Author Topic: Grand Final Parade - Friday, Sept. 29, 12pm-1pm  (Read 3836 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Grand Final Parade - Friday, Sept. 29, 12pm-1pm
« on: September 26, 2017, 04:02:16 PM »
The Toyota AFL Grand Final Parade, proudly supported by City of Melbourne, provides a chance for supporters of all ages to see the players taking part in the 2017 Toyota AFL Grand Final.

Marching bands and roving entertainers will join the cavalcade of Toyota HiLuxes parading the Grand Final teams, from the Old Treasury Building to the Live Site at Yarra Park at the MCG on Friday, September 29.

A feature of Friday is the Toyota AFL Grand Final Parade, starting at noon at the Old Treasury Building in Spring Street and finishing at the Toyota AFL Grand Final Live Site about 1pm.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-26/what-time-does-the-2017-afl-grand-final-start

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Grand Final Parade - Friday, Sept. 29, 12pm-1pm
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 08:41:52 PM »
Does anyone have some advice of the best area to get a good shot and if possible the least amount of crowds. I have never been.

Taking the kids in but cant be arsed if its just jamming everywhere

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 09:26:52 PM »
Does anyone have some advice of the best area to get a good shot and if possible the least amount of crowds. I have never been.

Taking the kids in but cant be arsed if its just jamming everywhere

The grassy knoll.

:lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 01:21:58 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 01:22:29 PM »
Damien HARDWICK

"(At Punt Rd) there were 5000 to 7000 people there, they were hanging from everywhere. It's a great time of year to be involved in," Richmond coach Damien Hardwick said.

"We've gone in unchanged the last three weeks, we've been playing some really consistent footy and we're incredibly lucky that guys outside the team have been playing good football as well."

"We certainly learnt a lot out of that (Round 6 loss). We took a step back and worked on a few things that weren't to the level."

"Ball movement wise - we went long down the line a lot that week - and that has changed. As Pykey said we've developed a lot since then.

"I think they're the best team in moving the ball from defence into attack and that's a concern that we're looking to handle."

"We're capable of scoring as well, how the game pans out, we'll have to wait and see.

"The one thing about youth is they love whatever they throw at you."

It's different from when you're a player. You have very little control when you're not on the ground. I said earlier in the week, you get very nervous and I go and look at the team board and start to relax. I know what they're capable of."

"He's (Martin) one of the pieces. He'll play through the midfield and up forward. What that split is, it will depend on how the game pans out."

Even at the start of this year I was concerned. We're not the typical set-up - a strong centre half-forward and centre half-back - but the game is always evolving. We're prepared to back our boys in and we expect that to continue on Saturday afternoon.

"If I worried about all those (Crows) players I wouldn't sleep much tonight."

Damien Hardwick on Jacob Townsend: He's been in outstanding form in the VFL this year.

"The one thing you know about Jacob Townsend is he'll give you a contest every time. Sometimes I've got to pull him up at training because I'm worried he'll smash one of our guys.

Damien Hardwick on Mrs Hardwick: "She's had a good week ... I'll put that one to bed now."

Trent Cotchin:

I don't think it's surreal, we've worked hard for the opportunity to play tomorrow.

"We've learnt a lot in 2017 and in previous years as well. There's definitely been challenging years in my career but I think every player would say that.

"I think (the biggest change) is role playing. Every week we go out and get the job done. And caring about each other, that's something that's been the strongest in my time.

It's one thing getting here, it's another performing."

"I think we've shown (we're ready) over the last couple of weeks. There's a lot of hype, a lot of talk and excitement. As soon as that's over we'll settle in and be ready to go.

"Aside from the great man (Dustin Martin) winning the Brownlow, it's been a pretty normal week," he said.

"The boys have been really good on the track and we're looking forward to getting out there."

"(Training) It was crazy. They've been with us through thick and thin."

"Being in Melbourne we'll go our own ways and come together tomorrow."

David Astbury:

"The whole week's been electric and looking forward to what tomorrow brings," he told Fox Footy.

Dustin Martin:

"Aside from Monday and today it's been a pretty normal week so it hasn't been too bad," he told Fox Footy.

"We'll just grab some lunch and maybe a massage.

"(Trent) has been a great leader and we're very grateful to have him."

Josh Caddy:

"Ever since I walked in the doors the club's been really welcoming," he said.

"It was pretty amazing (training at Punt Rd) it's great to make so many people happy.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/huge-turnout-expected-for-adelaide-richmond-grand-final-parade-in-melbourne/news-story/f096715278ba4a1286c383ad4192a7f3

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 04:51:48 PM »
Who from OER went today?

Ch 7 news this arvo said there was a record 150,000 people at the GF parade. Mostly Tiger supporters  :thumbsup.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 05:36:07 PM »
Who from OER went today?

Ch 7 news this arvo said there was a record 150,000 people at the GF parade. Mostly Tiger supporters  :thumbsup.

I went. Was incredible - the AFL get a thumbs up from me although the restrictions on where you can consume booze seem over in it's zealousness
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 05:40:44 PM »
The best experience

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 06:18:02 PM »
The best experience

ill take a flag as the best experience. thanks for dropping by
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 06:25:17 PM »
The best experience

Not the day to be a f-wit.

Be cool.

Go Tigers.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 06:35:09 PM »
Who from OER went today?

Yep went to open training and then headed down to yarra park for the parade. Great experience, i think it all hit me and the penny finally dropped when watching Mike Brady sing Up there Cazaly.

I'm still nervous but it comes and goes. When i get home tonight  im switching on 7's Grand Final rewinds and opening the skotch for a quiet drink.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2017, 06:35:43 PM »
The best experience

Be cool.

Go Tigers.

Thanks for your input and faux de-escalation attempt. Quality posting as usual away from the politics board.  ::)

Cheers,

Dooks.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 07:25:27 PM »
The best experience

Be cool.

Go Tigers.

Thanks for your input and faux de-escalation attempt. Quality posting as usual away from the politics board.  ::)

Cheers,

Dooks.

:shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2017, 07:25:47 PM »
Do we have a politics board? :huh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.