Author Topic: Richmond vs Geelong @ the M.C.G., Rnd 13, 2018  (Read 15061 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Geelong @ the M.C.G., Rnd 13, 2018
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 07:54:18 AM »
12 point game
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 08:52:52 PM »
The AFL website is tipping us by a couple of goals.

Match preview: Geelong v Richmond

Mitch Cleary
afl.com.au
Jun 13, 2018

SUMMARY

Prepare for an arm wrestle. The competition's two stingiest sides lock horns in a standout clash, both having plenty to prove. Geelong will be looking to make amends from the previous meeting between the sides in last year's qualifying final, when they were suffocated by the Tigers' pressure. The Cats have taken a leaf out of the Tigers' book from that night when they managed just five goals, conceding an average of 66.7 points per game this season. However, the ability to do it against the Tigers and defend the MCG is another challenge in itself. In round eight, the Cats held Collingwood to five goals; six days later they were caught napping against the Bombers, who piled on 12 majors. The Tigers return from their third interstate trip this season with their third loss, and will be keen to show their midfield is deep enough to contend with the Cats. Last week, Port Adelaide's Ollie Wines, Sam Powell-Pepper, Tom Rockliff and Chad Wingard got the better of the clearance battle, while the ruck division was stretched beyond Toby Nankervis.

WHERE AND WHEN: MCG, Sunday, June 17, 3.20pm AEST

LAST FIVE TIMES
QF, 2017: Richmond 13.13 (91) d Geelong 5.10 (40) at the MCG
R21, 2017: Geelong 11.14 (80) d Richmond 9.12 (66) at GMHBA Stadium
R21, 2016: Geelong 10.22 (82) d Richmond 12.6 (78) at the MCG
R5, 2015: Geelong 12.13 (85) d Richmond 11.10 (76) at the MCG
R7, 2014: Geelong 11.15 (81) d Richmond 12.4 (76) at the MCG

THE SIX POINTS

1. Gary Ablett wound back the clock last week with 34 disposals (16 contested), eight tackles and a goal in the Cats' win over North Melbourne. Ablett has hit the scoreboard in all nine of his matches against the Tigers as a Cat.

2. Richmond's win in last year's qualifying final was the club's first over Geelong since 2006; the Cats had won 13 straight contests from 2007-17. The Tigers haven't won consecutive clashes with the Cats since 1999-2000.

3. Richmond will be looking to gain an advantage in the centre clearance battle, with a clear discrepancy between the two sides. A big difference could be in the middle; the Tigers are third in centre clearances averaging 13.3, while the Cats are last with an average of 9.6.

4. These two sides have met 42 times at the MCG, with Geelong winning 23 games to 19, including eight of the last nine. The Cats are two wins from four games at the venue this season.

5. A win for the Tigers would see them move to within one game of Melbourne's all-time record of consecutive wins at the MCG. The Demons notched 17 victories from 1955-1956. The Tigers have won their past 15 encounters at the ground, dating back to round 14 last year.

6. Shane Edwards' rise up the Schick AFL Player Ratings continues, with the midfielder/forward now ranked 38th in the competition and fourth at Richmond behind Dustin Martin, Alex Rance and Trent Cotchin. This time last year, he sat at 101.

IT'S A BIG WEEK FOR …
A streak of nine games with a goal came to an end last week for Josh Caddy. The former Cat was used in the ruck to start the final term against the Power, and will be hoping for more time in attack against his former side to continue a start to the year that has netted 27 majors.

PREDICTION: Richmond by 13 points.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-13/match-preview-geelong-v-richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2018, 03:16:33 PM »
Cats, Tigers blockbuster will not be on free-to-air television

Geelong Advertiser
14 June 2018

GEELONG and Richmond fans turning on their TV to watch their team in action on Sunday might get a rude shock.

Despite being the only match on Sunday this weekend, the match will not be on free-to-air network Channel 7.

Only fans with Foxtel will be able to watch the match live on TV due to the stretched broadcast arrangements over the bye weekends.

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2018-cats-tigers-blockbuster-will-not-be-on-freetoair-television/news-story/586fad0018f2abc7e99452021149ec4f

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2018, 03:40:36 PM »
:lol

The premiers (biggest club in Oz) & one of the best teams in the league don't get a run on FTA

I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2018, 04:51:56 PM »

The premiers (biggest club in Oz) & one of the best teams in the league don't get a run on FTA

thank the AFL and there TV rights deal

This current one has always had less games on FTA than previous deals

Ch7 can only do 3 games this week under the agreement and they have tonight, Friday & Saturday.

