Author Topic: Damien Hardwick on the Footy Show  (Read 3452 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Damien Hardwick on the Footy Show
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2016, 07:46:51 AM »
Yet very few accept Hampson, go figure.

Just Hampson?? Go figure..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2016, 12:25:19 PM »
Seriously - how can he keep saying things like its the strongest list in his time at the club.

We look like a bottom 5 club and a mile off playing finals.

Unleash the tornado

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2016, 12:46:26 PM »
Watching Amy on foxtel, looks like I didnt miss anything I havent already heard ad-nauseum

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2016, 06:20:58 AM »
Seriously - how can he keep saying things like its the strongest list in his time at the club.

Clearly he thinks he's coaching is the worst it's ever been given he's led inferior lists to 3 consecutive finals campaigns
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2016, 10:57:03 AM »
Here's the video link of Dimma's interview for those that missed it:

https://www.9now.com.au/afl-footy-show/2016/clip-cipiasu2w00060jnu5pzpro5x

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2016, 11:00:47 AM »

Clearly he thinks he's coaching is the worst it's ever been given he's led inferior lists to 3 consecutive finals campaigns

Rodney Eade did the same at the Swans, maybe not consecutive, how many finals did he get them into but they couldn't go to the next level. Malthouse was the same at the Dogs...maybe Hardwick is the same.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2016, 02:13:45 PM »
Eade got Sydney to a Grand Final in his first year, Malthouse got Footscray to a prelim. and did it with no money, in a time before drafts, salary caps & equalisation.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2016, 04:19:59 PM »

There r those who want to win finals and there r those who simply want to be invited and thrown out in two hours.

That's about it ...
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2016, 05:48:33 PM »

Do you think it's the strongest list we've had?

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2016, 02:10:24 PM »

Maybe on paper ( at the start of the year ) Definitely not in reality....and it is clear for all to see we are carrying players who are not AFL standard. Geez one could argue that Grigg is in our top 10 players at the minute.

Who knew Yarren would be plagued with mental problems. Conca would miss 12 weeks . Maric would become completely Irrelevant.  Vlastuin , B Ellis and Vickery all either stagnating or going backwards. Edwards also not playing at the level he was last year. Put into the mix a game plan that is unexciting and almost unwatchable at times.

2013 was the best list in Hardwicks tenure.  Players like Jackson , Matt White , Tuck and Jake King - none of them superstars , all of them malligned  but at least they made Richmond hard to play against.

Unleash the tornado

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2016, 04:05:27 PM »

Maybe on paper ( at the start of the year ) Definitely not in reality....and it is clear for all to see we are carrying players who are not AFL standard. Geez one could argue that Grigg is in our top 10 players at the minute.

Who knew Yarren would be plagued with mental problems. Conca would miss 12 weeks . Maric would become completely Irrelevant.  Vlastuin , B Ellis and Vickery all either stagnating or going backwards. Edwards also not playing at the level he was last year. Put into the mix a game plan that is unexciting and almost unwatchable at times.

2013 was the best list in Hardwicks tenure.  Players like Jackson , Matt White , Tuck and Jake King - none of them superstars , all of them malligned  but at least they made Richmond hard to play against.
true, plus how hard did Tuck have to fight to get a game.
I think that showed up Dimma as a bloke who picks people whose footy is not always based on merit, I think that affects the playing groups morale and coaches credibility.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2016, 04:28:58 PM »

It matters not whether you have the fastest car but rather, how you race it.
Caracella and Balmey.