Author Topic: Callum Coleman-Jones traded to Norf [Official]  (Read 99578 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
'We call him The Zombie': Tigers to unleash new weapon (afl site)
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2019, 02:34:20 PM »
'We call him The Zombie': Tigers to unleash new weapon

AFL.com.au
Sarah Black
May 24, 2019 1:19PM

CALLUM Coleman-Jones may be affectionately known as "Zombie" around the club, but Richmond defender Dylan Grimes is backing his teammate to handle his debut well during Dreamtime at the 'G.

The fixture between Richmond and Essendon, now in its 15th year, has attracted an average crowd of 71,431, making Saturday night a fairly daunting prospect for the 19-year-old ruckman.

Coleman-Jones has been rushed into the side following an adductor injury to Toby Nankervis and Ivan Soldo's one-week suspension for striking.

He will be supported by fellow 19-year-old Noah Balta, coming up against Essendon veteran Tom Bellchambers and forward-ruck Shaun McKernan.

"'CJ', we call him 'The Zombie' because he seems so much older than he actually is. He's got a great head on his shoulders, he's worked incredibly hard this year," Grimes said.

"Given the depth we had at the start of the year, he knew he had to work really hard in order to get a game and be patient for his opportunity and he's certainly done that.

"He took one of the better marks I've seen at VFL level a few weeks back, so he's an excitement machine and we're looking forward to seeing what he can bring.

"He's been playing against AFL ruckman at VFL level, so he's been playing and training at that intensity and competitiveness for a long time already."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-24/we-call-him-the-zombie-tigers-to-unleash-new-weapon-coleman-jones

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Callum Coleman-Jones [merged]
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2019, 07:17:30 PM »
I thought it was a good first game considering the conditions.

I’ll go out on a limb and say this kids will be a long term AFL footballer.
I just like the way he moved last night and some of the little things he did.

It wouldn’t worry me the slightest if they played him in front of Soldo. But I know they won’t.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2019, 07:30:31 PM »
Needs to add about 10kgs to his frame

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2019, 08:44:08 PM »
I thought it was a good first game considering the conditions.

I’ll go out on a limb and say this kids will be a long term AFL footballer.
I just like the way he moved last night and some of the little things he did.

It wouldn’t worry me the slightest if they played him in front of Soldo. But I know they won’t.

I thought considering who he was up against he did really well

Yes he got towelled up in the tap work stakes but not once did he drop his head or stop competing.

Around the ground he was super competitive

I'm the opposite though I'd bring Soldo straight back in.

Just don't think CCJ is ready for AFL just yet, especially back to back to back games.

I'd prefer to see him go back develop his craft further and bring him back in for the odd game later in the season
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2019, 09:06:05 PM »
CCJ has the talent and in time if he continues to develop he will become our 1st ruck once Nank retires. He has also shown at VFL level, he can rest up forward and kick a goal or two. However, he is too slight yet for regular AFL. He needs to build up his size and strength as solid mature ruckmen can too easily push him aside in ruck contests. Last week, the Box Hill ruckman Pittonet was too big and strong for CCJ as well with Soldo promoted to the seniors.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2019, 10:13:31 PM »
CCJ has the talent and in time if he continues to develop he will become our 1st ruck once Nank retires. He has also shown at VFL level, he can rest up forward and kick a goal or two. However, he is too slight yet for regular AFL. He needs to build up his size and strength as solid mature ruckmen can too easily push him aside in ruck contests. Last week, the Box Hill ruckman Pittonet was too big and strong for CCJ as well with Soldo promoted to the seniors.

Nanks only 24. Hope CCJ isn’t content to wait till nanks retired to be no.1 ruck.....

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2019, 02:06:56 PM »
Dimma's view:

“Coleman-Jones is a terrific, young lad,” Hardwick said.

“We spoke to him at the end of the game. We were really pleased with him and Noah (Balta), both second-year players, going up against a pretty experienced type of campaigner (Tom Bellchambers).

“I thought they both contributed really well.

“He’s (Coleman-Jones) going to be a really good player for us.”

Read more at: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-05-27/colemanjones-promising-debut

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2020, 04:11:10 PM »
10 disposals (7 kicks, 3 hballs), 1 mark, 2 tackles, 13 hitouts, 2 FF & 1 goal today.

Does CCJ play round 1?

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2020, 04:12:34 PM »
Yes

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2020, 04:18:04 PM »
Yah
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2020, 04:30:20 PM »
Yes for me against the blues.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2020, 03:14:20 AM »
Liked the look of: Who impressed for your club in Marsh week three?

Adam Curley
afl.com.au
10 March 2020

Callum Coleman-Jones

The athletic ruckman showed some good signs up against the more experienced Sam Jacobs, collecting 10 possessions, 14 hitouts and four inside 50s, and worked well with Ivan Soldo. Coleman-Jones kicked a skillful goal in the opening term to show off his mobility and had no issue getting his hands on the footy at centre bounces. He might give the coach something to think about with Toby Nankervis an emergency for the clash and playing VFL this weekend.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/381780/liked-the-look-of-who-impressed-for-your-club-in-marsh-week-three

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2020, 06:56:39 PM »
From the AFL website article

WANTED: Big bloke, excellent leap, wins hit-outs, gets a kick

Callum Coleman-Jones (Richmond)
Now into his third year, the South Australian has managed just one AFL game (last year) and is stuck behind Ivan Soldo and Toby Nankervis. While the Tigers have been thrilled with his development and signed him to 2021, how much longer can he wait around for a genuine chance to prosper? For now, the Tigers have committed to one ruckman with forward Mabior Chol pinch-hitting. Coleman-Jones' athleticism excites other clubs and it was a big factor in the Tigers taking him at pick 20 in the 2017 NAB AFL Draft.

Full article
https://www.afl.com.au/news/477090/wanted-big-bloke-excellent-leap-wins-hit-outs-gets-a-kick
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2020, 10:01:04 PM »
Lose a decade of this bloke tearing it up for a couple more years of Nankervis playing half a season, Slomo and an increasingly cooked Riewoldt ... :shh
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 10:45:01 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2020, 11:04:48 PM »
His contracted tho to 2021 correct.