Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 923846 times)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1755 on: April 04, 2009, 12:29:38 PM »
This used to be the one tread that we didnt get any of this crap in.  Mods please delete all this garbage so we can save this thread for Tiger Training reports which the regulars love.

Take this sort of crap elsewhere so we can ignore it.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 01:21:36 PM by one-eyed »
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1756 on: April 04, 2009, 01:22:39 PM »
This used to be the one tread that we didnt get any of this crap in.  Mods please delete all this garbage so we can save this thread for Tiger Training reports which the regulars love.

Take this sort of crap elsewhere so we can ignore it.
Well said Fluffy.

Keep this garbage off the forum  >:(

Ramps

« Reply #1757 on: April 04, 2009, 05:45:31 PM »
Is Adam Thomson available to play or is he carrying some sort of injury?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1758 on: April 04, 2009, 07:46:30 PM »
Thomson trained alright on Thursday Ramps but he'll probably next a game or two at Coburg.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1759 on: April 06, 2009, 06:40:53 PM »
Thomson trained alright on Thursday Ramps but he'll probably next a game or two at Coburg.

Gday MT,

I know you will anyway, but can you have a good look at Thomson and Collins at the next training sesion.

I would also be keen on how Cogs is moving and your thoughts on who might get the gig out of Angus or Browneeee for the next match based on the way things go at the session ( body laugauge - training drills etc).

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1760 on: April 07, 2009, 02:30:16 AM »
Gday MT,

I know you will anyway, but can you have a good look at Thomson and Collins at the next training sesion.

I would also be keen on how Cogs is moving and your thoughts on who might get the gig out of Angus or Browneeee for the next match based on the way things go at the session ( body laugauge - training drills etc).
Will do camboon when I get down there next. I think Gus will keep his spot in the side this week as his around the ground work was better than Browne's was.

Con65

« Reply #1761 on: April 07, 2009, 11:10:07 AM »
MT i know you are good, but posting a response to a training question at 2.30am...man you are GOOD and dedicated.!!!

Somewhere else i read that Browne gets to position better than Gus ie naturally goes back to fill the hole in defence after competing at the centre square...do you see that in his game?

Also, i know you go to heaps of training sessions, but did you pick that Browne would debut in round one ie. could you see this kid had something or did he just play 2 blinders in the nab games to get his promotion and debut?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1762 on: April 07, 2009, 04:53:20 PM »
Training today was at Gosch's paddock this arvo. Pretty much a waste of time as they hardly did anything. The session would have gone for only 45 minutes tops. I'm guessing they are still sore from the Geelong game as Richo said last night he was glad they had a nine day break to recover and not a six.

The main group started on the second oval next to Swan St but after about 30 mins most headed off back to Punt Rd while a small group peeled off to do laps around the main playing oval. That group was Jacko who blitzed the rest, Bowden, Hislop, Gus, Connors, Tucky, Foley, JON, Cleve and Gilligan.

Blingers was still in rehab with Petts so he must be doubtful to play on Monday.

I arrived a bit late but I was told Cotch was training but as I said they didn't do much so he probably could join in where he is at. A friend of a friend saw Cuz walking back to Punt Rd with a tall trainer.

Collins and Whitey were one of last to leave having a kick to kick.

That's about it. A bit hard to comment on Cogs, Collins and Thommo based on today as they did so little training but they all were moving fine from what I saw.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1763 on: April 07, 2009, 05:02:40 PM »
Somewhere else i read that Browne gets to position better than Gus ie naturally goes back to fill the hole in defence after competing at the centre square...do you see that in his game?
Yep and he showed that in the preseason games. Unfortunately he didn't do it in round 1 which is why he was replaced by Gus. Long-term I think BrownE will become our No.1 ruckman but that could be 5 or so years away as rucks take time to develop. He's still only 18. The weekend games proved a big ruckman is priceless and still very important to any side.

Also, i know you go to heaps of training sessions, but did you pick that Browne would debut in round one ie. could you see this kid had something or did he just play 2 blinders in the nab games to get his promotion and debut?
I thought with a week or two out before round 1 that he might be a chance as Gus was struggling with his marking and Patto was injured. But really it was a mate of mine from training who became a big BrownE fan from early on in preseason and said in December after we drafted BrownE in the rookie draft that he has the size already to play round 1 as second ruck. So he deserves the credit for being spot on.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1764 on: April 07, 2009, 10:24:18 PM »
Thanks MT, your da man

MMM, I think you gave me a little hint -  the boys get real keen and leave training last if they think they have a chance.

Good to see some competition in the ruck anyway and I agree about Gus doing more around the ground. The big fellows must run hard to position if they want a spot. Cox is still the benchmark and I think Hill and possibly Jolly are close behind.

I also loved the way Maric shepherded last week for Adelaide, thought he was being beaten in the ruck by St Kilda but had the heart to run down the wing to protect a running player. We need that attitude and fitness level form out ruckmen.  Patto would do it but I am not sure if he will play as 2nd ruck in the future, I see him playing like Drew Petrie!

Con65

« Reply #1765 on: April 15, 2009, 07:09:47 PM »
Any news MT?  Given Monday's game, when do they train?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1766 on: April 16, 2009, 05:36:34 PM »
They trained yesterday morning and I think they'll train tomorrow morning at Vic Park (closed session) plus a short loosener Saturday morning. I couldn't make it yesterday and it would've been a light session anyway just two days after a game. It looked that way on the news last night. Cotch was just chatting to Plough. They said Cuz and Raines did some light training in the paper this morning.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1767 on: April 21, 2009, 02:36:25 PM »
according to sen, cuz and cotch both trained extremely well  :thumbsup

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1768 on: April 21, 2009, 04:28:27 PM »
They trained yesterday morning and I think they'll train tomorrow morning at Vic Park (closed session) plus a short loosener Saturday morning. I couldn't make it yesterday and it would've been a light session anyway just two days after a game. It looked that way on the news last night. Cotch was just chatting to Plough. They said Cuz and Raines did some light training in the paper this morning.

Website says it was today and is Friday.

* Tuesday April 21, 11am, Punt Road Oval
* Friday April 24, 10am, Punt Road Oval
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/training%20times/tabid/8765/default.aspx
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1769 on: April 21, 2009, 05:31:43 PM »
I went down to Punt Rd today. It was a light "skills" session so they didn't do much apart from a bit of kicking and handball as though they were having a kick in the park. So not much to report on what they did. The team from Sunday did most of the session separate from those who played for Coburg.

As for rehab Schulz has two bandages on him. A compression/stretch bandage around his right knee which he's had for a while plus another heavier white bandage around his lower right leg. A friend I sit with at training said Sarge collided with the goalpost during the Coburg game so maybe it's related to that but I don't know.

Petts trained but after training as he headed towards the pool he had a clear limp. Apparently copped a knock to his knee while playing in the Coburg ressies.

Sugar was in rehab but didn't do anything other than a bit of handball from what I saw.

Browny had some groin problem prior to the Melbourne game and didn't train at all last Friday. Why play him if he was carrying an injury?  ???

Thursty's arm had a bandage on it and no plaster so he just copped a knock to it.

Cotch trained but still for precautionary reasons he had what looked like ice bandages around both knees and his right ankle as he headed for the pool after training.

Rainesy and Cuz trained fully and looked right to go in the VFL this week.

Foley missed due to being sick which is why Richo spoke to the media instead.