AFL want Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights on FTA....

is what it is  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2018, 11:32:15 PM »
 ;D
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2018, 01:42:38 PM »
Sunday 17 June

Summary
    Min 7
    Max 12
    Showers.
    Possible rainfall: 3 to 10 mm
    Chance of any rain: 90%

Melbourne area

Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers becoming less likely in the evening. The chance of a thunderstorm and possible small hail. Winds westerly 25 to 35 km/h tending southwesterly during the day then decreasing to 15 to 25 km/h during the afternoon.

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2018, 10:36:11 PM »
4 umpires for Sunday (same as Port vs Dogs):

2. Nick Foot
7. Brett Rosebury
21. Simon Meredith
32. Jacob Mollison

http://aflua.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Round-13-2018.pdf

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2018, 10:51:44 PM »

2. Nick Foot
7. Brett Rosebury
21. Simon Meredith
32. Jacob Mollison

Does this mean they won’t miss all the off the ball holding of Dusty or Cotchin? Or for once they’ll actually give a free kick to Riewoldt?

....I’ll believe when I see it!
The club that keeps giving.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2018, 11:02:49 PM »

2. Nick Foot
7. Brett Rosebury
21. Simon Meredith
32. Jacob Mollison

Does this mean they won’t miss all the off the ball holding of Dusty or Cotchin? Or for once they’ll actually give a free kick to Riewoldt?

....I’ll believe when I see it!
Yep, funny how the "noise of affirmation" never occurs at our home games despite the Tiger Army being the biggest and loudest crowd in the league  ::).

The extra ump placed inside F50 should be able to pick out Jack being scragged and having his arms chopped but I won't hold my breath either, Tigeritis.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2018, 11:07:27 PM »
By the way with the result tonight, Sunday gains even more importance. A win will send us back to the top for at least the next week and grab us a break on another top 4 wannabee in Geelong, while a poor loss could see us drop out of the top 4.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers face tall task against Cats backs (SBS)
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2018, 04:02:52 AM »
Tigers face tall task against Cats backs

SBS
16 June 2018

Richmond are masters at picking apart opposition defence's but Geelong's back six have proved more difficult than most to break down this season.

The Cats host the reigning premiers at the MCG on Sunday in their first meeting since the Tigers' famous qualifying final win last year.

Chris Scott's fourth-placed side boasts the stingiest defence in the competition, having conceded just over 66 points a game on average on their way to an 8-4 record.

Second-placed Richmond are no slouches with the fourth-ranked defence heading into round 13 but it's their non-traditional forward line that could prove the deciding factor.

"They have that smaller set-up and they bring that manic pressure but for us it's all about being really organised and set behind the ball," Cats defender Jake Kolodjashnij told AAP.

"Knowing our starting points and trying to (secure) the ball when it comes in through the air so we can hopefully take away the influence of those small forwards.

"If we're all contributing, flying for marks and trying to intercept against their smaller forward line then hopefully we can hurt them on the rebound."

That small forward brigade is boosted by the return of Daniel Rioli, who will play his first game of the season after overcoming a foot injury.

Brownlow Medal winner Dustin Martin is also a huge inclusion after a week out with a calf strain.

With pillars Harry Taylor (three games) and Lachie Henderson (none) rarely sighted this year, unheralded Kolodjashnij, Tom Stewart, Jack Henry, Mark Blicavs and company have done a bang-up job.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/tigers-face-tall-task-against-cats-backs

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2018, 01:26:28 PM »
CAR PARKING UPDATE

Due to heavy rain, car parking capacity in Yarra Park has been reduced to about 25 per cent for #AFLCatsTigers today. Please take public transport or, if driving, seek other parking options.

UPDATE:

Car parking Gate 6 (Punt Rd) has now closed. Gate 5 is the only remaining public gate open, but it is filling quickly due to limited capacity

https://twitter.com/MCC_Members/

Whateley: With the way the weather is, the lack of parking for people driving from Geelong for a Cats home game...I think today's crowd could be just around 45,000, which is a real shame. Are you coming to the @MCG today for #AFLCatsTigers? 🌧🏟

https://twitter.com/1116sen/status/1008175598592655360

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2018, 01:29:25 PM »
Covers on at the MCG.

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/KrockFootball/status/1008185439562301440

Whoever wins the toss might bowl first :snidegrin.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2018, 02:29:37 PM »
FINAL INTERCHANGES

Geelong: Sam Menegola, Corey Gregson, James Parsons, Zach Guthrie

Richmond: Brandon Ellis, Jack Higgins, Reece Conca, Kamdyn McIntosh

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-17/final-teams-geelong-v-richmond