Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 923851 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1275 on: June 18, 2008, 10:27:44 PM »
Yep good report MT, I would really like to know what is going on with Cogs though?? How did Polo train mate please??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1276 on: June 19, 2008, 06:24:02 PM »
Yep good report MT, I would really like to know what is going on with Cogs though?? How did Polo train mate please??
They didn't much to really judge WAT other than to say he was solid and didn't cost himself a place in the team like last week (stuffed up a couple of times last week) as he's deservedly been promoted to the seniors.

You're right Cogs' current status is a mystery.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1277 on: June 24, 2008, 02:10:52 PM »
Training today was as usual at Punt Rd in overcast conditions. A very light and short session. More lighthearted than anything strenuous. I believe the main session is tomorrow but as it hasn't be advertised it may be a closed one and perhaps at the G (?).

The rehab group was chockers today.
Thursty - looks fine (no bandages). Miller said he's fit.
Sugar - still a bandage around his knee. Miller said "a chance".
McGuane - bandage around that thigh with the hammy.
Simmo - bandaged thigh. Miller said it's a corky similar to what Richo had.
Cogs - no bandages. Miller said he'll play VFL ressies this week down at Frankston.
Richo - still has that huge bruise.
King, Jacko, Cass, Howat and Schulz were also in the rehab group. Miller said Schulz was Coburg's best and he believes Jay was unlucky to be dropped in the first place. Missing those goals against Melbourne probably cost him.

Meyer and Rainesy trained with the main group again.

As for training itself, like I said it was light. A bit of a jog as a group and the standard footpassing drills. They then did some handball and reflex stuff in small groups with which most in the rehab group joined in including Cogs. Only Simmo and Richo didn't do it. Richo went in and changed his polo top and jeans before walking over to the Social club so I'm guessing he's at Tuesdays with Terry.

We had a brief chat with Miller....
He defended Jordie by saying he takes the risks with his run and long kicking that win you games. People take no notice when he hits targets, they only notice mistakes. He might have a lower kicking efficiency than someone else who kicks safe short and wide but he has the highest kicking efficiency.
We also asked about our ruck stocks in terms of back-up for Simmo. He said to my friend don't you rate Patto and she said he's not a ruckman. We also said Gus and Putt are too young and unknown to judge. Miller said Gus missing most of the preseason means he's not as agile as he was this time last year.
We then asked about Rance and he hasn't been as good the last couple of weeks. I took from what Greg said that if anyone from Coburg comes in this week it'll be Sarge but Thursty will come in for McGuane.
I also asked him about any U18s he has his eye on in the Champs but that's not for public consumption.

Con65

« Reply #1278 on: June 24, 2008, 02:56:26 PM »
Thanks alot MT, another great post by you.

Would love to know what is not for public consumption.  Pity the tigers are not doing the Rookie Club this year so as to have the pre-draft night... :(

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1279 on: June 24, 2008, 04:02:43 PM »
You sure they're not doing the draft night this year?
I'd heard otherwise

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1280 on: June 24, 2008, 06:46:50 PM »
They may charge a one off fee to attend?

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #1281 on: June 24, 2008, 07:31:53 PM »
Hayden Hill told me a couple of months back that the Rookie Club wouldn't be running in the same manner this year but the Draft Preview night will still be held.

Said he planned to send an email to Rookie Club members once confirmed.

I haven't heard any more since.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1282 on: June 27, 2008, 05:21:31 PM »
fightingfury has a report on Y&B from this morning's training.....

http://yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=177207&postcount=260

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1283 on: June 27, 2008, 10:56:08 PM »
As always the reports here are appreciated MT. :thumbsup

Ramps

« Reply #1284 on: June 28, 2008, 09:50:49 AM »
the least you could do MT is pm interested parties like me so we know who to look out for in the draft  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1285 on: July 02, 2008, 02:38:46 PM »
Training today was a wet Punt Rd Oval. It was bucketing down for most of the session. Not a bad crowd watching on a wet day after a loss. About 80 people - mostly mum and dads with kids and teenagers. Bright sunshine in Melbourne now though lol.

Not present to my knowledge today were Thursty, Petts, McGuane, Jackson and Howat. Polak too of course for obvious reasons. A few Tiges also didn't do much in the rehab group - Tambo, Cass, Moore and Richo. Connors trained for most of the session but stayed out afterwards to run laps around the boundary.

Cleve and Jordie trained the whole session and both showed no signs of being down.

Cogs trained fully too and got through as far as I know.

As for training itself they mainly focussed on long kicking today. Set up in a circle of 6 groups and after getting the handball receive, footpass to someone in the next group around. Skills were okay but it was wet.

They then finished off with 10-15 minutes worth of goalkicking on the run or across the body. At this stage Cotch was doing heaps of handball work off the bouncey net, Gus was doing some ruckwork with Monkhurst, and Lids, Morton and Rance worked on their tackling techniques with McRae.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1286 on: July 02, 2008, 02:43:14 PM »
I forgot to say there was also some kid training with the Tigers today (in Richo's  jumper). Not sure if he was a Burger or not but he was a good size and decent skills too. I saw him standing next to Gourdis and he was taller than Dave.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1287 on: July 02, 2008, 04:17:48 PM »
I forgot to say there was also some kid training with the Tigers today (in Richo's  jumper). Not sure if he was a Burger or not but he was a good size and decent skills too. I saw him standing next to Gourdis and he was taller than Dave.

Jimmy Boogie?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1288 on: July 02, 2008, 05:05:32 PM »
Any chance it may have been a bloke by the name of Harrison Lee, down for the school holidays ?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1289 on: July 02, 2008, 06:28:16 PM »
LOL wayne ;D

Any chance it may have been a bloke by the name of Harrison Lee, down for the school holidays ?
It could have been HMH. Harrison Lee played up in Sydney on the weekend and he could have come down. He's played mostly ressies for UNSW/Easts but he had a couple of senior games a few weeks ago.

Just on Cogs - Ch 9 news said Cogs trained impressively this morning. I agree he was moving perfectly fine. Good to hear he got through unscathed and is ready to play this week.