Author Topic: How many games will we win in 2008?  (Read 3508 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: How many games will we win in 2008?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 04:51:49 PM »
lottery system. dont they do that for another code in the US or something. i may be wrong.

This system is a joke and wouldnt surprise me if demetriou the loser changes it to the lottery in round 20 as we have 3 wins on the board. i get the feeling that guy likes no one but himself.

They do it for the NBA.

The team who comes last gets the most combinations in a lotto thing and its staggered back from there.

Teams still tanked in the NBA last year regardless to get a better chance its not foolproof either.

Although quite a few teams did get stung.

Memphis and Boston rested all their good players came last and 2nd last and still only got picks 4 and 5 while portland basically played the year out, came 6th last and got number one, about a 5% chance I think they had.  :lol  :rollin
LOL. That's why it's good. Yeah it's not foolproof but you never know for sure whereas now in the AFL sides are tanking from halfway through the year because they can plan in advance.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Passionfruit

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 08:17:55 PM »
Can see 1 win out of first nine rounds and thats against the Bombers in round 9.
reckon rounds 17,20,21 22 are wins.
Think that 5 is where we will be for 2008

retygas

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 08:41:40 PM »
Well lets hope that we get more than we did this year. Or our bandwagon wont have a wheel to spin on. But I don't have any idea's on the amount that we will win, just hoping it more. :gotigers

Bull

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 08:49:46 PM »
I would love nothing more than for us to make the finals, saying that i dont think there is much hope in the first four games except for Carlton.

If we dont win rd 1 i expect us to be anywhere from 0-4 to 0-8.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 10:08:20 PM »
We'll beat the Pies  :thumbsup. Collingwood = overrated. One narrow loss to a Geelong side who played their worst game of the year in the PF and the Pies and media believe they are close to a flag  :wallywink

Injuries will play a big part with us as we lack depth especially with our talls. If we can get our best 22 on the park we may shock a few early on. Our last month of footy wasn't the worst in the league by any means even without Simmo.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 11:57:40 PM »
Being realistic I beleieve somewhere between 8 - 10.
Injuries like this year 3-5.
Best 22 for the majority of the year could be 11-13.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2007, 03:22:22 AM »
We did worse this year than what we should have, I thought 10 wins was pretty getable before the injuries struck pre-season. The injury to Simmonds turned out to be catastrophic on two fronts, firstly the loss of our only effective ruckmen and secondly the pounding to morale that that situation created. We lost and we kept loosing and never recovered.

If simmonds can be fit or another effective ruckmen is put in place, confidence can be restored. Based on were I believe this group is at right now this is how I believe the season can pan out.

Carlton - Yes: We can win this game and we should win this game based on what happened in the last eight weeks of season 2007. Yes carlton tanked but I don't believe they are good enough to beat us anyway.

Kangaroos - Yes: The Kangaroos did a lot better this year than a lot of people thought they would, themselves included, they will come back to earth in 2008.

Collingwood - Yes: I believe that Collingwood are more hype than actual ability, I think they'll get found out in 2008

Fremantle - No: This is an interesting one, this side will make the eight next year and will surprise a lot of people. I wasn't a fan of Harvey's about three years ago but he just might make me eat humble pie.

Western Bulldogs - Yes: This is a fifty fifty one, bulldogs are in a bit of strife, eade wont ever win a premiership. Out of eade and Wallace we did get the best. dogs will finish mid table.

Hawthorn - Yes: Had a blinder of a season, one out of the box, wont happen this year but, welcome back to the pack Hawks. If they can hold there list together they are going to be a very good side, but not yet.

St. Kilda - No: St Kilda will bounce back. The loss of Grant really unsettled a lot of the boys down their at the saints early on in 2007, alot of people were peeed off. Ross Lyon, what a brave man to walk into that. Justice has been served and Butters has been scalped. The Saints will be one of the improvers this season.

Geelong - No: Nothing more needs to be said.

Essendon - Yes: Good luck Matthew.

Sydney - No: Sydney are still just a little bit out of our league, especially at the SCG.

Adelaide - Yes: We will win this one, Adelaide are on the way down.

Melbourne - Yes: This is an interesting one too, were as teams over performed last year, most notably hawks, kangars and Port, Richmond and melbourne under performed. Melbourne will bounce back, but we will still beat them.

Port Adelaide - Yes: Port will come back to the pack, everything fell their way last year, that wont happen twice.

Carlton - Yes: They'll be better than round one, but so will we.

West Coast - No: Subiaco, still a great side, they will be better without the criminal influence.

Essendon - Yes: Good luck Matthew.

Brisbane Lions - Yes: only because we will play them in Melbourne.

Geelong - No: Next

Adelaide - Yes: ageing side, on the way down

Hawthorn - Yes: As stated earlier

Fremantle - No: Will make the eight.

Melbourne - No: they'll get one back on us for their 150th year.

So that's 13 wins, 52 points and a finals berth, it's entirely possible, just ask Hawthorne.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2007, 08:13:28 AM »
Yeah sounds good in theory. more than likely demetriou and his fag mate anderson will probabaly scrap the p.pick in round 20 as we sit on 3 wins.

their probabaly thinking the job is done with the blues, they are on top again,  now lets "Fix this system"
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Mini Tiger

• Future Richmond star
  • Is that a change on the horizon?
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2007, 02:28:27 PM »
8, I hope (obviously hope more but really not sure how we will go).

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2007, 03:02:50 PM »
who knows !!!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2007, 03:27:08 PM »
We'll beat the Pies  :thumbsup. Collingwood = overrated. One narrow loss to a Geelong side who played their worst game of the year in the PF and the Pies and media believe they are close to a flag  :wallywink

Injuries will play a big part with us as we lack depth especially with our talls. If we can get our best 22 on the park we may shock a few early on. Our last month of footy wasn't the worst in the league by any means even without Simmo.

the pies are overated i agree but gee they are well coached. i really believe him and sheeds both ex tigers are the 2 best coaches ive seen. sheeds in his prime

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2007, 09:46:23 PM »
the pies are overated i agree but gee they are well coached. i really believe him and sheeds both ex tigers are the 2 best coaches ive seen. sheeds in his prime
Agree with Malthouse being a top coach who gets the best out of his group. Funny how some "Richmond" people are obsessed with Sheeds yet never once mention Malthouse.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2007, 09:59:50 PM »
I would love nothing more than for us to make the finals, saying that i dont think there is much hope in the first four games except for Carlton.

Same feeling.  We must start 1-0 or I feel any confidence will drain again almost instantly.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2007, 10:18:03 PM »

Same feeling.  We must start 1-0 or I feel any confidence will drain again almost instantly.

funny this comment because thats whats been going on in my head.
if we lose to the blues round 1 i can see heads dropping and ending up at 0/8 or 1/8

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2007, 10:35:27 PM »
If losing round 1 is enough to destroy all confidence then how weak-minded is that. If all clubs thought like that then the finals might as start in April.