Author Topic: Jack Ross [merged]  (Read 85266 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Jack Ross [merged]
« Reply #345 on: August 24, 2022, 11:08:05 AM »
The same problem still for me.
The role at 187cm 87kg slow with lets just say average disposal he should be playing an inside role.

There are plenty of others you would prefer playing outside and that is exactly how to describe Ross and the vast majority of his games for us outside.

First year player Sonsie who according to people here is not fit lacks a tank and imo as a first year players suffers from size and strength atm in just 6 games has given more and actually uses the ball far better when under pressure.

Here we have a big bodied mid and for the year he is going at just 1.3 tackles a game, 1.5 clearances, just 4.6 contested possesions, and just 16.2 disposals a game.

He has done  nothing to help us in the areas we have struggled in.

For me the same problem is very much there still too much reliance on too few in the midfield to win ball for us. When they are stopped or have quite games we don't have players like Ross stepping up.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #346 on: August 24, 2022, 11:23:14 AM »
I'd drop him for a slightly under done Dusty in a heartbeat, or for a fit Graham.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #347 on: August 24, 2022, 12:46:19 PM »
I'd drop him for a slightly under done Dusty in a heartbeat, or for a fit Graham.

Absolutely

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #348 on: August 24, 2022, 05:23:15 PM »
Best game Ross has played since his debut game. I know it was only against Essendon but it was the best I've seen his vision, decision making and use of the ball in an AFL game. I don't recall one obvious error with his 21 possies. His disposal efficiency reflects that at 95%.

Thought he was good

Biggest mistake he made on the night was allowing Parish to get a very soft goal at a stoppage in the 2nd, no defensive pressure, no game awareness. Was awful to watch

However, I  will again cool my jets on saying it was a breakout game for him because we've seen it before. Plays a very good even great game and then goes missing. He needs to start backing these types of game up.

Thought he did play a good game. He did one awful handpass which sold his teammate into trouble but was overall clean in his possession. Agree was not a break out game. Still undecided as to whether he will make it.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #349 on: August 24, 2022, 08:01:11 PM »
He’s played great the last couple if games - making good decisions with ball in hand.
Problem is that Sonsie is already at his level in his first season.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #350 on: August 25, 2022, 08:35:21 AM »
AFL website saying Ross to be offered a new 2 year deal. Actually they are saying he will be "rewarded with a new 2 year deal"

https://www.afl.com.au/news/829252/in-demand-docker-inks-new-deal-extension-looms-for-comeback-swan

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #351 on: August 25, 2022, 11:35:44 AM »
AFL website saying Ross to be offered a new 2 year deal. Actually they are saying he will be "rewarded with a new 2 year deal"

https://www.afl.com.au/news/829252/in-demand-docker-inks-new-deal-extension-looms-for-comeback-swan

Small coin you'd think. Would prefer a 1 year deal myself.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #352 on: August 25, 2022, 05:43:49 PM »

TIGER CUB PRIMED FOR EXTENSION

RICHMOND is set to reward youngster Jack Ross with a fresh two-year deal.

It's understood Ross is headed towards an extension with the Tigers after a strong finish to the season, which culminated in a decisive performance against Essendon on Saturday night.

Ross had 21 disposals and 14 score involvements, along with one goal and two goal assists, to put the 21-year-old right in the frame to retain his place ahead of next Thursday's elimination final against Brisbane.

The big-bodied midfielder, who was recruited to the club with pick No.43 four years ago, was coming towards the end of his contract with Richmond but a deal to secure his future until at least 2024 is now considered imminent.

The Tigers still have decisions to make on the futures of veteran pair Trent Cotchin and Jack Riewoldt, while former top-20 pick Riley Collier-Dawkins is also uncontracted at season's end.

– Riley Beveridge

https://www.afl.com.au/news/829252/pies-brothers-in-contract-limbo-suns-goalkicker-set-to-be-rewarded

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #353 on: August 27, 2022, 03:00:26 PM »
Ross, who received five coaches votes for his 21 disposals, 14 score involvements game on the weekend, will enter a fifth and sixth season at Punt Road as part of the contract extension.

The big-bodied midfielder has displayed a consistent ball-winning ability across 43 senior matches for the Club, both as an inside midfielder and on the wing.

Ross has featured in the senior team on 14 occasions in 2022, averaging career highs in disposals (17.4), marks (4.3), and inside 50s (3.1).

“Jack has shown across four years at the Club that he has the skillset and work rate to succeed at AFL level,” Hartley said.

“It has been great to see Jack contributing to a high standard this season and this contract is a reward for his efforts on and off the field.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1207969/impressive-young-tigers-commit-to-richmond

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #354 on: August 27, 2022, 06:13:46 PM »
Surprised his still 21 so plenty of improvement left .

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #355 on: August 27, 2022, 09:47:11 PM »
I like the way he's taken Sonsie under his wing.  Shows leadership at a young age.  Glad we re signed him.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #356 on: August 27, 2022, 10:04:12 PM »
He looked more and more like he belongs at the required level. Continue this rate of improvement and he’s going to make it.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #357 on: August 28, 2022, 12:02:45 AM »
I think a bit of his slow development I'ds that injury copped and us chopping and changing him in positions.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #358 on: August 28, 2022, 10:17:15 AM »
I think a bit of his slow development I'ds that injury copped and us chopping and changing him in positions.

Covid and no VFL comp didnt help either

I like the kid- happy for him and hope he grasps it

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #359 on: August 28, 2022, 12:10:00 PM »
Ross, who received five coaches votes for his 21 disposals, 14 score involvements game on the weekend, will enter a fifth and sixth season at Punt Road as part of the contract extension.

The big-bodied midfielder has displayed a consistent ball-winning ability across 43 senior matches for the Club, both as an inside midfielder and on the wing.

Ross has featured in the senior team on 14 occasions in 2022, averaging career highs in disposals (17.4), marks (4.3), and inside 50s (3.1).

“Jack has shown across four years at the Club that he has the skillset and work rate to succeed at AFL level,” Hartley said.

“It has been great to see Jack contributing to a high standard this season and this contract is a reward for his efforts on and off the field.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1207969/impressive-young-tigers-commit-to-richmond

So they bring up stats that look good but refuse to print any stats in the areas they are talking about.

Ball winner my arse.
Again i say the role we have him in is wrong we play him outside and the stats back it up to the hilt. And why do we play him on a wing and in outside roles he is slow has average disposal and makes poor decisions too much.

He lays just 1.3 tackles a game.just 1.5 clearances,a paltry 4.6 contested possessions and goes at a poor 16.2 disposals a game for a mid of any description id say that is poor. Just irks me when they come up with such obvious spiel do they think supporters cannot see.

There is a kid there who actually has better contested ball Clearance and tackle numbers is also a bigger body but cannot get a game clearly his face does not fit in the purple circle.