Author Topic: Jack Ross [merged]  (Read 85227 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Jack Ross [merged]
« Reply #270 on: May 24, 2022, 10:34:09 AM »
we have seen this game from ross before. Means sfa and in fact i dont even think he played well at all.

Handballing to players who were hot is usual ross stuff.

Lets see him crap the bed next week.

What’s the point of this post? It’s like your wanting to see him play bad (to the detriment of your team btw) just to let out a big old I told ya so.

Please. Ross is Ross and until he plays consistent football then he will be critiqued. If he produces good solid footy, like his other teammates have done for many years then guess what it will stop.

I have seen him play descent game, and tonight i thought was okay not great.

This is spot on by the way. Ross is what 40 odd games in and people lauding what really is just an okay game.I suppose when your waiting for above average performances to become the norm people latch onto any old half decent performance.

Preferably he plays inside he wins 4 to 6 clearances lays 5 or more tackles gets around 10 contested disposals and manages 20 - 25 touches. and tht i would say is just average for most decent inside mids.

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #271 on: May 24, 2022, 01:39:31 PM »
we have seen this game from ross before. Means sfa and in fact i dont even think he played well at all.

What’s the point of this post? It’s like your wanting to see him play bad (to the detriment of your team btw) just to let out a big old I told ya so.

Please. Ross is Ross and until he plays consistent football then he will be critiqued. If he produces good solid footy, like his other teammates have done for many years then guess what it will stop.

This is spot on by the way. Ross is what 40 odd games in and people lauding what really is just an okay game.I suppose when your waiting for above average performances to become the norm people latch onto any old half decent performance.

Preferably he plays inside he wins 4 to 6 clearances lays 5 or more tackles gets around 10 contested disposals and manages 20 - 25 touches. and tht i would say is just average for most decent inside mids.

I didnt see any "Lauding" of his game. Most were saying he played ok or it was one of his best games. Thing is he improved and we should all want that, if he keeps improving then he will be a solid player. Thats a big "If" but you can only expect improvement one step at a time and people should acknowledge that step. Hopefully he takes a few more steps soon.

PS I though it was a OK game of his and one of his best. Still has a long ways to go though.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #272 on: May 24, 2022, 06:41:52 PM »
Looked like he belonged. It’s not relevant if it’s a one off but if it becomes that standard like say a Dan Rioli at half back then don’t expect craw to concede he’s got it wrrr wrrr wrrooo
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #273 on: May 24, 2022, 07:13:19 PM »
Well done Jack

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #274 on: May 27, 2022, 10:44:20 PM »

To those who wanted to kiss Ross feet after last week then I hope you are reading this.

It was 💯 accurate

He belongs at one level.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #275 on: May 27, 2022, 10:45:31 PM »

To those who wanted to kiss Ross feet after last week then I hope you are reading this.

It was 💯 accurate

He belongs at one level.

Didn’t wait long to toot your own horn did ya? Any other obvious calls you’ve made you’d like to bring up?

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #276 on: May 27, 2022, 10:47:51 PM »
He is an absolute spud. Cost us the game tonight

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #277 on: May 27, 2022, 10:52:39 PM »

He didn't cost us the game. There were so many that had little or no impact on the game. He was far from alone in having a shocker.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #278 on: May 27, 2022, 10:58:00 PM »
Enough thanks.
Go Tigers!

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #279 on: May 27, 2022, 10:59:31 PM »
Must admit he was very poor tonight.

FooffooValve

« Reply #280 on: May 27, 2022, 11:00:57 PM »
Time to go. And Castagna.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #281 on: May 27, 2022, 11:01:38 PM »
Time to go. And Castagna.

Did he play?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #282 on: May 27, 2022, 11:06:29 PM »

He didn't cost us the game. There were so many that had little or no impact on the game. He was far from alone in having a shocker.

Yes he did as we play with a less player when he spuds it up

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #283 on: May 27, 2022, 11:09:14 PM »
My thoughts from the match day thread

Jack Ross back doing Jack Ross things  :banghead

Rinse and repeat  :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #284 on: May 27, 2022, 11:11:14 PM »

Yes he did as we play with a less player when he spuds it up

Oh he was bad yes, but there were about 10 to 12 that were bad also. Putting the loss on him is a bit simplified.