Author Topic: "If Richmond don't beat Carlton in round 1 then they're in big trouble" - Robbo  (Read 2882 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Mark Robinson on SEN just moments ago:

"Round 1 is such a massive game for Richmond. If they don't beat Carlton then they're in big trouble."

::)

He also said Richmond callers to SEN are his favourite because they're so passionate and you get a reaction. Whereas other club supporters like say St Kilda fans are quiet.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
rnd one is important but not teh be all and end all, by round 5, if we are 5 zip, terry is in real trouble

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
I would have thought Carlton are under just as much pressure.
They have been the poster boys all off season on the back of the Judd signing, have 3 number 1 picks and still haven't won a game under Ratten.
Everyone will have their eyes on the Blues to see if they've improved where as no one rates us to begin with.

If we beat the Blues then the scrutiny turns to them.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Round 1 is a huge game personally - In the scheme of things not so  :gotigers

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
rnd one is important but not teh be all and end all, by round 5, if we are 5 zip, terry is in real trouble

I'd be over the moon if we started the year 5 zip.  :lol  ;)

Zip 5 however.  :help
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Mark Robinson on SEN just moments ago:

"Round 1 is such a massive game for Richmond. If they don't beat Carlton then they're in big trouble."

::)

He also said Richmond callers to SEN are his favourite because they're so passionate and you get a reaction. Whereas other club supporters like say St Kilda fans are quiet.

If Robbo can't bait Tiger supporters he is big trouble -  :wallywink
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame

I'd be over the moon if we started the year 5 zip.  :lol  ;)

Zip 5 however.  :help

tool, as if u didnt know what i meant

with the rfc the loss column should always come first cos thats what we are good at!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Well let's play finals straight after round 1 if the other 21 weeks don't matter Robbo. It's a FACT 8 teams will lose in round 1 (excluding any draws). Seriously how can you take journos seriously when they come out with crap like this.

Btw Brad Fisher is out for 2 months so let's see who from both sides actually gets to run out on Easter Thursday before writing clubs off. A week is a long time in footy let alone four.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

In r1 - I will have a multibet and unfortunately the cash will be on Carlton at +39.5 points in one of the legs. Hope im wrong but we are rabble at this point in time.

Little Jackie

carlton for me too.
Fev to kick 8

Tigermonk

l put 1k at sportsbet Richmond smack them

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
monk, i will do the same cos u are always right when it comes to betting and money!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
blues by 5 goals.

richmond's season over.

and im sorry mt robbo may be right with the tigers, and round 1 is the most important game we will pay this year, believe u me.

to beat the blues will be the equivalent of winning 5 games for the tigers.

id go as far as to say if we beat the blues and thats such a long shot its not funny, but if we do, id say we will finish on 7-9 wins this year.
the confidence that such a win would be invaluable
personally i couldnt care if we go on to lose the next 10 games as long as we smash those c..nts
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
i still think that if terry just starts again and maks tough calls and play bloks in their rightful possies and totally shuts out the try hard wannabees, we still have hope

terry still has time, but its running out fast

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
blues by 5 goals.

richmond's season over.

and im sorry mt robbo may be right with the tigers, and round 1 is the most important game we will pay this year, believe u me.

to beat the blues will be the equivalent of winning 5 games for the tigers.

id go as far as to say if we beat the blues and thats such a long shot its not funny, but if we do, id say we will finish on 7-9 wins this year.
the confidence that such a win would be invaluable
No doubt daniel a win over the Blues first up would be massive. It would shut up a few critics and get the media off our backs. Robbo even emphasised the vultures haven't had a feed yet and are hanging out over Punt Rd. However only at Richmond does the first game of each season count for so much as far as the rest of the season goes. Compare that to the Swans under Roos who lose first up virtually every year yet they still make the finals comfortably come round 22.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd