Author Topic: Grand Final entertainment- DMA'S, Cub Sport, Sheppard, Wolfmother's A.Stockdale  (Read 1966 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
DMA'S, Cub Sport and Wolfmother's Andrew Stockdale among acts to play at 2020 decider

By Callum Twomey
afl.com.au
12 October 2020

THE AFL has gone local for its 2020 Toyota AFL Grand Final entertainment, with rising rock band DMA'S, pop powerhouse Cub Sport and Wolfmother lead singer Andrew Stockdale among the acts to play at the historic premiership decider.

In the first ever night Grand Final and flag clash played outside of Victoria, the Australian bands will perform at the Gabba on October 24 in front of what is expected to be the most watched game in football history. 

Brisbane's own Sheppard will also perform, as will Electric Fields featuring Thelma Plum and Busby Marou, in what is an all Australian line-up. The Queensland Symphony Orchestra is also set to deliver a key performance on the biggest stage.

The acts will be split across pre-game and half-time slots to maximise the new entertainment format in the historic decider. Sheppard, whose hit song Geronimo was released in 2014, will take the stage at half-time. 

Sydney trio DMA'S have been chosen after their ascent into one of the country's leading acts and live bands having released their album The Glow earlier this year.

Composed of Tommy O'Dell, Johnny Took and Matt Mason, DMA'S have gained a huge following in Australia and around the world since they released their hit debut single Delete in 2014.

Their guitar-driven sound has evolved across their three albums, with Silver, Lay Down and Life Is A Game Of Changing amongst their biggest singles.

Cub Sport will be more familiar with surrounds of the Gabba with the Brisbane band being based in Queensland.

They released their fourth album, Like Nirvana, earlier this year and have picked up a strong fanbase on the back of hits Hawaiian Party, Come On Mess Me Up and Chasin'. 

Stockdale is the frontman of Wolfmother, who shot to international fame with their hit singles Joker and the Thief, Woman and Mind's Eye.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/517059/gabba-set-to-glow-afl-locks-in-locals-to-rock-historic-grand-final

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Who  :huh3
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)