:16 AM »
TBH, I don’t see how you can single Baker out of a team that were in total panic mode.

IMO Baker punches well above his weight, there are plenty of others I would be pointing out before getting to Baker.

But it is a forum and we are all entitled to our opinion, so read and noted.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #247 on: August 03, 2021, 06:29:13 AM »
He has a real crack and tries to keep the momentum up. Big balls still. Can't knock him myself.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #248 on: August 03, 2021, 02:20:56 PM »
Some poor decisions & disposal at the end that were probably down to fatigue as much as anything but otherwise was easily in our top 5 on the day.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #249 on: August 04, 2021, 12:28:47 AM »
Love bakes. I guess I just thought after that giants game that he would really push on and take his game to the next level which hasn’t been the case. That’s all I was trying to say.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #250 on: August 04, 2021, 07:36:28 AM »
TK, entire team has gone downhill since then. I guess despite his talent and heart it's difficult for a guy like Baker to shine when the rest of them are playing poo.

He would also benefit from settling in one position, similar to Graham. He gets moved around too much.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #251 on: August 04, 2021, 12:53:11 PM »
TK, entire team has gone downhill since then. I guess despite his talent and heart it's difficult for a guy like Baker to shine when the rest of them are playing poo.

He would also benefit from settling in one position, similar to Graham. He gets moved around too much.

Fair point

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #252 on: August 07, 2021, 08:10:07 PM »
After criticising him during the week, it was great to see Bakes return to form tonight. His ball use and decision making was much better at both ends of the ground. He had a very good game.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #253 on: August 07, 2021, 09:51:22 PM »
Bit fumbly and some of his handballs were awful but otherwise good... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #254 on: August 10, 2021, 10:37:38 PM »
Nick Riewoldt praised Baker for twice as the more senior player unselfishly giving the ball to MRJ so the first gamer got his hands on the footy. The first time was when Maurice jnr ran down the Roos player. Baker could have taken the advantage but stopped to give the ball back to Maurice. The second time was the handball offload to Maurice for his first goal.